Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Summer, oh, Summer

ELLA’s POV

I sat on the couch, pen and paper in hand, ready to write some notes down for my English assignment on the rise and fall of the economic market – nothing. Damn journalism clashing with economics.
I glanced at my page and scanned over at what I had written. The rise and fall of the economic market. By Ella Jones. Useless.

Thinking about economics and marketing only made me think more about dad. Was he okay? Was mom okay? I haven’t heard from Matt in a while – that was a lie, I heard from him last night. Damn, was I being paranoid again?

“Joe, do you know anything about the rise and fall of the economic market?” I asked, why, oh why…

“Sorry, I don’t do schoolwork during summer. It’s my time to relaxxx” He says, stressing his ‘x’s.

I rolled my eyes and scanned the room. Man was it a good day to go for a swim.

“Ella, there is no place for homework during the summer.” Kevin says, taking my books and dumping them on the coffee table.

I frowned, “But Mr. Tanner is going to kill me.”

He waved the thought of it away, “You have weeks to go, calm down, would you?”

But I couldn’t calm down. “Do you know anything about the rise and fall of the economic market?”

He gave me a look which read: ‘I can’t believe you’re asking me this question after what I’ve said’.

“Fine.” I said, getting up, grabbing my books and closing them, satisfying Kevin, and headed for the stairs.

“Come on Nick! How long does it take you to get CHANGED?!” Frankie screamed, knocking furiously at Nick’s door in his bathing suit.

“Just a minute Frankie!!” He screamed back.

“Oh hey Ella, we were just about to go swimming, you wanna join us?” Frankie asks politely.

I look at my books, meaning to study but looked back at Frankie who had pleading eyes, “Maybe later, Frankie.”

Maybe those Jonas boys have a gift for persuading people, but I think Frankie was just keen to play with me in the water.
So there I was in my bikini, with Frankie splashing water at me, with Elvis swimming along behind him, and Joe with Nick on the other side of the pool.

NICK’s POV

I could definitely agree that summer was my favourite season, and by the looks on Joe’s face, I could tell it was his favourite, too.

Joe whistled under his breath, which made me glare at him suspiciously, “Check out what I’ve been missing on…”

I rolled my eyes at the unbelievable fact that Joe took any sort of an interest in Ella, “Joe, that’s disgusting,” I said, turning back to my book.

I knew I had a hint of jealousy in my voice, “Nick, you honestly can’t be that protective, right? You guys have just met up again.”

“Well….” And before I could finish, he was already in the pool, entered with a perfect dive. Are you kidding?

JOE’s POV

“Hey Ella.” I say, approaching the brunette beauty on the deck chair.

“Hi Joe, you’re wet,” She says with a laugh, “Why don’t you get back in the pool?”

I smiled, “I was wondering if..” I turned my head and saw Frankie, sitting and reading a book, “Hey Frank, wanna go play with Nick for a second?”

He gave me a look before getting up and joining Nick, “If you wanted to go to lunch… Maybe dinner, in a couple of days.”

She laughed, “Sorry, Joe. I have a boyfriend.”

“You do?” I said in a monotone voice.

She laughed again, “Yeah, Joe, I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what, guys: I'm on summer holidays, which means I have lots and lots of time to write! Sorry for not updating, and I was sort of joking about the 30 comments thing D: so here's a chapter to keep you hanging in for longer. Love always!
The next time I'll post is when I get 35 comments, I'll be nice

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
&Comment it!