Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

I Hate The Male Species.

Aaron, the woman I assume is his mother, perhaps that other guy is his father and Matt's father. As I recall he doesn't like me very much. Oooh. I get it. It wasn't just that I can dance, oh no, I'm only here to stick it to the man... son of a bitch...

Oh come on! You stick it to the man all the time!

Not when the man is his father and not when I'm being used. Which is obviously the case. I don't like being used.

I don't think anybody likes being used.

Then you should understand.

I kicked Matt from under the table and glared at him. "What?" He mouthed angrily, as I continued to glare at him, "You are in so much trouble," I mouthed back, "What I do this time," He mouthed, looking as though he was rubbing his bruised leg. I glared harder. He stuck his tongue, I kicked him again, this time getting his hand too. "Fuck!" He cursed silently, bringing up a limp hand and massaging it, glaring over at me. I finished my crêpes with a scowl, Kate began talking about my hair again.

Please don't kill someone.

Why not?

I know you are particularly attatched to your hair but--

Then why don't you invade Kate's mind and tell either to shut up about my hair.

Oooh, someone's being testy.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Only if you've got a really dirty mind.

Hahaha. That's funny. The voice in my head is asking me if I have a dirty mind. That's funny.

Sarcasm?

Yeah.

Thought so.

... Now would be a great time for Rexy to call with an emergency...

Addy! You can just ditch this dinner.

Its BORING! And I'm bored.. And this stupid talk about that stupid party is driving me crazy.

What makes you think that your... er... our dad's even going to let.. us... leave?

Umm... 'Cause he loves me and I'll tell him its and emergency. He's a sucker for friends in trouble.

You're forgetting something.

And whats that?

How is Rexy supposed to call you with an emergency IF THERE IS NO EMERGENCY.

Oh yeah...

Plus: What are the chances she calls you with an emergency right here, right now. Slim to--

RIIIIINNNG!! WOW. That is AMAZING. That's Rexy's ringtone. How did you call that?

No idea.

I answered my phone with a, "Yellow?"

"Purple." Rexy answered. "Hey can you come over... er.. now? I-its kind of an.. emergency."

Wow.

Seriously.

WHAT are the ODDS.

Slim to none?

So uh... Wow.

Seriously.

I don't know how that happened. We must be psychic.

Seriously.

"Sure. We're at the La Mundiure, can you come pick me up?" I said making my face look extremely serious and grave.

"Yeah," She said and we hung up.

"Dad, Rexy needs me, she said its an emergency." I said with a grim face. That's right dad, lap it up.

"You need a ride?" He said concerned.

"She's coming to get me." I stood and kissed him on the cheek, waving goodbye to everybody and leaving the restaurant. Damn its cold outside, oh please don't rain. please don't rain, please don't rain. Did I ever mention I hate the rain? Because I really do. Really really. Please, please, PLEASE, don't rain. I felt drops on my face. DAMNIT.

We must be psychic.

Seriously. I put my jackets hood up and glared at the dark gray sky as it pelted rain down on me. Mother fu--

"ADDY!" Rexy called from the car. Thank god, I'm soaked. I hopped in the passenger seat, shivering and wet and reached over to turn up Rexy's heater.

"Y-y-y-y-ou s-s-s-ser-r-r-riously... nee--eee-ee--eeed-d-d-d a n-new he-he-heat-er-er... or a n-n-new c-c-car." I stared at the Oldsmobile emblem.

"Hey! Be nice to Hi-Ho Silver." She laughed.

"I-i-i-is that a Lone Ranger r-r-r-reference?" I rubbed my arms.

"Yeah, there's a blanket in the back seat." Rexy said as she stopped at a red light.

"Th-thank god..." I mumbled, reaching back and wrapping myself in its warm snuggliness. "So what's the big emergency, Apple Dumplin'?"

"I'll tell you in a sec Chocolate Cake." She said biting her lip, oohp. She's nervous. This must be big. I waited in silence, the stupid radio is broken, waiting for Rexy to say something...

"So um... awkward." I mumbled. "This wouldn't be about the ever delicious Macen now would it?" I suggested with a lopsided grin.

