Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Harsh Morning

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE BEFORE READING, HIGHLY IMPORTANT.

”Come on, Nick! I can see a rainbow on the other side of the trees, let’s go see if we can find the end!” Joe says, already trudging through the wet and muddy grass.

Nick had that goofy smile on his face, I called it his ‘adventure face’, and he was ready to stumble along, “Aren’t you coming?” He asked me..

I looked down at my dress, then back to him, “I don’t think mommy will like it if I get my dress dirty. Besides, running around in the mud is for guys anyway,” I lied, wanting to join in on the fun. I was always treated unfairly because I was the girl.

“Ella can’t come!” He shouted back at the boys, who were already glaring too much at the sun.

“She can’t come, she’s a GIRL!” Joe taunted.

I knew he wanted to follow them, “You can go if you want,” I said, turning around and heading back to the house to go play with dolls.

He grabbed my hand “No, I’ll play with you. My mommy wouldn’t like it if I got my clothes dirty too.”

“But I don’t have any toys that you can play with.” I said, walking away again.

“What about your crayons? We can draw us having fun if you want-”


“Cinders?” Joe whispers, poking me on the cheek, “Ellaa..” He says again, stretching out his words.

“What?” I said with an annoyed tone, my voice muffled by the pillow.

“Do you wanna come, we’re jogging this morning. Nick and I, Kevin’s not coming, Frankie’s sleeping.”

“So you wake me up instead?” I asked, pulling the sheets over my head.

He completely ignored my question, “We’ll come back before lunch and we can head out then, okay?”

I shook my head as he tried pulling the sheets off my head, then he gave up. He sighed, “Fine, ready by 12.” He got off my bed and started walking towards the door.

I peeked from under the covers and had a glimpse of his sad face, then eyed the clock, 9:42am. I grumbled, “Fine I’ll come.” I say, “10 minutes.”

He smiled his triumphant smile, and left the room.

I brushed and changed into a sleeveless hoodie and matching pink velour shorts and headed downstairs with my iPod and sneakers in hand. I downed a glass of water, when Elvis nudged his head on my shin and barked, “Yeah, he dragged me out of bed, too.”

Nick yawned, already in a loose tracksuit, matching hoodie and track pants “That makes the three of us.”

“Let’s go, kids.” Joe says, opening the front door.

Nick and I follow tiredly behind as Joe breaks out in a full jog down the street, grateful they were empty. Big Rob and one other security guard followed silently after we exited the gate.

“Hurry up! Last one back at the house is paying for lunch!” Joe shouts across his shoulder.

Nick and I looked at each other and continued walking while a bodyguard passed us and ran after Joe. “I had a dream last night,”

“Tell me about it.”

I told him, “Thanks for playing with me instead, I had fun. But it was the day you snapped my green crayon.”

He smiled, then laughed, “I remember, Mom was so angry at Joe and Kevin I was glad I didn’t go.” He recalls, “Oh Joseph..” He whispers afterwards, looking up the road.

“I’ve been waiting for you guys for 10 minutes now, I asked you if you wanted to come for a jog, come on.” He says, gesturing with his left hand for us to speed up.

I ran, past Joe and Nick. “Come on then!” I said over my shoulder.

"Come on, boys! We've been running for 20 minutes, you seriously can't be tired already! You asked for a run Joseph, you're giving me a walk in the park!" I yelled, walking backwards. They were pacing behind, both red-faced and jogging together.

They both looked at each other, then back to me, and jogged up to keep pace. "How.. Do... You.... Do that?" Joe asked, with large huffs of breathing in between.

"You guys are supposed to be the fit ones, running around on-stage and everything!" I said, jokingly punching Nick in the arm, which seemed to be as hard as rock.

"It... might be... Hay fever..." Nick puffed.

"Yeah right." I said, rolling my eyes, continuing with my running.

JOE's POV

"She killed me out there!" I screamed, plopping myself down on Nick's couch while he slouched into his closet and picked out his outfit for lunch.

"How the hell does she do that?" He said, coming out with a pair of dark jeans and a slogan-shirt. "Could you not slump around on my couch while you're sweaty like that?"

I moaned, I didn't want to move, "She's pretty fit..." I said, letting my mind wander.

He must've seen the look on his face, he threw a dry towel at me, "That's disgusting. Get out of my room!" He says, pointing to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there, thanks for being so supportive, everyone. I told you guys I would have a lot of time to update. I'm actually writing chapter 13 now, so I'm pretty sad you guys are actually behind!
This time, I want at least 45 comments before my next update. And I want some creative criticism on my writing style and whatever you guys think!

Just to let you know, I totally missed a chapter on my story called 'The Madness' so I had to go back and post it, so you guys get two updates in one go! Don't forget to read it before you move on! x

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
&Comment it!