Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

You're Just In Time, To Witness My First Breakdown

(Travis’s POV)

“I told you she’d like you. I can’t believe you were nervous to meet my mom,” I said to the girl on the other end of the phone.

She sighed, “I just get… nervous. I don’t know why.”

“Well, she loooooooved you,” I said exaggerating.

She laughed, “Okay.” I sighed and pushed myself off the couch.

“What are you doing? I’m so bored.”

“I’m looking at the cost of plane tickets,” She said.

“Oh yeah. What days are you going to be coming to California?” I asked her.

She took a long breathe into the phone, I could tell this wasn’t going to be good. “Well I can’t come to California to visit you. I’m going to Chicago, to see my parents.”

“What the hell? No way. You said you were going to come visit me in California,” I said angrily.

“Trav, I haven’t seen them in almost four months,” She said annoyed.

“I can’t not see you for two and half months. That’s going to suck so bad. You have to come. Please,” I pleaded. I didn’t want to sound like a desperate asshole. But seriously, how was I going to be without her for two and half months.

“I’m sorry, Trav. I miss my parents a ton.”

I sighed and threw down the magazine I was reading, “Whatever.”

“Are you seriously mad at me?” She asked.

“No. I’m just annoyed. You said you were going to come and see me in California. And now your not,” I said, “but I guess I’m going to have to get over it. You better hope I don’t see any hot girls when I’m out in California. You have no idea how lonely I’m going to be.” She didn’t say anything for a while. Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that.

“Asshole.” Click.

I looked down at the screen of my sidekick, ‘Call Ended’. Fuck. I slid the sidekick into my back pocket and opened the front door to the apartment. I ran down the stairs and got into my car. Why did I always have to be such an asshole?
♠ ♠ ♠
really short update. sorry.