"Why are you so impatient?" She sent me a playful glare. "... So what if its about Mace..." Rexy mumbled turning into her driveway.

"You oughta know Rexy, I am not a boy expert. I can't even stratch the surface baby doll. The only boy I can figure out is my manwhore cousin." I snorted.

"I know, I know... I know how anti-male you are right now too. Nathan told me what happened." She raised her eyebrows at me as we exited the car and walked up to the house.

"I thought this was about your emergency with boys, not mine." I growled.

"Uh-huh." She grinned, just a litte skeptical.

"What is the emer--gen--cy..." I sighed. Nathan looking like a pitiful puppy staring with bambi eyes over at me from his bedroom doorway. "I swear if you pulled this, I will kill you." I joked with Rexy.

"This isn't the emergency if you're wondering. But you might want to-- er... work with-- that, while I go--you know... the... emergency." Go? Go where? Oh dear lord. That cannot be good. I walked over and hugged Nathan.

"Don't worry, I forgive you. Matt's a manipulative jerk, I just want to know why." I said giving him an extra squeeze. Anything to get that sad look off his face.

"Matt was a, how should I put this... business partner of mine back when he was a freshmen and I was a sophmore. We pulled a prank on the senior class, he kept us from getting caught, I returned the favor by bringing you to him. I swear I didn't know what he was up to. But you're always mad at him so I didn't think--" He rambled before I held up my hand.

"You're forgiven. At least for now as long as you promise no solo pranks until I say so." I said sternly.

"But-- but why?" He said pathetically.

"But I'm going to need you at your best, without any distractions, if-- we're going to pull off the biggest revenge this school has ever seen. You in?" I smirked.

"You bet your ass I'm in." He grinned back at me. Rexy came tumbling down the hall and yanked my back to her room and slammed and locked her door.

"What is the deal." I said with an amazed smile, Rexy stayed silent and paced the room biting her thumbnail.

"I um... I think I may be in love with Mace..." She said in a hurried whisper.

"So?"

"So! That's it?" She stared at me with wide eyes.

"What else is there to say?" I laughed, "We've known that for.. ever." I said.

"We as in who?"

"Me and Nathan. We've been trying to get you two to admit your feelings for a while now." I shrugged. "Why is this an emergency?"

"I don't know if Mace feels them same..." She paused and looked up with a guilty smile staring pointedly at me.

"So you want me to find out? What is this 8th grade?" I shook my head incredulously.

"PLEASE!" She begged with the same damn bambi eyes as her brother.

"No, Rexy, no. Personally, I think he's head over heels for you, look at the way he looks at you. But if you feel insecure that's something you have to deal with. Its not something I can just fix for you. Not that I would even know how." I said gently. "I think you're worrying over nothing. But if its any consolation, you got me out of an awkward situation." I hugged her. "Would you like to help plan the greatest revenge anyone's ever seen, ever?"

"And what would that be?" She raised an amused eyebrow.

"Oh you'll see. But first, I have to make a phone call." This should be interesting.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god. My dad is going to kill me! I am SO so so late! I'm dead. I'm dead! That's it! Finito! The end, I'm a dead man walking! I tossed the blanket that tried to strangle me and lept from the pile of pillows and blankets on Rexy's floor, which I had been sleeping on. It's nearly eleven. I'm dead. I was supposed to be home, and if DAD doesn't kill me KATE will. I hit Rexy over the head with a pillow.

"Rexy wake up! I'm late! Can I borrow some clothes?" I said shaking her, trying to jog her from her drowsiness.

"You could--" She yawned rubbing her eyes and sitting up in her bed. "But you forget I'm taller than you. Probably won't fit. I may have a skirt.." Her voice was muffled, I turned back to her.

"Don't fall asleep stupid! You have to take me home remember?" I pulled the pillow from under her head and smacked her with it.

