Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

Am I Hearing Right?

Rexy and I ran over to the circle of people watching the two people fighting, or should I say the bigger one shoving the littler one, in the center.

"Brad! Question: You wanna die today?" I said grabbed the back of his shirt and shoving him away from the poor freshmen.

"This ins't ANY of your business bitch!" He snarled wrenching himself from my grip. "Fuck off!" I rolled my eyes and looked from him to the freshmen. Oh good god. Its like looking at a mini Brad, he must be his brother. He was sprawled on the floor, lip bleeding, glaring defiantly at his brother who was snarling in anger. I was one of the in peopler the center with them of the circling students. What was this kid doing here anyways? He definitely wasn't in our class. Rexy pushed past the crowd and helped the kid up.

"Brad CHILL your ass out!" I snapped, shoving him backwards as he made a lunge for his brother.

"Shut up! No one asked you!" He shouted, storming out of the gym. Jackass.

"Where the heck is Keiler when you need him?" I mumbled, putting the kids arm over my shoulder and heaving him up and toward the stands, Rexy helped me set him down on the bleachers. "You okay kid?"

"Fine." He said monotonously. "Don't worry about it."

"What's your name?" Rexy asked gently.

"Dan." He said looking severely depressed.

"Dan. Okay, Dan, we better get you out of here before Keiler comes back and kills us all." I said helping him up.

"Thanks, let me guess you're Rosch, right?" He smiled crookedly, half because its seemed hereditary with the Thomas's, Brad grins like that at me everytime Matt picks on me the son of a bitch(That's their last name oddly enough... I only found that out like three days ago.), half because his bottom lip was swollen.

"Am I that infamous?" I grinned.

"Bekka complains about you all the time." He rolled his eyes, one of which was beginning to purple. "She's at our house all the time, so yeah."

"Two and two?" Rexy said, inspecting said eye.

"Something like that, thanks." He said, walking away from us down the hall. Poor kid. I feel so bad for him. Brad is such a prick.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING OVER THERE?! GET TO YOUR LAPS RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" A screech made us jump around. Keiler's back just in time to get us into trouble. Aw damnit.

Today's the last day of school. Today is also the day I get my revenge. One of them anyway. One of many. Bwahahahahahahahaha! The four of us, that is Nathan, Mace, Rexy, and I were staring up at our masterpiece. at the beginning of the entrance hall, it was covering the picture of the school mascot Kenzo the West Wood Wolf. I was grinning. It was really early, but school was starting soon. I just wanted to be there to see everyones faces when they see it. Because it will be magical. Oh yeeesss it will. Matt will never make the same mistake again. You can guarantee that. I'm quite proud of my work. Honestly this is in the top five of revenges I've ever done. Along with the lemon meringue pie trap and that one I did with Johnny back in Texas. That was funny.

What did you do?

There was this total Bitch picking on Kaitlyn and we subtly stuck a pad on her ass.

Nice.

She walked around all day and no one told her about it.

You are cruel.

Best part is we put ketchup on it.

You didn't!

Yeah. She cried.

You are horrible.

I know. But that's what you get when you mess with my family.

"Oh my God!" Came a squeal from behind me. Several people were laughing as they drew level with us, while we wore identical smirks.

"Is that Matt?" A guy roared over the laughter. More and more people were showing and shouts of glee drowned out any possible conversation.

"Dude, BURN!" Aaron grinned elbowing a stunned, not amused, Matt in the stomach. I love Aaron. He appreciates good art. Before me was a collage of THE MOST embarrassing childhood photographs Mikey and I could find. Him on the toilet, him with chicken pocks in tighty whiteys, him at his sixth birthday part wearing a pink tiara. Aw he was such a girly little boy. And of course my personal favorite. Him stark naked, running away from him mom in his backyard. Ahh good times. Good times.

"What the hell is this?" Matt said and to my extreme disappointment his didn't sound livid. Or even a little annoyed. He sounded impressed? How psycho is THAT?!

