‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

An Unexpected Turn of Events

Liliana

I stood outside of Tony’s house. He had told me where he lived right before we hung up, telling me that I can come over whenever I wanted. Now that I was here and no longer completely bugging over Dade, I’m not even sure why I wanted to come here and for what reason. I almost turned to leave at least a dozen times, but I kept turning back to the house. I’m not even sure why I am here, I don’t really like Tony.

Face it babe, you want me. Maybe not in the way you want Dade, but you want me.

Tony’s words came back to me like a slap in the face. Did I like Tony? Sure, he was hot and had a gorgeous body, but it’s Tony. He was one of those boys that you shouldn’t like, but were somehow drawn to. Well I guess Dade was like that for me also. I sighed and shook my head. Just the thought of Dade made me remember why I wanted to do this and why I came here. I took a deep breath and let it out before walking up the steps. I stopped in front of the door and stared at it. It was a typical wooden door with a typical gold painted knocker. Nothing at all was frightening about it. So then why was I suddenly so terrified?

I rang the doorbell.

And waited. A few heartbeats later and Tony was answering the door with no shirt *swoon* and a crooked grin on his face *double swoon*

“Hey Cat. I thought you weren’t going to show. You said you were only ten minutes away. What took you an hour to get here?” He asked as he let me in. Oh nothing, just standing outside your house like a creeper.

“I went for a walk before coming here. I needed to clear my head a bit.” I lied instead. He smiled at me… well it was more of a grin. I turned away so he couldn’t see me blush and took in his living room as I did so. The room was a decent sized room, lots of space. I noticed the Wii underneath the giant screen TV and realized why they needed so much space. Hard to swing your arms and legs around in a cluttered room. The walls were painted a tan color that made it look warm and cozy. I took in the few watercolors that were on the wall and instantly missed my own paints and pencils. I turned back to Tony and noticed him watching me, waiting.

“I’m sorry; did you say something to me?” I asked shyly. He chuckled and nodded.

“I asked if you wanted anything to drink.” He replied while grinning. I shook my head and hugged myself, suddenly self conscious. I bit my lip and waited for him to lead me somewhere.

“You want to play some Wii?” He asked, suddenly nervous as well. I thought about it for a minute. Actually I was debating on whether I really wanted to go through with my plan or not. Before I could change my mind I took a deep breath.

“Actually, do you want to go hang out in your room?” I smiled at him like I did this all the time, while inside I was hoping that he didn’t see that I was really nervous. Something flashed across his face before it was replaced with a smile.

“Sure, why not.” He led me past the living room and down the hall to the staircase. He started climbing the stairs without looking back. I hesitated at the foot of the stairs, one foot resting on the bottom step.

Did I really want to do this?

“Are you coming, Cat?” I looked up and saw that he had stopped on the landing and had turned to look at me. I put a smile on my face and started climbing. He smiled back and continued up the stairs. I followed him to a closed door at the end of the hallway. He opened it up and stepped aside to reveal…. More stairs? I looked at him incredulously. He chuckled and gestured for me to climb the stairs. I gave him one last look before climbing them. It turns out that the attic had been converted into his bedroom. He had a huge bed pushed up against the far wall. I couldn’t tell if it was a queen or king, but it was big. The deep blue velvety comforter looked extremely soft and I longed to run over and run my hand over its surface. He had a small sofa facing another giant screen TV. This one had an Xbox 360 attached to it.

He also had one of those industrial sized fish tanks put into the wall. There were various fish in there and a few sea horses. I have to admit… I was uber jealous of his bedroom at the moment. I heard him chuckle behind me and realized that I had been staring open mouthed at his bedroom for the last five minutes. Great. I closed my mouth and turned to him.
“Your room is totally kick ass, by the way,” I informed him. He just smiled at me and walked towards the stairs, which I just realized, was in the middle of the room. There was more to his room behind me. I took in the dresser, his own mini bar, a small stage with a complete set of band instruments. I wondered which instrument he played. He walked towards the mini fridge and opened it.

“Want a drink? I have a whole fridge full of Mountain Dew Pitch Black.” He grabbed one and offered it to me. I took it.

“Where on Earth did you find these?! I didn’t think they made them anymore. I can never find them at least.” I twisted open the cap and took a giant gulp. I loved the black grape flavored drink. I was like a drug addict and it was my heroin. He gave a small laugh as he sipped on his own.

