Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Chicago, Please Rain Down On Me

(Jenna's POV)

I opened the door and got into the small black car.

"Peterpanda, I missed you," I said laughing and leaning over the armrest to hug him.

He smiled, "Missed you too. Are you ok? You didn't sound good on the phone."

"Just stuff with my parents," I said. I wanted to forget about everything that was going on at 'that' house.

"Oh, ok. Well, if you wanna talk about it, Peter is here," he said smiling. I laughed and turned up the CD that was playing. "Wanna go get something to eat?"

"Yes! I'm so hungry," I said rubbing my stomach. Pete laughed and pulled out of my street, and began driving towards Wilmette.

We drove for a little while before pulling into iHop. I laughed and opened the door, "Why iHop?"

"Hey, don't dis iHop. Best pancakes ever. And it's open til like 2am," he said shrugging.

We sat down in a small booth in the back and ordered two plates of pancakes each. I sipped the coffee the waitress had brought and relaxed into my seat.

"So, was Trav disappointed that you didn't end up going to Los Angeles with him?" Pete asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, he had wanted to spend the whole summer together."

Pete nodded his head and sipped his coffee, "Well, we're going to have fun, together."

I smiled, "Obviously."

The waitress came with our pancakes and we ate almost every pancake that we were given. When I finished, I leaned back and rubbed my stomach. "Oh god, I'm so full."

Pete laughed and pulled his hood over his head, "Same." We paid the bill and made our way out the door. "What time is it?"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time,"1:55."

He nodded and unlocked the car doors, "How late, or early can you stay out til?"

"Whenever. It doesn't matter."

"Ok, good. Cause I wanna show you something," he said as he started the car.

We drove for about an hour. Pete parked the car on a dirt road that went up into the woods. "Um, this looks like the beginning of a bad horror movie. Are you going to kill me?" I said whimpering.

Pete laughed and grabbed my hand, "If you cooperate I'll kill you fast."

I smiled and let him lead me up the hill and into the woods. We walked for about a half hour. I smiled when I saw why Pete had brought me here. It was a small opening in the woods, it was on top of the hill and you could see the whole sky. It over looked the towns below. The sky was beginning to turn red and orange, it looked beautiful. We sat down and let our legs hang over the edge of the hill.

"Oh my god, Pete. It's so pretty," I said smiling.

"My dad used to bring me, my brother, and my sister here to watch the sunset. I figured it'd look just as pretty during the sunrise," he said.

I leaned my head on his shoudler and watched the sunrise from behind the town. At this moment, it felt as if nothing was wrong.