"Excuse me! Move out of my way young man! Right now!" Oh Lassie's here to admire my work too! He observed it then lifted the right edge of it to peer at the back. He nodded grimly and muttered, "Thought so," He lifted it up more for everyone to see. "Can you explain this Miss Rosch?" He pointed at my signature. Damn, I keep forgetting about that.

"It was me," I flipped to stare shocked at Matt IT WAS WHAT!? "I was trying to frame her, but I've learned the errors of my ways." He wasn't even looking at Lasseder, he was looking straight into my eyes. What the fuck is going on here?

"Come with my Mister Silent. Miss Rosch I want to see you after class." He beckoned for Matt, who was grinning at me and just before he turned away to follow the Principal he... winked at me. I'm... afraid... Something is so not right here. He's plotting something and I want to know what it is. He paused, and turned slightly and mouth three words. 'You owe me'. LIKE HELL I DO.

He kind of just saved your ass.

I don't give a shit. He was an asshole, and he deserves everything I dish out no matter what.

Addy...

Didn't we already have this same exact conversation?

Yes.

Then shut up I say.

Okay. But you're being stupid.

Okay. But you need a life.

Okay.

Okay. I want some hot cocoa really bad.

CHHHHRRRRIIISSSSTMAAAASSSS BREAK! YESSSSS... No school, no school, lalalalalala. Hahaha. That's actually my favorite Christmas tradition. Along with my dads gingerbread and nutmeg cookies, and singing the Grinch song all day long, and Christmas lights, and turkey sandwiches, and apple pie, and presents, and the Christmas tree, and decorations, going to see the lights with my dad, stocking exchanges. Who am I kidding I freaking love Christmas. I love everything about it. Especially the no school part. That is definitely the best part, especially this year. And you know why? No painting, no detention, no tutoring sessions, which I skipped anyways, and definitely no jackassy arrogant bastards aka Spawn of Satan by the name of Matt Silent. Life. Is. Excellent. And now. I plot a better revenge. 'Cause my other awesome idea didn't work. Maybe I should try a ketchuped pad on him. That should be very interesting. No. I'm going to try something no one's ever tried before. Something only heard of in legend. Johnny and I came up with it last June, only to be used as a very last resort. Punishment. The only problem is I can't pull it off without Johnny's permission, and to get Johnny's permission I need to tell him exactly why I have to use it, and as much I hate Matt right now I don't want Johnny to kill him. Because if I even mention a boy and sex in the same sentence somebody always gets hurt. Take the guy who ended up in the hospital because he slapped my ass at the mall. Johnny's been to juvie more than once. Until he turned eighteen, then I started hiding things from him. Prison. Yeah. Probably not a good thing.

"ADDY! Christmas tree shopping! Coming or not?" My dad called from the living room. I chugged the rest of my eggnog and grabbed my jacket.

"Shotgun!" I screamed running out the door. December 17th. The best Monday ever. No school, no Matt, and nearing Christmas. Even Garfield couldn't complain.

"I already called it!" Mikey giggled jumping from behind the car scaring the crap out of me.

"Nuh-uh no fair!" I pouted, but jumped over to hug her tightly. Just because her brother's a moron doesn't mean she's not super cute.

"Get in the car." Said an annoyingly familiar voice. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN MY CAR?!

Technically its your Dad's car.

Shut up you.

Matt was grinning through the rolled down window, while I glared at him. Not noticing Mikey jumping into the passenger seat. DAMNIT. I stood my ground and called for my dad. "Explain." I snapped.

"I can fit two decent sized trees up there," I rolled my eyes, he always says that, yet we always end up with one dinky little Charlie Brown tree 'cause its got character, "And Kate doesn't have a big enough car to get a tree so I volunteered ours. Mikey and Matt are coming with us to look for the right one!" Dad said enthusiatically. He loved Christmas as much as I do. Problem: Matt. Me. Backseat. Not good.

