Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Oh! Gravity

(Jenna's POV)

I got into my car and pulled out of Pete's driveway. I felt like the biggest idiot. Pete had just told me he loved me and I kept walking like I didn't hear him. Did he mean it or did he just feel obligated to say it cause we had done "IT"?

A little while later I pulled into my driveway and walked up the stairs into my house. The hallways were filled with boxes of stuff. I maneuvered my way around the boxes and into the kitchen. My mother was packing dishes, glasses, and silverware.

"Hey mom," I said sitting down at the bar.

"Hi honey," she said not turning around.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking around.

"We're going back to New York in a week. I'm going to be living with you," she said as she continued packing.

My jaw literally dropped, "We're leaving in a week? But.. I was supposed to go back in two weeks."

She turned around and sighed, "Well your father wants me out of this house by the end of the week, so we're going back to New York."

I nodded and dropped my head, "So, are we driving back next week?"

"Yes, so you should probably have your things packed," she said.

I nodded as a single tear fell from my eye. This had been my home too and I was going to have to bring everything back to New York.

I ran up the stairs and into my room. My room was already filled with empty boxes. I started throwing things into the boxes. I only had a week to pack up my home and talk to Pete about everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?