"Make Nathan do it..." She moaned. Hah. She thinks she's tired? She went to bed at two, Nathan and Mace kept me up until four. I called Mace over to help with the plan. After Rexy went to bed the boys challenged me to a Halo game. Now I don't particularly like Halo. At all. But I never back down from a challenge and I hate to lose. The problem therefore is that I really really sucked at the game. It then therefore took me two hours to scrap a win and immediately quit after that. I rolled my eyes at her, I can't dawdle anymore. I ransacked her closet. Regreting the gray skirt I pulled out, with a mumbled, "How am I supposed to say warm?", and a black wool pullover.

"This is crazy Rexy, I'm going to freeze." I moaned. "Rexy? REXY!" I snapped chucking one of her skelaminals at her.

"Wha-ha-haaattt..." She groaned sitting up, "I'm sleepy..."

"I went to sleep two hours after you, okay? Don't tell me about sleepy. I NEED JEANS." I growled tugging at the skirt.

"You look fantastic. For once." She mumbled.

"I heard that." I snapped.

"Go. Begone. You're late already, although I really think you should take a shower first, you smell like my brother." Rexy grimaced and shoved me away from her.

"Gee thanks." I rolled my eyes walking out of her room, snatching a ponytail from her dresser and tying my hair up. "NATHAN! I need a ride home! COME HERE RIGHT NOW." I burst into his room and backed out quickly screaming and covering my eyes. "GOOD GOD NATHAN! PUT ON SOME CLOTHES DAMNIT!"

"I'd like to point out you are the one barging into my room." He said as I blindly stumbled down the hall trying to purge the image of Nathan's butt from my brain.

I enjoyed it.

OH I BET YOU DID. SHUT UP.

"I've been TRAUMATIZED." I screeched, "I'M BLIND."

"Don't be so over dramatic." Nathan said coming up from behind me.

"Fine, but you need to lock your door." I responded critically, rubbing my neck.

"Its your fault anyway, not knocking, its not polite." He mocked.

"I've just had my eyes nearly burned from my skull and I'M being impolite?" I scoffed. At least he's got clothes on now.

Sadly.

You know what I think?

What's that?

That you are nothing more than my minds physical portraition of my teenage hormones.

That's very calculated of you.

I know.

"Yeah, yeah, you coming? Mm. You smell good." He said shoving me toward the door. Pfft. Yeah.

I raced into the house, waving behind me as I heard the roar of Nathan's car as he drove away. I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, I am SO dead. SO DEAD. I'M TWENTY MINUTES LATE. I AM SO DEAD. I slammed the door behind me and puffed "I-I'm home."

"Finally!" Mikey said hugging me, "Eouh. You may need a shower before we go. You smell like a boy." Oh that is just ridiculous. Seriously, smell like a boy--

"Yeah seriously hunny, you been hanging around Nathan to long." My dad said wrinkling his nose. Oh good god, he doesn't smell that bad-- I cringed as I sniffed my arm. I DO smell like him. Yucky.

"Okay, real fast." I mumbled and charged up the stairs to my bedroom. YAY I don't have to wear Rexy's skirt, lalalalala... HAHAHA. I win. I grabbed some jeans and my own long sleeved red wool pullover and jumped into the shower, inhaling the steam as the hot water rolled across my back. I sighed, realized I had VERY little time and got out and pulled on pullover, jeans, slapped on some quick make-up over my tired face, it was painfully obvious that I'd had a late night and did not get enough sleep. I mean who are those damn TV shows kidding? Who really wakes up looking perfect?

... Definitely not you.

Gee thanks. You realize that TECHNICALLY we are the same being?

..er... Yeah.

Uh-huh. Sure. I slipped on my vans and booked it down stairs with a triumphant cry of, "I'm ready!"

"Well at least you don't smell like boy anymore." Mikey shrugged. HEY. What's that supposed to mean?!

I think it means you look like day after a concert and meeting the really hot band.

You make me sound like a groupie.

Well--

OH DON'T EVEN SAY IT. I am NOT a GROUPIE. SHAME ON YOU.

Fine.

Good. With an inward moan I jumped in the back, OH DAMNIT. WHY IS HE HERE? I buckled my seat and scooted as far from the jackass arrogant bastard as I could.