"Are you coming or not?" Dinky tree. Matt. Dinky tree. Matt. Dinky tree. Its not that I hate the dinky tree, but there really isn't much to decorate than Dad'll want to go get anothing, and get another dinky tree and then that starts that whole decorating thing again...

Sounds to me like you're just trying to justify hanging out with Matt.

Yes well you're wrong, so shut up. Grumbling and glaring I hopped in the other window seat and scooted myself as far away from him as I could. You know, I should think of this as an opportunity, a perfect opportunity to hit him over the head with a tree branch. A very. Large. Tree branch. Is it hot in this car? I think its hot in this car. I rolled down the window about half way and inhaled the fresh crisp air. God bless fresh air,--

"Shut the window I'm cold." Matt said. I smirked over at him and rolled down the window all the way.

"Sorry did you say you were cold?" I grinned, "My bad." But I didn't roll up the window. He leaned over, his breath warm on my lips and he pressed the button and smirked at me.

"That's cool." He said leaning back over. I think I need to open the window again, 'cause its SERIOUSLY hot in here.

In more ways than one.

What's that supposed to mean?

Do you realize how CLOSE you're lips were?

Umm... No?

Liar. I can read your inner desires. Yooouuu wanted to kiiiiisss hiiiiiim! HAH.

Whatever. I so did not you liar.

You so did.

Did not.

Did too.

Did not.

Did too.

Did not!

Did too!

DID NOT!

DID TOO!

I'm not going to argue about this because I'M right!

Technically I'm part of you. That makes ME YOU.

... I--... well--... That's not--... I really don't know how to respond to that...

I know.

Hmm... Alright.

Alright.[i/]

Truce?

Truce.

Cool.

"We're here!" My dad can squeal like such a girl. I hopped out of the car and into the tree lot and walked away from the group to inspect the trees. Might as well pick out the best two trees as quickly as possible. Ooh, and that branch. Branch comes first. A nice big one. Maybe I can knock him unconscious. That would just make my day!

"Quarter for your thoughts," Awh damnit I haven't found the stick yet.

"I thought the phrase was 'a penny for your thoughts'?" I snapped.

"I thought I might up the bribe, then you might actually speak to me," He said sarcastically, "What a novelty."

"Don't act like it was so undeserved, mister." I said pointing an accusing finger at him. "And don't think that once I find a stick big enough I'm not going to shove it someplace unpleasant."

"Oooh, harsh words for such a little thing," He said mussing up my hair. OH NO HE DID NOT! I grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back.

"Unfortunately for you, Johnny's taught me a few tricks." I growled, shoving him away from me. WHERE IS A STICK WHEN YOU NEED ONE, DAMNIT?!

"Addy! Matt! I found a tree!" Dad grinned holding up a dead wimpy looking dinky tree.

"Oh. Oh no, Dad, no. Not gonna happen."

"But its got--"

"Character, yes we know Dad, take it away," I motioned him to move along with my hands. Tree first, beat up Matt later.

How about tree first, make out with Matt later?

OR. How about tree first, beat up Matt next, purge my subconscious later.

OR. Tree first, and undress Matt with our eyes?

No.

But why nooooot? He's so hot!

Because I said so. That's why.

But-- But--

No.

Plllleeeease...

NO.

But he's so yummy...

... No.

You almost said yes!

Did not!

Did too!

Did NOT!

Did too!

Now don't start this again! I glanced around, completely ignoring Matt, who was following me, and stopped at two decent, beautiful blue furs and smiled.

"DAD!" I shouted. "These two are perfect!" I grinned pointing to them.

"Alright." He said, going over to speak to the teller.

"Ya know Blondie," I rolled my eyes at Matt, "I was thinking about the Packers Bears game next Sunday." He grinned.

"If you think the Bears are going to beat us again, think again." I growled.

"Then you should have no problem making a little wager."

"What kind of wager?" I asked, unamused.

"If you win you think of something and if I win, all you have to do is a tiny little favor." He smirked.

"A favor? What is with you lately and favors? What are you cooking up?" I said suspiciously.