“They sold them for a very limited time at gas stations and such. I bought an entire gas station’s stock of them. It’s my favorite Mountain Dew.” I laughed. It was my favorite one too. We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes, silently sipping the awesomeness that is Pitch Black. I started wondering around his room while drinking my soda. I stopped and sat on the edge of his bed. Oh yea, it was extremely soft. Like baby skin soft. Or like puppy fur soft. I looked around, taking in all of his posters hanging on the wall. There was a poster of Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Theory of a Deadman, Rise Against, Say Anything, and randomly a poster of Kelly Clarkson. I raise my eyebrows at it and point at it with a questioning look. His eyes follow to where I am pointing and he laughs.

“It was giving to me as a joke. I always said that she was my wife and I had babies with her and my friend… gave it to me.” He looked away and toyed with his soda bottle, so I dropped the subject. He walked over and sat next to me on the bed. We sat in silence a few more minutes. We were no longer drinking our sodas. I think we both felt nervous. Or maybe I was just the nervous one and was imagining him being nervous also.

“So I am sure you didn’t want to come over here just to sit on my bed and drink soda. What’s up Cat?” He asked, turning towards me. I fiddled with my drink, trying to figure out what to say.

“I just came from the hospital. He has been in the coma for three weeks. Three weeks Tony, and I don’t think he will come out of it. I want to get over him, find someone else. I was thinking, since you agreed to be my “boyfriend” just to piss him off, if you would be my boyfriend for real?” I didn’t look at him after I finished. I didn’t really want to see the rejection written on his face. But I looked anyways. He ran his hand through his hair and scrunched up his face.

“I don’t do relationships well…” I didn’t want to hear anymore. I stood up to leave. He stood quickly and grabbed my arm. I stopped and turned to him.

“I get it, you don’t do relationships. It’s fine. I will leave you alone now.” I said in the best monotone voice I could muster. I heard him sigh and his hand dropped from my arm… to wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him.

“I said that I don’t do relationships well. I never said I didn’t do them. Truth is, I am intrigued by you, Cat. I want to get to know you better.” He finished with a soft press of his lips against mine.

“So yes, I will be your boyfriend Cat.” I smiled up at him and wrapped my arms around his neck as I raised my head up to kiss him. Our lips met and it was… pleasant. It didn’t have the sparks like you hear about in love stories, but it did feel nice. I leaned into him and I felt him walk us back towards the bed, a whole three steps, and we fell onto the bed. I climbed on top of him, never breaking the kiss. I rested my hands on his chest as his hands roamed along my sides and back. I broke away from the kiss and stared at him as I ran my hand through his hair. He pulled me back down to him and we kissed some more. He rolled us over and claimed the top. I ran my hands over his chest and under his shirt to roam up his chest. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and broke away from the kiss long enough to shed his shirt.

I ran my hands along his naked chest and pulled him back down to continue were we left off. His tongue trailed along my lips and I shivered as something tugged my memory. It was a party I was at a few years back. I had gotten completely trashed. I remember calling out to a boy, and his cute sloppy grin. He walked over to me and we had started to make out. It had gotten steamy and next thing I know was he was shirtless and my shorts were open. I remember him running his tongue along my lips like this and then pushing it past my lips into my mouth, catching me off guard. We had gone at it for a while until someone tore him from me and stormed off, the boy waving at me.

For years I couldn’t remember who that boy was to save my life, but here with Tony running his tongue along my lips, I realized with a jolt that I did know who it was. I just had been ignoring it.

Dade!

I must have flinched or something because Tony pulled back and gave me a look.
“You okay babe?” He asked, his dark eyes were still smoldering with our passion, but now he looked concerned like he did something wrong.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied and ripped my shirt off. I pulled him down to me with every intent of erasing that from my memory. Tony went along with it. He kissed my back, nuzzled my neck and placed kisses against the base of my throat. His hands roamed up my stomach and gently cupped my breast. I reached for the buttons on his pants when his hands were suddenly holding my wrists.

“No Cat. We are not doing that.” He said, not looking at me. I froze.

“You don’t want to have sex with me?” I asked, trying to keep the hurt from my voice. He groaned and dropped his head onto my shoulder. He placed a gentle kiss there.

“Of course I do Cat, but I have a feeling that the only reason why it is going this far is because you were thinking of Dade there. That’s why you flinched and why you are trying so desperately to get into my pants. I don’t want it to be like that. If you want to sleep with me, it has to because you want to sleep with me and not because you are trying to run from the boy lying in a hospital bed across town.” He pushed back onto his knees and slowly crawled to the end of the bed to stand. He held his hand out for me. I ignored it and rolled off the bed. I pushed past him and rushed out of the room. I heard him calling after me, but I kept running. I ran down the second flight of stairs and out of his house. I ran down the street, past houses with people in the yard who watched me as I ran by. I kept running, not sure where I was heading.

