Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Stand

It was 1991 and I was free of plenty of things, I had given up Izzy’s kid simply because I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle the responsibility of having one and holding down a job. Of course because that had happened I was a lot more responsible sure I still drank a lot, and I smoked a bit, but I never got drunk enough to not know what was happening and I never smoked more than three cigarettes a day. I somehow managed to grab a job at the famed Whisky A Go-Go as a server, I made a lot of money just from tips and got my space violated plenty of times.

“Hey pretty lady; can I buy you a drink?” A voice called as I walked by, followed by a wolf whistle. I turned to see who it was, hoping it was someone non-important so I could throw their ass out to the curb. Of course it wasn’t. The man was sitting comfortably at one of the tables, his bleach blonde hair made him stand out from the parade of dark-haired bimbo’s he was with.

“Oh for fuck’s sake, you’ve gotta be kidding me.” I muttered to myself as I walked towards the man, he was smiling at me, he was Vince Neil and he was a regular. “Yes is there something I can get you?” I asked, plastering a fake smile on my face. Vince took off his sunglasses and looked me and when I say looked at me I don’t just mean he was looking at my face.

“You could get me another bottle of JD’s.” He started, “and your phone number since it seems I’ve misplaced mine.” He added I rolled my eyes as I turned around to get him his alcohol.

“Props for trying asshole but it seems like you’re outta luck, I’ve misplaced my number as well.” I replied as I set the bottle of Jack Daniels down on the table.

“Damn girl you’re fast but how about you sit on down and we can talk for a bit.” Vince said as I was walking away. God-damnit why was there a rule that I had to be nice to customers? Why? Vince was an ass and he was hitting on me like he did to every girl. Why couldn’t I throw his ass out on the street or something like that? I gritted my teeth as I turned to him

“I’m sorry but I can’t because unlike you I have to work for a living.” I said curtly then proceeded to walk away. I heard laughter from behind.

“Dude you just got your ass DENENIED!” A voice said to Vince slurring all the words, followed by more laughter.

“Shut up, I don’t see either of you with girls.” Vince snapped back causing a moment of silence.

“I see you with girls but last time I checked you were married, and none of these girls look like your wife.” Another voice spoke up, it was different it was huskier, less kid-like then both Vince’s and the other voice. I recognized it; it was Nikki Sixx, one of Vince’s band mates.

“Oh god now I’m going to have all three of those idio-“ I started. “Oh shit, I’m sorry.” I said as I bumped into someone and managing to spill the remainder of a drink all over them

“Oh my bad, I didn’t see you there.” The voice said he turned around. Please don’t let it be someone famous, someone that can get me fired, someone like Vince, I prayed as I picked up the glass.

“It’s my fault, I should’ve been paying more attention.” I said as I saw the person’s face. I don’t think I really need to say who it was. Let’s just say that they had blue eyes and very teased blonde hair, Duff. I bit my lip and mentally cursed myself, hopefully he didn’t notice me. Or if he did he didn’t recognize me.

“Oh no, it’s my fault, I insist.” Duff replied his eyes widening as he winked at me. That’s it I’m screwed, I thought he recognized me and now he’s going to go tell Axl and Izzy and I’ll be dead meat. He looked straight at me and for a second I thought he was going to say something that he was going say my name and I’d snap.

“No it’s my-“ I started again then stopped as he put his finger up against my mouth hushing me.

“Stop arguing , it’s my fault.” He said firmly, “how about later we go for a drink?” He asked me, I froze before I smiled at him.

“I’m off at midnight.” I told him as I glanced at the clock, two hours and that was it and then I was done.

“See you at midnight.” He answered as I walked away.

“Riley, I’ll work the bar, Vince is here tonight.” I told a co-worker, she was of course one of Vince’s many . . . fans.

“He is!? Thanks!” She squealed, giving me a quick hug and running off. The bar was the best place to work, sure you had drunk people as well as sober people hitting on you but at least you’re semi safe.

The last two hours passed quickly but that’s because the bar was loaded with people, I saw some more famous people, like Tommy Lee and Slash and then some not so famous people. Like the person who was trying to sell Tommy Lee coke. At one point Duff did come to the bar and we chatted for a while and then midnight hit.

I went to the back as another girl came to the bar to cover me; I got ready before I finally left, careful to avoid Vince.

“Do you still want to go for that drink?” I asked as I approached Duff, who was still sitting at the bar, probably wondering where the hell I had gone.

“Only if you want to.” Duff answered as he got off the bar stool and looked at me.

“Sure but not here.” I answered as he walked over to me with a smirk on his face. Around the Whisky I could Izzy flirting with some waitress as well as Axl talking to some girl at the bar. Slash and Matt I’m not really sure what they were doing, but it sure seemed that they had consumed a lot of alcohol but whatever they were doing they had gotten Nikki and Tommy involved and they were all looking at Vince, Mick and Riley with identical evil grins on their faces.

“Agreed.” Duff said as he surveyed the mess and with that we walked out of the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is it.
I hate to say it but I was tearing up as I wrote the ending.
I get to god-damn attached to my stories and characters.
And to let you all know I'll be rewriting Roxanne in the near future.
Oh now I have to do a couple of thank yous and some you-should-go-and-check-out-their-stuff.
To MotleyXCrue/Riley My Crue loving addict friend I hope the wait was worth it!
To Alex Tyler Is Beast/Alex My fellow Aerosmith loving nutcase xD Long Live Steven Tyler!
To White Lightning The girl who got me into Def Leppard and is just plain awesome
And To gunner Who is also a Crue addict, got me into epic Swedish Rock and was always patient when updates were lacking.
And then to anyone else who has taken the time to read this ridiclously long authors note.