"You'll find out soon enough, but you shouldn't have to worry about it if the Packers win,--"

"Which they will." I cut in.

"Maybe." He continued to smirk with some horrible hidden malicious something. What is he hiding? Hmm...

"You're keeping something from me and I will find out what it is." I warned him.

"Before or after you shove a stick somewhere unpleasant?" He grinned.

"Possibly during." I rolled my eyes.

"Oooh fiesty." I shoved him into a tree and left him to pick the needles from his clothes. Bastard.

"That was so not cool" He growled, catching up and peeling needles off of himself.

"Seriously, are you gay?" I questioned jumping into the shotgun. I win.

"Keep saying that, I dare yah." He smirked. Oh yeah, what're you gonna do about? I'd love to see you try anything.

... I bet you would...

And just WHAT is that supposed to mean?

Nothing, nothing.

OH LIAR. LIAR, LIAR, LIAR. BUT. I am going to let it go, because I just don't care.

My Christmas has been saved, sort of!! After picking out the tree, there have been no more Matt incounters, none at all. We made cookies, no Matt. We made gingerbread houses, no Matt. We decorated the house, no Matt. We sang Christmas carols, no Matt. Life is good. No, strike that, life is EXCELLENT. Hahahahahaaaaa... I inhaled the fresh Christmas morning air and jumped out of bed, glancing at the clock. 9:17. Not even Christmas can turf me out of bed before nine if there's no school. But the appeal of presents was too much to ignore, I grabbed a plain black pullover and shoved it over my head and raced down the stairs, reveling in the smell of fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Yummy... I smiled up at my dad and munched on my cinnamon roll the size of both my fists together.

"This is delicious dad!" I exclaimed, washing down my last giant bite with orange juice. "Can we open our presents now?" I whined with puppy eyes.

"Yes." He grinned walking behind me as I skipped into the living room to the tree in the corner and tossed dad his presents and ripped open my own. Every Avenue cd, from Rexy, a gift card to Zumiez, from Mace, a Kit Kat Skelanimals stuffed animal, from Nathan, Christmas money from my Grandparents, and some other cds and things. I got a sweet gift card for itunes from my dad, too. The only thing that could have made this day better is if we had beaten the Bears. But damnit we didn't. At least I didn't have to face him that day. I might have cried. Seriously. Its bad enough he's coming over to gloat. Damn Christmas greetings. I wish I could have had Johnny here, but he has to spend time with his own family sometime I suppose. DIIIING DOOONNG!! SON OF A BITCH!

"Dad we need a new doorbell." I gasped, clutching my chest and glancing out the window. Speak of Satan, there he is. Son of a bitch in the flesh. "Don't open the door, dad, maybe they'll go away."

"Don't be silly Addy." He said opening the door. Awh, damnit can't he ever listen to me? Matt, Mikey, and Kate filed into the living room wishing 'Merry Christmas,' to my dad, and the girls hugged me, and Matt grinned and I glared.

"See the game?" He asked conversationally as my dad led his mom and Mikey into the kitchen for cookies.

"Fuck you." I snarled.

"When and where, Blondie?" That comment earned him and knee to the groin and a shove to the floor.

"Don't ever talk to me like that," I spat hatefully.

"And here I was just trying to have a polite conversation with you," he groaned, lifting himself and collapsing on the couch.

"Please." I snapped, hands on my hips. "We both know that you're after something else so just spill it."

"Like what?" He said innocently.

"Don't play coy." I growled.

"I got you a present." He grinned.

"Pardon?"

"I. Got. You. A. Present." He annunciated.

"Liar." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine don't believe me, 'cause you can't have it yet anyways, but you wanna know what I want for my favors?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I knew it." I moaned, plopping down on the lazy chair. "Why should I do anything for you after what you did?"

"'Cause you don't have a choice. You got three favors and we went to Lincoln, all I want is something for my three favors."

"And what is that?"

"I want you to be my date."

"Wha-- I-- You want me to what now?" I spluttered wide-eyed. Am I hearing right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Any of my original readers still here?