I don’t know how long I ran, but eventually my feet found their own way to a familiar place. I stopped in front of the entrance. I slipped inside and gasped at the sight. The flowers were wilting, almost dead. The trees’ leaves were gone and they now looked like skeleton hands reaching for the sky. The ground was littered with dead leaves. The green grass was brown and brittle. I fell to my knees, tears forming in my eyes.

My beautiful Haven… what has happened to you?

I stood up and brushed the death from my knees. I turned and walked back towards the entrance. I stopped and turned back to glance sadly at my dead haven. I left there and pulled out my phone. I called Tony up. He answered on the third ring.

“Cat? Are you okay? I didn’t mean to upset you.” He rushed out. I smiled.

“A simple hello would have been fine Tony. Yeah, I was just upset. But you’re right. About all that you said. I want to apologize and hope that you still will be my boyfriend. I do want to get over Dade, but you were right to stop that. It shouldn’t have gotten that far unless we really mean for it to.” I heard him sigh after I was done.

“Of course I forgive you baby.” I smiled. We talked for a little while longer and then hung up. I walked back towards my house.

That was three weeks ago. Three weeks since I begged Dade to wake up from his coma. He has been in a coma for over a month. Tony and I have been dating for three weeks. I haven’t been back to the garden since that night. And I think I am slowly getting over Dade. Right now, I am getting ready to go out on a date with Tony. I was putting some curlers in my hair to make my black hair wavy. I was wearing a pink lacey strapless dress that had a black band around the middle and black flats on. I applied some mascara and eye liner. My phone vibrated on the vanity and I grabbed it.

Hey Kitty Cat, going out with the walking orgasm?? Shadow had finally met Tony and she about had an orgasm right there on the spot. I smiled and replied.

Yes Shadow, I am going out with Tony. We are going out for dinner somewhere. He wouldn’t tell me where though. Just told me to dress nice. I didn’t like that, the not knowing where we were going. But Tony decided he wanted to try the romantic stuff and wouldn’t tell me where we were going or where we were going after dinner. Just told me that he made reservations and for me to dress nice, but wear comfortable shoes since there was more to our date than just dinner.

Oh? What are you wearing? I snapped a quick picture of what I looked like and sent it to her. Her response was almost immediate.

Does dressing nice involve clown hair in curlers? I reached up and felt the curlers that I had forgotten in my hair. That would have been embarrassing meeting Tony at the park with curlers in my hair. I quickly took them out and examined my reflection. Yup, I looked hot.

Thanks Shadow, that would have been embarrassing. I grabbed my little clutch purse and keys and headed towards the door.

Just looking out for my girl! Go have fun, get down and naughty. You know, the fun stuff. I laughed and shoved my phone into my purse as I descended down the stairs. I practically ran out of my house to the car. I put the car into reverse and pulled out of the drive, where I almost ran into a black SUV with tinted windows. Something about it tugged at my memory, but I shook it off and kept driving. I made it to the park without any further accidents. Tony was waiting on a bench, iPod headphones shoved into his ears. He didn’t hear me approach and I stood there a moment staring at him. His dark hair fell into his face like a cascade of dark water, hiding his eyes in the shadows. He wore a dark grey dress shirt and black dress pants. The only actual form of color on him was his tie, which was a deep red color. And then on his feet he wore black and white etnies. I rolled my eyes and reached my hand out to give him a shove on the shoulder.

He jumped and looked up at me. He grinned when he realized it was me. Then his jaw dropped as he took in my appearance. Told you… I looked hot. He pulled out his ear plugs and stood up.

“You look… beautiful Cat.” He said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled and wrapped an arm around his waist as his went to rest around my shoulders.

“Thank you. You look good too. So where are we going?” He smiled and shook his head, meaning that he wasn’t going to tell me still and led me off through the park. We walked towards the gazebo that sat in the middle of the park. It was lit up with white icicle lights. Roses climbed the lattice pillars, giving off a sweet scent. There was a small table in the middle of the gazebo with a couple of place settings and dishes made of pure crystal. There was a man dressed like a waiter waiting nearby. I turned to Tony and he just smiled.

“I rented the gazebo for the night. I didn’t know where to take you, so I decided to bring the fancy feast to you. No pun intended.” It took me a minute to realize that he meant that my name was Cat and that he brought the fancy feast to me, which is also the name of a cat food brand. I laughed at him and removed myself from his arm to go sit down. The waiter pulled out my seat and pushed it in for me when I sat down. Tony sat across from me and the waiter handed us menus. Gazebo Restaurant was printed across the front and I opened it to see that the menu consisted of one meal entrée: spaghetti and meatballs with garlic knots.

