The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

I Couldn't Bring Myself To Call

I stepped away from him. The words he had just said...I couldn't believe them. Brendon could never do that, could he?

"I don't know what to say."
"You don't have to say anything. I just hope you understand why I'd love you to keep away from him. I love you and I don't want to lose you."
"You aren't going to get rid of me that easy. And I promise you that I will keep myself away from him now. To do something like that. Just leave. I can't believe this."
"Just keep this to you."
"I will."

I kissed his forhead and then went up to my room to pack the bags. As I was packing, I found an envelope full of pictures from the last tour I did with Panic!. Those days were good days. Me and Jon playing Guitar Hero almost every night, me and Ryan talking about everything, me and Spencer making cookies. And then there was the story between me and Brendon. We talked, we played, we made cookies. We acted like best friends and as much as I hate saying this, I flirted with him like crazy. I looked at the photos and found the one where we did a "family photo". We dressed up and did the make up. I was the mother, Brendon was the father, Ryan and Spencer were the sons and Jon was the grandfather. Those were the days. Sad that now anything won't be the same. I put the photos away and ended packing. When I laid down on my bed, my phone started to ring. It was Melody.

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Just ended packing. Why?"
"Wanna go out?"
"Where? Who? When?"
"Ryan's place. Everyone will be there and everyone are bring their boyfriends and girlfriends who have them."
"I think I'll pass this time. It's the last night and I wanna spend it with Brandon."
"Ok. See you in the airport then at six in the morning."
"Oh yeah. We're leaving early."
"So you go to bed early and no palying with that boyfriend of yours."
"I will not prmise anything. See ya tomorrow. Bye."
"Bye."

I toke the bag and went downstairs with it. I put the bag down next to the front door and then went to find Brandon. He was sitting in the living room looking at a picture. I went closer and saw that on the picture he was with a girl. I guess that was his sister.

"She's pretty."
"Yeah she was."
"What was she like?"
"She was the female version of me."
"Oh. Then I would have loved her."
"Yeah you would have. And she would have loved you."
"I love you Brandon."
"I love you too."
"I promise I will behave this time."
"I hope so."
"Wanna do something fun?"
"Like?"
"Well I'e got few ideas."

I started slowly walking away and as I walked away I started to undress myself. Brandon got the message a second later and we didn't even manage to get to the bedroom.