Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Safe Bet

(Jenna’s POV)

The next morning I opened my eyes to the sound of Travis’s buzzing alarm clock. I sighed and kicked the navy sheets off my legs. I shook Travis’s shoulder and whispered into his ear, “Wake up, Travie. We’re leaving in like ten minutes.”

He groaned and buried his face deeper into his pillow I sighed and got up off the bed. I grabbed clean clothes from my suitcase and slipped on a short babydoll dress. I brushed my hair and threw it up into a bun.

I jumped onto the bed and straddled Travis’s thin hips. “Wake up.” He yawned and stood up from the bed. He patted my head and walked into the bathroom. I laughed and looked around his room for my black flats.

Travis walked back in fully clothed and his hair tamed. “Morning, when are we leaving?”

“Like five minutes. Your mom said she’d drive us to the airport.” He nodded his head and grabbed his laptop case.

I finished doing my makeup and threw the rest of my stuff in my suitcase. I grabbed my suitcase, my laptop case, purse and threw them down in the living room. I sighed and sat down on my suitcase.

“Are you kids ready to leave?” Travis’ mom asked as she walked in from the kitchen.

“Yup,” I said smiling.

Travis shuffled into the living room, bags in tow. “Ready?” He asked grabbing my suitcase with his freehand.

I nodded my head and picked up my purse and laptop case. We followed his mother out the door and down the stairs to her car.

We arrived at JFK airport alittle while later and said goodbye to his mom. We walked up the stairs to the terminals and met up with the rest of the guys from GCH. I said goodbye to the guys and watched them go over to check in their bags.

Travis pulled me into his arms and kissed my head, “I’m going to miss you so much.”

“I’m going to miss you too Travie,” I said, “But we’re going to talk everyday. We still have our phones and the internet and stuff…”

“It’s not the same as me with you, face to face,” he said smiling.

I smiled and kissed him again, “I love you.”

“Love you too baby. Call me,” he said squeezing me tight.

I smiled and pulled away, “Bye Travie.”

He waved and smiled, “Bye baby.”

I sighed and grabbed my things from off the ground. I checked in my things and made my way over to my terminal. I grabbed my purse and laptop and walked into the airplane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived at O’Hare International around 12pm. I took a cab from O’Hare to my house in Glenview. When I arrived I gave the cab driver his fare, grabbed my stuff, and ran to the doors of my big white house. I opened the door and dropped my stuff in the front hall.

“I’m homeeee,” I screamed. I heard shuffling from the kitchen and then felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

“Sweetheart!” I turned around to face my mother, she smiled and hugged me tight. “Gosh, I missed you so much.”

I kissed her cheek and brushed her bangs out of her eyes, “I missed you too mommy.”

She smiled and grabbed my hand, “are you hungry?”

“Yes, I’m starving,” I said opening the cabinets in the kitchen. “Oh, where is dad?”

Her smiled dropped and she bit down on her lip, “He’s working. He’ll probably be home late tonight.”

“Oh, ok,” I said smiling. I grabbed Oreos from the pantry and sat down at the kitchen table. “So mom, how are you?”

She sat down across from me and smiled, “Wonderful. Now that you’re home.”

For the next two hours my mother and I talked non stop about things each of us had missed. I told her about Travis and his band, about me being a senior next year, and about what she missed in New York.

She sighed and leaned back in her chair, “Your father has been so busy lately. He’s never home anymore. I’m home by myself most of the time. I miss New York, I miss you and your brother.”

I leaned across the table and hugged her, “Well, I’m home now and I’m going to be with you for the next two and half months.”

"Yes, and I'm so glad," she smiled.

"Do you mind if I take a nap?" I asked.

She laughed, "Why are you asking? You're home. Do whatever you want. I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store anyway. I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Ok bye, love you," I said as I grabbed my bags and made my way upstairs to my bedroom. I opened the doors to my bedroom. It looked the same as I had left it. The same wine red walls, the same posters, same bed, and I loved it. I put my laptop on my desk and plugged it in. I laid down on the bed and pulled the blankets over myself. I grabbed my phone from my purse and plugged it into the charger. When I turned it on I had two unread IMs.

I opened the IMs, they were both from Pete. I smiled and read them:

'Hey. Sorry we didn't get to hang out before you left for California. Call me when you get back or something.'

The second was sent ten minutes ago:

'Are you avoiding me, miss Jenna Rae?'

I laughed at him using my middle name, and thinking I was avoiding him. I clicked reply and started typing.

'Of course I'm not avoiding you, mr Peterpanda. And I'm not in California. Last minute I decided to go to Chicago, to see my parents. I'm in Chicago for the rest of the summer.'

A few seonds later my phone buzzed:

'Wow. That's so weird, cause I just got to Chicago yesterday. I'm staying here for the whole summer, with my parents. Wanna hang out later?'

I bit down on my lip and started typing on my sidekick again.

'Sorry, I'm spending some time with my family today. But tomorrow call me.'

The phone buzzed again.

'Ok. Call you tomorrow. Love - me.'

I smiled and put the phone done next to me. Maybe this summer wasn't going to be horrible without Gabb and Trav.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments, please

:D