Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Welcome Home, Ella

Dad had stayed for 3 hours, everyone talked about their different memories, I tried recalling mine, but the only memory I had that was vivid, was the Green Crayon Incident, and I didn’t want to bring it up. It seemed sort of stupid anyway. Nick and I were too young to remember, Frankie wasn’t even there, so the three of us were silent.

Dad finally had to go to his hotel, having a business meeting straight in the morning was what he loved getting ready for.

I hugged him goodbye at the door, “Be good, I don’t want ant trouble coming out of you, missy.” He says, kissing my hair.

“Take care of yourself dad, and mom.” I say, inhaling his clean dad smell.

“Oh, I will, you just need to take care of yourself, don’t worry about me and your mother, you just leave everything to us and enjoy it here, promise?” He says.

“Promise, dad.” I say, letting him go, and watching him walk down the front steps, down the drive and into the waiting limo.

I closed the door, “I had the boys carry your things up into the guest room, It’s the one with the open doors,” Mrs. Jonas says, “There’s wireless internet connection, the fridge is always open, and you can call me whenever you like.” She says, smoothening down my curls, “Just give our door a knock and come in, okay?” She finishes.

“Okay.” I say, smiling.

She headed into the kitchen while I went upstairs, exploring by myself. The doors had different names on them, according to each of the rooms owned by each brother, then I saw a door, with my name on it, ‘Ella’, with a post-it stuck on the door underneath my name, and with beautiful script writing it said ‘Welcome Home’.

I pushed the doors to reveal a spacious room, very new, very Mrs. Jonas. Double bed, flat screen TV, personal en suite bathroom, all very spacious. My LV Luggage lined in the middle of the room, next to the two sofas and coffee table. I could get used to this…

I showered and changed into my pajamas, a dark purple, silk chemise that ended at my knees my mother got me from France, with a matching silk robe.

I headed downstairs to get my handbag from the living room, and was greeted by a bear of a dog, a golden retriever, wanting to jump on me and lick my face. I patted his head and crouched down to his eye level.

“Hey there,” I said, scratching him behind the ears, “What’s your name?”

“His name’s Elvis, sorry, He’s really friendly.” Nick says from behind me, walking up to Elvis and releasing the leash from his collar.

“That’s okay, I like dogs.” I say, sitting down on the hardwood floor and scratching Elvis’ head.

Nick laughed, “Good, ‘coz this big guy’s gonna be around a lot.” Nick says, patting Elvis’ back, “And now, it’s time for Elvis to get some sleep, right boy?” Nick says, pointing to the small couch, that looked like it could fit Frankie, in the corner of the living room.

Elvis got up and made himself comfortable in his couch, Nick reached out his hand for me to take after getting up himself. I took his hand, “He likes running around outside, it tires me out so I just leave him there.” He says with a laugh.

“I wish I had a dog, dad’s sort of allergic so he can’t hang around them for too long.” I say, grabbing my handbag.

“I’ve always wanted a dog, so everyone gave me Elvis for my birthday,” He says with a smile, rubbing Elvis’ head, there was a moment of silence, “Mom wanted me to check if you were settling in well.”

“Yeah, I have, thanks again for letting me stay. I know how important this is for dad.” I say, leaving the living room, up the stairs and into my room.