The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

It Was Only A Kiss

After the kiss, mu jaw was on the floor also, as were Melody's and Ryan's. I looked at Brendon and he just gave me a smile.

"What was that for?"
"For being you."
"Oh."
"You know I love you, right?"
"Yeah."
"And I know you love me."
"Yeah."
"So it was only fair for me to kiss you."
"Yeah."

Brendon just smiled and toke his sidekick. He kissed me on the cheek and walked out of the room. I sat on my bed and looked at the floor. Melody by this time had gone to the bathroom for a shower. So it left Ryan to look at me with a face I knew he was going to yell at me at some point. And as always, I was right.

"WHAT THE HELL?"
"What?"
"WHY THE FUCK WAS HE KSSING YOU AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO HOLDING HANDS. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TWO ACT SO COUPLEY NOW?"
"The kiss was a suprise even for me. Friends holding hands is fine. Coupley? I have no answer."
"What about Brandon?"
"What about him?"
"Two years and you are willing to just forget that for Brendon?"
"I don't now what to do. It's been great, the three years, but Brandon doesn't give me anything anymore. Yeah, the bedroom action is great, but I want more from a relationship than a good fuck every night."
"You do know that Brendon might not be that man you are hoping to score."
"I know, but Brandon and Brendon are like night and day. It'll do me good."

And the Brendon came back. He sat on his bed and looked sad. He put his phone down and then shook his head. I saw tears coming from his eyes and falling on his lap. I didn't know what to do, so I just sat on my bed, looking at him. Then I looked at Ryan who looked at me and then looked at Brendon. Melody came out of the shower saw Brendon crying and then looked at me. I turned my attention to Brendon. She sat on her bed and looked at Brendon. And so we three looked at a crying Brendon. This sight was sad. I guess Brendon felt eyes on him, because he looked up and looked at us. His eyes stopped on me.

"You knew and didn't tell me."
"What?"
"Martha. You knew and you kept me in the dark."
"I'm sorry. It wasn't my thing to tell you."
"You asked me about her knowing that she was dead."
"How do you know?"
"I called Brandon to talk thing over with him. And he told me. He also said if I'd hurt you I'll pay, but now I think I can't even look at you."

Brendon stood up and walked out of the room. I just sat there and then Ryan ran after Brendon. How could things go so wrong in a second? I toke my clothes off and went to bed. I felt tears falling from my eyes and so I fell asleep alone in the room. Meldoy went out with the other girls for a wild night on the town. I didn't feel like it. Can you really blame me?