“Well, this is such a hard decision. I think I will go with the spaghetti and meatballs, with the garlic knots.” I said with a laugh. I looked over at Tony and he was pretending like there was a vast selection to choose from.

“God, everything looks just so exquisite. I can’t possibly choose. I will go with what the lady is having. She makes good choices.” He closed the menu and handed it to the waiter, who I believe was trying hard not to laugh at us. He grabbed a bottle from a cooler and came over to us.

“Would you like some refreshments?” He said as he poured a bubbly beverage into our wine glasses. I took a sip and smiled.

“Sparkling grape juice. Very elegant.” Tony just grinned at me. We made some small talk as we waited for the waiter, who now wore a chef’s hat, get our food for us. Ten minutes later, he brought over two plates of steaming spaghetti with meatballs and a basket of garlic knots. He bowed to us as he wished us “Bon Appétit” and left us alone so we could enjoy our meal. I have to say, it was the best spaghetti and meatballs I have had so far. We were quiet while eating our meal. I was just savoring the taste, but I could swear that Tony seemed nervous about something. After our meal he stood up and held his hand out to me. I took is and he walked us to the edge of the gazebo and then turned to me. Music started playing as he put his hands around my waist and we swayed to the soft music.

“So did you enjoy dinner?” Tony said, trying to make some small talk. I smiled and nodded.

“Yes, it was very good. Probably the best spaghetti and meatballs I have ever had.” He smiled at that.

“That’s good. So Cat, I was wondering something. If Dade came out of his coma, are we back to just pretending to be dating, or would you just stay with me?” He asked. I stopped dancing and just stared at him. Would I stay with him, or would I go for Dade again? I opened my mouth and shut it again, words have seemed to have left me at that precise moment.

“I honestly don’t know Tony. I am not sure if I am totally over Dade yet, but I know that I like you a lot.” I confessed. I had grown to really like Tony this past month. He gave me a small smile.

“I was wondering because I really like you Cat… I think… I think that I love you.” He rushed out the ending and it took me a minute to realize what he just said. When I did, I could just stare at him. Tony loved me?!?

“You don’t have to say it back, not if you don’t mean it. I just want you to know that I love you and I care for you.” He kissed my forehead again and smiled at me. I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Thank you for saying that Tony, because I don’t think I am ready to say that to anyone just yet.” He smiled and nodded that he understood. At that moment the clock tower went off. I jumped in surprise when I realized that it was midnight.

“Oh my god! My mother is going to kill me. I told her that I would be back an hour ago! I am so sorry Tony, but I have to go.” I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and started to leave.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” He asked. I turned towards him and saw concern on his face. I smiled.

“No thanks Tony, but I drove here. Besides, I need some time alone to think about things.” He still looked concerned but nodded. I ran from the gazebo and towards my car. I put the thing into reverse again and started driving home. I wasn’t even five minutes from the park when there was a road block. I slowed down and rolled my window down. The man waving the glowing baton bent down and looked at me.

“Sorry miss, but the road is closed. No through traffic allowed.” I groaned and asked him how I could get to my house. After telling me of a back road I could take, I thanked him and drove off. I texted mom and told her that I was sorry, but I was going to be even later since there was a road block and I was being detoured. I didn’t get a reply back, so she was probably asleep. I was driving in silence for a few minutes when I decided that I needed some tunes. I reached over to turn on the radio. It was at that minute that a vehicle came out of nowhere and swerved right towards me. I screamed and jerked the steering wheel. My car swerved towards the shoulder and my tire hit something, causing my car to tip. I screamed as my car flipped towards a tree.

There was a tremendous jolt and my head whipped forward and whacked the steering wheel. I passed out for a few minutes. When I came to, my car was upside down and I was dangling there. I reached up and supported myself there while my other hand reached down to undo my seat belt. I fell to the roof of the car in a heap. I groaned in pain as the world swam. My head was resting on the door when suddenly, it opened. My head fell backwards and all I could see was a pair of legs in jeans. I turned my head sideways and saw a pair of boots. I reached out and grabbed onto one, trying to use it to get upright.

“Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.” I heard right before the boot connected to the side of my head. My vision went instantly black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. Did you miss us? I know we missed you. So, I am so sorry for the long wait. I lost internet back in the summer of 2010, then I became pregnant and still no internet. I finally was able to work on this chapter for you guys and am using someone else's internet since I still don't have any. Trust me, it sucks. So comments, I think ten would be good. You could tell us how much you hated the wait as long as you tell us how much you love this story and such. ;)

Comments and subscriptions please! <3