"I'm not contagious Blondie." He taunted me.

"Bitch." I mumbled.

"Ouch." I could HEAR him smirking. "That's not very nice, Date."

"Don't call me that." I snapped.

"But why not? That's what you are." He grinned.

"Trust me, you keep calling me that and I'll make you regret it." I responded with a tight smile.

"You keep saying that yet nothing ever comes from it, except for well the collage which I admit was impressive but not exactly the apocalypse." He said with raised eyebrows.

"You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. The apocalypse doesn't EVEN cover it." I threatened with a nasty sneer.

"You're not as tough as you think you are, Blondie." He put on his most charming smirk, one clearly portraying 'I've got you figured out, haha,' OH HE'S A DEAD MAN.

"And you don't realize who you've messed with." I shook my head, holding in my anger.

"We're HERE!" Mikey called, the radio up so loud they had been oblivious to our entire conversation. I sighed and got out of the car and walked with Mikey, ignoring Matt who was walking with smugness oozing out of him. Disgusting asshole. I hope he rots. I never really noticed how big the mall is here. Huh. I really wish I'd brought my iPod. Anything to drown out the sound of him BREATHING.

He has to breath.

But I really wish he wouldn't. It would make my life so much better. So. So. So.

He has to breath Addy.

But whahahhhhyyyyy..

Because that's just the way it is...

That's so unfair.

I know...

I hate hhhiiimmm...

No you don't.

Yes I doooooo...

No you don't.

Yes I do.

Nooo.

YES.

If you say so.

Thank you. I want some chocolate cake.

"This is the best place by far to find a nice dress." Kate said leading me into a store called K & H Apparel. Oh boy. Snazzy. This is so not good. I started with wide horrified eyes. Not good not good not good. I'm hungry.

That was random.

I know. But I am. Kate was talking to the er... Assistant lady about the dresses we needed. Mine, Mikey's and Kate's. That's right, me the only one who needs it and everyone's getting them anyways. Stupid.

"Come here Addy," Kate beckoned me forward. Oh damn. I slumped over toward them.

"Green. You were right. She's petite, her bust is average, sizeable hip size,--" So much for self-confidence, "--I think I have a few dresses in mind." She looks constipated.

Addy...

WHAT?! If I have to be.. polite.. on the outside.. I'm going to be a BITCH on the inside. I think I'm allowed. I walked with them as the Assistant lady... Joanne, brought out three green dresses, handed them to me and shoved me toward the dressing room. I sighed and stumped in, ignoring the rumbling hunger in my stomach. I pulled on the first dress, a sleeveless sequency dress that fell to the floor with a slit up the side. NO. I walked out and shook my head violently.

"No. Not gonna happen." I said strongly.

"I like it." Matt smirked. DAMN HIM.

"No, no. I agree with Addy, its a little--" Kate said scrunching up her face.

"Hooker." I finished for her.

"Not what I was going to say, but pretty close. Next." I went in and changed into the next one. It was very fifties, poodle skirt, square cut, dark green with a sparkle design on the front. It was so.. So..

So what?

So... not right. I know it sounds stupid. Maybe I'm just a freakin' crazyhead. I stepped out and made a face.

"Euoh." Mikey and Kate said at the same time. "No."

"Thank you." I said going back into the room, pulling off the dress. The last one I.. liked.

You love it.

No. It was almost like a toga dress that was fitted around my waist and fell in folds to the floor, leaf green. It was very greek. I zipped up the back and stepped out nervously. I liked this one. I bit my lip and shrugged.

"Yes. I like it." Mikey said sounding proffessional. Awh.

"Me too." Kate smiled.

"I think it makes you look like a lizard." Matt said.

"Oh and like the sequence didn't." I scoffed rolling my eyes slipping back into the changing room and changing back into my clothes. Stupid. I'm hungry. I stepped back out and handed the dress to Kate. "Can we get some food?"

"Didn't you have breakfast?" Mikey said as my stomach growled loudly.

"No I was up late and slept in, I'm hungry." I said pathetically.

"You and Matt goto the food court and get something to eat and we'll finish up here." Awh damnit. Eh, I'm too hungry to care.

