‹ Prequel: All It Takes

What It Takes

The Sexy Side

Madison

As soon as he left, I ran after him. He took off in the car though, so I was stranded. I bit my lip and noticed a cab. A young couple was waiting for it, but I jumped them. I gave the driver my address and told him to hurry. After what seemed like hours of endless fidgeting and complete mental torture, the driver pulled into the driveway.

I paid him quickly and ran up to the house. The door was unlocked so I pushed it open. I dropped my coat to the floor and slammed the door shut, making a loud sound. It was quiet but I knew he was here, since the car was out front.

“Peyton!” I yelled to the seemingly empty house. There was no reply so I ran around the bottom floor looking for him. I couldn’t find him so I went to the stairs. “Peyt?” I said loudly, looking in the bedroom. I heard a sigh from the bathroom and went to look. “Baby?” I asked quietly seeing him leaning against the bath tub.

He wasn’t crying or even sad, he looked pissed. He sprang up and grabbed my arms tightly. “How long did you know?” he asked through gritted teeth, his eyes narrowed at me. I was taken aback and scared; I never saw him like this before.

“Chuck told me in the car on the way to the mall that one day. Peyt, you’re hurting me,” I said in a voice not quite my own. I was scared; I knew this wasn’t Peyton though. His anger didn’t fade and he pushed me out of the bathroom and into the bedroom keeping his hold on my arms.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he spat venomously at me. I looked down at my feet and back up at him. “I thought she should tell you. It wasn’t my news to tell. Peyton, please, you’re scaring me.” He rolled his eyes. “You’re so stupid. What if she killed herself because of this?” he yelled and I let tears prick my eyes and overflow onto my cheeks.

“Please, stop,” I whispered weakly. “What if I never got a chance to forgive her? Would you have told me if she had died?” he yelled. I screamed out and he pushed me down onto the bed. He simply glared down at me. “You disgust me,” he said quietly.
The words cut me like a knife. He left the room and I curled into a ball crying. I heard the TV blaring downstairs, but I didn’t do anything. After a while I stopped crying and just lay there, staring. He had every right to be angry. I should’ve told him or pushed to have him told. I didn’t even consider his feelings.

Eventually, the sound from downstairs stopped and I froze, even though I hadn’t been moving. He was coming up the stairs slowly. I wasn’t afraid of him, but I didn’t want him to yell anymore. The door creaked open and when I looked up, I thought he was mad so I cried a little bit more. I wanted to curse myself for being so sensitive.

“Madison, I’m so sorry,” he said, moving quickly to me and sitting on the bed. I just cried pathetically. “Did I hurt you?” he asked, and I shook my head. “N-no. You just scared me a little bit,” I said, sitting up and wiping my eyes. “I was just so angry,” he said, “It was irrational and out of nowhere. I’m so sorry.” I smiled weakly and scooted over to him. He pulled me into his lap and sat with me, cradling me into his chest and humming.

I breathed in and out deeply. “What’re you humming?” I asked, and he looked down at me. “Golden,” he replied and I knit my eyebrows together. “Fall Out Boy,” he breathed and I nodded. “I’m sorry Peyt. I really am,” I said and he shook his head. “No, it was really shitty of me to keep that from you.”

He brushed his hair out of his eyes and blinked. “It was not shitty.” I smiled and leaned up to kiss his jaw gently. He smiled lightly. I sat up and smirked, straddling him. His eyes grew slightly wider, surprised by this sudden, new position. He looks excited and eager and I know I sure as hell am because I have something important to tell him. But first, comes the kiss.

I leaned in and pushed my lips to his gently. His hands held my hips gently, ghosting over the top of my jeans. “Peyt, baby,” I whispered over his lips, pressing another kiss to his lips. “I love you,” I said, and he looked at me, shocked and happy. He kisses me, differently this time, more passionate. “I love you too Madi. So much.” He kissed me again, gently before pulling back and just watching me.

It wasn’t like I never said it to him before. Circumstances really did change though so I guess it was a pretty big deal. I didn’t have much time to think about it because I was flipped onto my back with Peyton on top of me, hovering. He smirked down at me as my hand found it’s way to the back of his neck, pulling him down to kiss me.

His tongue traced my bottom lip and I died a little bit. It had been a long time since I did this with him. I caved easily though and opened my lips a fraction of an inch. His tongue gently rubbed against mine and it felt so, familiar. He pulled away breathlessly, grinning down at me. I smirked slightly and flipped us over, his skinny frame unsurprisingly easy to move.

I kissed the side of his mouth, trailing down his jaw and kissing his neck, butterfly kisses. He moaned gently and I went back to his lips, kissing him, and applying more pressure. I sank my hips down into his, causing him to jump slightly. He nibbled slightly on my bottom lip and I moaned, fluttering my eyes shut.

“You’re so gorgeous,” he breathed, and I kissed him. It happened pretty fast, my back hitting the pillows again. “I’m finding myself in a compromising position,” I whispered and he chuckled. He planted kisses all over my neck, gently nibbling at the skin. It was great, and hot and I…was pretty sure there was a hard-on happening. Now what? Sure, I loved Peyton and everything but I was not doing it with him. At least not now or, well I don’t know when and this is weird. Really, awkward and weird.

I guess he kind of realized the weirdness and he groaned. “Sorry,” he said, rolling off me, and breathlessly staring at the ceiling. “It’s okay,” I said, and he nodded. I snuggled into his side, and let my head rest on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and I breathed out doodling on his chest with my finger. “I can’t believe it,” he said and I glanced up at him. “What?” I asked, playing dumb.

“Jen and Dave. Who would’ve guessed,” he said, laughing.

I snorted, slightly surprised, but going along with it. “Dave has a long road ahead of him though. Trust me,” I said, fluttering my eyes shut. I was really tired. “Do you wanna take a nap?” he asked and I nodded, shifting my body off of him. I crawled under the covers next to him and wrapped my arm back around him. Bear came in and sniffed around the room. He laid down next to the bed in a huff.

“I love you,” Peyton whispered. I smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm?
what now? that four letter l-word popped up. serious.

comment about this. tell me what you think.
buuuut, keep in mind, just because she loves him, doesn't mean she changed her mind. someone will understand this.