Status: Finished

Accidentally in Love

Chapter 7

It had been 6 months since Mike and I began dating. He had recovered amazingly well and was able to resume skating and training for the upcoming season. Even though he still wasn’t cleared to play, he was itching to get back on the ice. Since we were a couple, it became a conflict of interest for me to be his doctor, so I stayed and looked after him like a girlfriend with a medical degree would...I just wouldn’t be getting paid.
“Brooke! Come skating with me,” Mike called out to me.
“Seriously? Baby, you’ve been skating everyday this week. Why do you want to keep going?” I asked, walking down the stairs from the balcony and into the kitchen.
“Because I love it. And I want to do something with you,” He smiled, reaching over and wrapping me in his arms.
“Aww, well how can I say no to that? Ok, but we’ve got to go to my apartment first so I can pick up my skates.” I said, putting one of Mike’s hoodies on and grabbing my wallet.
“Well, you could always use a pair of skates from the arena. They’re new and I’m pretty sure there’s a pair in your size.” Mike reasoned, grabbing his keys and petting Jasper before we left the apartment.
“Eww, that’s probably one of the most disgusting things that has come out of your mouth. I’m not wearing skates that aren’t my own. I don’t know where they’ve been. Plus, I haven’t broken them in so they’ll hurt.”
Mike laughed, “My god, you’re so hard to please,”
“No, I just know what I like.” I smiled, leaning in and pressing my lips lightly against his cheek.
We made our way down to the parking garage and I walked over to the Escalade waiting for him to open it.
“Umm, babe, we’re not going in the truck.”
My face fell. I hated the Lambo. “Mike, why must you torture me? You know I hate the Lambo!”
“Brooke, I don’t understand why though,” He sighed, unlocking the doors and lowering himself into the beast.
“Because it’s too fast, too low, and it’s worth more than I am,” I whined, sliding into the passenger’s seat and closing the door.
“Brooke, look at me. Don’t ever for one second think that my car is worth more than you are. I could live without this car. Sure it would suck for a little while, but I’d get over it. I couldn’t live without you though. I love you way more than this car,” Mike said, leaning over the centre console and linking his hands with mine.
“Oh, Sweetie, now you’re gonna make me cry. Way to go, Jerkface!” I smiled, leaning in to kiss him lightly on the lips.
After stopping at my house to grab my skates, we finally made it to Kettler. Once in the locker room, I had noticed that we weren’t the only ones there. Almost all off the stalls had pairs of sneakers in them instead of skates.
“Baby, how many people are here?” I asked as he tightened my skates for me.
“Not many I don’t think. Brooks, Stecks, and Ovie are here for sure. Not too sure about everyone else, but it doesn’t seem like there’s many here.” He smiled, finishing my skates and starting on his own.
Getting on the ice, I actually began to notice that there were fewer people here than I expected. Brooks and Megan were here, Dave, Ovie, as well as Coach Boudreau and his son Brady. The boys had all skated off to work out together, shooting pucks and having fun with Brady. That left me and Megan to ourselves. We did a few laps around the rink until we both got bored and took seats on the bench.
“Brooke, come here for a second.” Bruce called to me from the other side of the ice.
“What’s up? I asked, gliding to a stop in between Mike and Brooks.
“Brooke, I’ve got to ask you something,” Mike mumbled.
“What is it?” I pushed.
“Baby, I love you. I love you so much. And I know that we’ve only been together for six months, but I can’t see myself being with anyone else,” Mike said, lowering himself down on one knee and taking a black velvet box out of his pocket.
“Brooke Phillips, will you marry me?”
I gasped as he pulled the princess cut diamond out of the box and slid it onto my left ring finger. “Oh my god. Yes, of course I’ll marry you.”
Mike smiled, got up off of his knee and wrapped me in his arms. We kissed and held each other for what seemed like hours. I never felt so complete in my life.
“I love you, soon to be Mrs. Green,” Mike smiled, kissing my forehead.
“I love you too, husband to be!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's really short and kind of rushed, but I really needed to finish this story. It's taken me a few months, but it's finished. So please comment. Thanks for reading!! xoxox