"Let's go." I grabbed his arm, pulling him toward the exit. FOOOOOD. SO HUNGRY.

"Don't yank so hard." Matt whined.

"Don't walk so slow." I snapped.

"Ow-- Seriously Blondie!"

"Hurry up then! I'm starving." I growled making my way to the Togo's and ordered my food. "You getting something or not." I said to Matt and filled my cup with Dr. Pepper. I munched on my sandwich silently, stuffing a Dorito inbetween bites.

"Wow. It's like watching a hippopotimus inhaling its food." Matt said with a cocky grin.

"Fuck you." I said after I swallowed my last bite and took a drink of my soda.

"That's attractive." He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, whatever. You do whatever, I'm going to kill time." I stood and walked away from him.

"Hold up!" Matt said running up beside me.

"Why should I?" I spat nastily.

"Oooh, ice queen." He put an arm around my shoulders.

"I thought I was a marshmellow," I rolled my eyes and shoved away his arm

"Yeah, yeah. So where are we headed?" He asked gazing around, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"WE are not headed anywhere. I am headed to the CD store." I said walking into the store and looking around at the CDs. Oooh the After Midnight Project, I pulled it from its fellows and looked at the back.

"You really should make an effort to be more nice to me," Matt said leaning against the shelf and gazing over my shoulder at the CD I was holding. I held back a snort with difficultly and picked up an The Acadamy Is... CD.

"Why are you so mad at me?" He asked seriously. You're kidding right?

"Oh let's think for a moment... You tricked me into being you're date to piss off your dad, now who would be mad about that?" I said sarcastically picking up another CD.

"Do you always hold grudges?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes." I answered simply. Puting the cds in their respective places and left the CD store and wandered around a bit.

"Now where are you going?" Matt said leaning against my shoulder, and he is making it VERY awkward to walk.

"Why are you following me around?" I questioned, shoving him away from me.

"Why do you care?" He smirked.

"Because you're irritating me." I replied walking up to the Icee booth, bought a large blue raspberry icee and paid the lady behind the counter.

"Mmm.. That for me?" Matt said reaching out to grab my icee but I kept it out of his reach.

"Why won't you just leave me alone! What did I ever do to make you torture me? Leave me ALONE." That's it. I've snapped. I'm done, I'm out of here. A warm, calloused hand wrapped around me wrist and pulled me back toward its owner.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry." Matt said sincerely. Oh something's not right with this.

"What are you up to?" I said tugging my hand away and folding my arms across my chest.

"I apologize and now I'm up to something? That's ridiculous!" He scoffed shaking his head and looking incredilous.

"Oh so I'm really supposed to believe that after all you've put me through, after using me, you care at all, that you even give a damn. That's just a little fishy to me."

"So just being a nice guy is suspicious to you? God no wonder why you have so little friends." He shook his head. Well now he looks mad.

"Don't be so pissy Matt." I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you being so stubborn, Blondie?"

"Why are you being such a girl?"

"You're crazy."

"And you're a jerk what's your point?"

"My point is--"

"There you guys are! What are you doing standing around? Let's go!" Mikey said coming up to us with Kate and handed me my dress in a bag.

"Thanks," I mumbled, "Er... Nathan just called, I'm meeting him at the arcade, thanks for bringing me. It was fun." I smiled brightly, even if it was a bit false.

"You are welcome dear!" Kate hugged me.

"Okay, can't wait for tomorrow." Mikey hugged.

"See you later guys." I smiled again and walked down the length of the Mall. We all know that Nathan didn't call, and I have no ride home and no cell. Well I haven't been running laps for Christmas break, the walk will do me good. I sighed as I stepped out into the dark, cloudy, cold afternoon air. I waited a while before setting off, making sure they had left before I started my way home. Damn I'm cold.

'S your fault for bailing.

It is, and I don't regret my discision. Besides, my house isn't that far from the mall. Closer than the school anyways, and there's no rush.

"Hey there pretty girl!" Oh damn. I hate the male species.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updateeeeeee! :D