The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Music Came First With Misery

Getting up five in the morning isn't my favourite thing. I got out of bed really slowly so I wouldn't wake Brandon and had a quick shower. In fifthteen minutes I was ready and I was writing a letter in the kitchen to Brandon when my phone rang. It was Brendon.

"What you want?"
"I was wondering if you need me to pick you up."
"No need. Kate is giving me a ride."
"Oh. I guess I'll see you in the airport then."
"Guess you will."
"Listen, is something wrong?"
"Nothing a can't handle."

I ended the call and went back to writing the letter. After five minutes I was ready and Kate was waiting for me. I toke my bag and opened the door. I waved at her when I had closed the front door slowly. I put the bag on the back seat and then sat up front. We talked about everything and then the radio started blasting My Chemical Romance. We sang along and had a good time. When she parked her car near the airport, I felt sick. I had to face Brendon. I had decided that I will give him the cold shoulder as much as I can. Talk with him would be only in few little words. Nothing to hard. I think.

We were the last one's to arrive. Spencer and Ryan were talking with Sarah and Melody, Jon was sleeping nex to them, Andy and Joe were both reading some magazines, Pete and Patrick were talking with the other four girls. Brendon came up to me and dragged me by the arm behind the corner. He pushed me againts the wall and leaned really close.

"Why are you acting like this?"
"Like what?"
"Like a fucking bitch. What did I do?"
"What don't you do?"
"What?"
"Just leave it Brendon."
"You kissed me yesterday. Why are you leading me on if you don't like me?"
"I like you, well liked you. No, like. I don't know. Can you just leave me alone? Let's make this tour about working and not having fun."
"Are you sure that is what you want?"
"Yes."
"If you say yes now, know you will never get me back."
"How can I get something back that was never mine to start with?"

Brendon looked straight into my eyes and a second later his lips were on mine. The kiss was passionate and strong, but yet had that sweetness in it. I broke the kiss and just looked at him.

"Do you want to give that up Kristel?"
"Give up what Brendon? We have never had anything."
"You can. I'm giving you that chance to make us work."
"Are you retarded or something? I'm in a relationship. I'm off limits for you. I've always been."
"But I love you, since the first day I saw you."
"No Brendon. I'm just gonna give you a lap dance after a lap dance at the shows, but that's it. I'm gonna keep my distance from you and I'm hoping you will respect me that much that you understand me."
"When you understand that you are making a mistake, I won't be here."
"Even if I'm making a mistake, it's my mistake to make."

I walked away. I walked away from the man who made my knees weak every single time he looked at me. He had that something over me. Even Brandon doesn't know how to touch me so I'd shiver for hours. I fel tears forming in my eyes, but I blinked them away. Brendon isn't the guy I should waste some tears on.