Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Prettier and Younger

(Travis’s POV)

I yawned and reached over to the other side of my bed to wrap my arms around Jenna. She wasn’t there and the bed was cold. Then I remembered the events of the previous night. I sat up and opened the curtains in my bedroom. It was cloudy and drizzling. What shitty weather for the first day of summer. I walked over to the closet and grabbed clean clothes. I pulled them on and grabbed my sidekick before leaving my room.

“Travey, where are you going?”

“I’m going to get coffee and walk to Jenna’s house,” I said bending down to kiss my mom on the cheek.”

“Why don’t you bring her over for dinner tonight? I’d love to meet her,” she said smiling.

I sighed, “Okay. I’ll be back later. Love you.”

I shivered as I walked down the sidewalk. It was fucking cold for summer and the rain didn’t help. I was about to open the door to Starbucks, but something caught my eye. I saw Pete with a small brunette girl, deffinately not Ashlee. The girl turned around and her smile fell. I felt my heart drop.“Jenna,” I mumbled under my breath.

What the fuck is she doing with Pete? I swung open the door to Starbucks and ran to the big windows and watched as my girlfriend drove away with one of my good friends. And yes I am the jealous type. I had major jealousy issues.

I stormed out of Starbucks and trudged back to my house. Why was she with him? What the fuck? I opened the door to the apartment and slammed the door behind me. The apartment was dark and felt cold. I walked into my room and lay down on my bed. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

These past few months had been amazing, why is she doing this? Maybe I’m overreacting. Yeah, I’m jumping to conclusions. Stop being such a pussy. I wiped the tears from my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up my door was shut and I felt empty. I got up and sat down at the computer. I checked the Gym Class Heroe's myspace and read some of the comments people left, the comments people left always made me feel beter. I heard my door creak open and turned my head absentmindedly. And there was Jenna looking absolutely gorgeous as usual. I wanted to yell at her and ask her what the fuck she was doing with Pete, but I couldn’t. I could barely even squeak out a hi. I turned my attention back to the computer screen as she sat down next to me. “Hey,” she whispered kissing me on the cheek. How was she acting so calm? Why was she acting like I didn’t see her?

“Hi,” I managed to say.

She sighed, “Trav, he was only giving me a ride home.”

I looked at her, “Why do you have such a guilty conscience? Do you act like that around every guy when I’m not there?”

She squinted at me, “What are you talking about, Travis?”

I bit down on my lip, “I saw the way you looked at him, Jenna. If I didn’t know either of you, I would have thought you two were together.”

“Travis, I love you. I would never do something to hurt you. Pete is my friend and your friend. I can’t believe you’d jump to conclusions like that.”

I scratched the back of my head and rubbed my eyes, “I’m sorry, I just thought… I don’t know.” She leaned in close to me and brushed her soft lips against mine. She pulled away and looked sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked biting down on my lip.

“Last night. I’m so sorry. I bet I embarrassed you,” she said looking at me with sad eyes.

I shook my head, “You didn’t embarrass me. You were drunk.”

“Exactly I was drunk. You’ve never seen me drunk… I get out of hand and do things,” she said.

I took her face in my hands and kissed her, “Baby, you didn’t embarrass me. But what was with that Lily girl? She was a fucking bitch. I've never seen you so angry, I kind of liked it. It was sort of sexy.”

She smiled and leaned back in the leather chair she was sitting in, “The night before I met you I was at a party and got totally wasted. Lily’s boyfriend was there and we made out. She was my best friend and I betrayed her. But after I did that she took things to far and told everyone in school and it was just really embarrassing. I never told you this cause I didn’t want you to think I was a slut.”

I took this all in before hugging her, “Is that why you were crying when I first saw you?”

She nodded her head, “That’s why whenever we went somewhere I didn’t drink. I didn’t want to make a fool of myself in front of you.”

I kissed her forehead, “I love you Jenna. You’re not a slut or anything of those things Lily said about you.”

She smiled and pressed her head against my chest. I kissed her head before picking her up and laying her onto my bed. I climbed on top of her so I was straddling her. I kissed along her neck and collarbone. She giggled and squirmed underneath me. I kissed her passionately as I slid my hand under her shirt. I began to lift it over her head but she pulled away and pulled it back on.

She smiled shyly, “Sorry, I-I...”

I kissed her head and crawled off her, “Don’t apologize baby.”

I pulled her closer and she snuggled into my side.

“Trav?” she said abruptly.

“Yeah?”

A smile crept across her face, “Do you think I’d be a good rapper?”

I burst out laughing, “Almost as good as Pete.”