Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

I'm Just A Fool For You

(Jenna's POV)

Three hours later I had finished shoving all my belongings into boxes. I sighed and sat back against the wall. I was exhausted and needed a shower. I grabbed my phone off the bed. I had two missed calls. The calls were from Gabby and Lexy. I groaned, still nothing from Travis.

I dialed Gabby's number and waited until I heard her voice through the phone.

"Jenna!" She said happily.

"Hey Gabb," I said smiling.

"How are you babe? You didn't sound too good on the voicemail you left me," she said.

"Well it's a very long story, " I said as I brought my knees up to my chest.

"Well I have all the time in the world for you. So start from the beginning and don't leave anything out." I smiled, she was seriously the best.

I started at the last time I talked to Travis and ended with my mother telling me I had to pack all my belongings and get ready to go back to New York.

"Wow," she said surprised, "I'm so sorry, I haven't really been there for you. I didn't know so much was going on."

"Don't worry about it, Gabb. You shouldn't have to worry about my fucked life while you're on vacation. But I seriously need your help with the whole Pete and Travis thing," I said stifling a laugh.

"Oh man, the whole love triangle. Hmm.. well. I think you should just wait til you get back to New York before you talk to Travis about anything."

"Well, I'm going to have to wait to talk to him. He either doesn't have his phone on or he doesn't answer my phone calls," I said as I picked at a loose thread on my shorts.

She sighed, "He's an idiot. But the thing with Pete, you have to talk to him before you leave."

"I know, I know. But do I break it off with Pete or Travis?" I said rubbing my forehead.

"I can't make the decision for you, Jenna. You either have Pete, Travis, or neither. What told you to hook up with Pete? Did you do it because you were lonely without Travis or did you do it because you actually really like Pete?"

I groaned, "I seriously have no idea, Gabb. That's the problem. There's something I like about both of them. I really like Pete, he made me so happy this summer. And Travis, he made my summer miserable. But, at home in New York he was amazing. I don't know."

"You just need to talk to them, Jenna," she said reassuringly.

"You're right. But, I have to go. Thanks so much. Love you, Gabb."

"Bye, Jenna. Love you too. Call me if you need to talk," she said hanging up.

I put my phone back down on the bed and ran into the bathroom. I was going to talk to Pete about everything. I wanted to see what he thought of us, where we stood.

I threw my dirty clothes onto the floor and jumped into the shower. I showered quickly, then grabbed a purple T-shirt dress and pulled it on. I let my hair dry naturally into beachy waves and did my makeup.

I pulled on my flats and grabbed my keys before making my way out the door. A little while later, I pulled into Pete's driveway. I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. I got out of the car and ran up the stairs to Pete's door. Before I knocked, Pete opened the door.

He looked surprised, but smiled. "Hey, I wasn't expecting you."

"Shit, I should have called. Sorry," I said fidgeting with my keys.

"Don't worry about it. So, what's up?" He said motioning for me to sit down next to him on the stairs.

"Well, I wanted to talk.. about last night," I said.

He scratched his head, "Yeah, about that. I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..."

I shook my head, "No, don't be sorry. I-I wanted to.." He looked over at me and smiled nervously. "I came to say, I'm leaving in a week. I have to go back to New York with my mom. And I wanted to know... where does that like.. leave us?"

He shrugged, "I don't really know Jenna. I mean I really like you. But you're with Travis. And maybe what we did was a mistake. I don't really know how you feel about me.. but I know that I really like you. When you get back to New York are you going to go right back to Travis or are you going to break up with him?"

I bit down on my lip, "I don't know Pete. I love you... and Travis. I can't just break up with him, I still have feelings for him. Maybe I should just go back to New York and decide when I get back."

He nodded and looked down at his sneakers, "And if you decide to stay with Travis. What's going to happen to us?"

"Well, we'll be friends. That's it. And we'll pretend what we did never happened," I said.

He looked at me with sad and tired eyes, "I can't pretend it never happened, Jenna."

I sighed as tears started to fall, "Well, I don't know what to tell you Pete. No matter what I do someone is going to get hurt." He pulled me into his arms and kissed my neck.

"Don't cry, baby, you know I hate seeing you cry. Do what makes you happy. Don't worry about me or Travis's feelings." I nodded my head and continued crying. "I love you so much," he whispered into my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are wonderful :)