Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Come and Rest Your Bones With Me

(Jenna's POV)

I spent the whole day with my mom shopping and laughing. She seemed genuinely happy. The past fews months had been hard for her and I finally understood. She explained that when I stayed in New York, my father started to work more and spend less time at home. My mother was lonely and alone. I felt guilty, but she had reassured me that it was not my fault. My father had been very distant. I didn't want to tell her that I thought he was cheating on her. I didn't want to break her heart, especially if my accusations were totally false.

When we got back home, my mother went upstairs to take a nap and I went to my bedroom to put away my new clothes. I grabbed my phone from my purse and laid it on my bed side table.

I had called Travis earlier and he still hadn't called me back. I missed him, a ton. I missed having someone that I loved with me.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number, again. Still, no answer. I sighed and decided to call my father. The phone rang twice before he answered.

"Hello?" His voice sounded hoarse.
"Where are you?" I asked him.
"I'm...uh, at work," he said.
"It's Saturday."
"I'm really busy," he said annoyed.
"Whatever. Are you actually going to come home? I've been home for a week and a half, and I've seen you like once."
"Well, If I have time," he said slowly.
"Um, ok. Well if you have time I'd love to see my only father," I said before hanging up.
"What an asshole," I said aloud to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are wonderful