Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

Get Tangled Up In Me

My phone buzzed on the floor beside me as I highlighted another bit of notes in my notebook for AP Art History. That was the one class that I didn’t have with Max. It was a class that I needed to take notes for tonight, hence the reason that Max and I had decided to postpone our Valentine’s Day activities and festivities for tomorrow night, when I didn’t need to take notes on various art history shit.

A smile fell upon my lips as my screen lit up with Max’s name. Smirking, I closed my history book and grabbed my phone, flipping it open to pull it to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Wendy, you should come over,” Max told me. I smiled as I heard the excitement in his voice.

“Max, I have homework…”

“Do it in the morning? Please, Wednesday? I have a surprise for you that won’t be any fun if we have to wait until tomorrow for it…” he whined and I smirked as I moved to my feet quietly.

“Alright, alright. I’m on my way over.”

“Yay! Thank you, Wenders! I love you!” I giggled at his obvious happiness of my ditching homework for him. I’d been doing that a lot lately, but I always managed to get it done one way or another.

“I love you too, Max.”

With that, we hung up and I poked my head out of my room to tell my mom good night. It was nine, so it wasn’t like it was strange for me to be going to bed at this time. Yes, I do realize that I’m probably the only teenager on the face of the planet going to bed at nine at night. But whatever.

My mother went along with my going to bed and, as I closed my bedroom door once again, I locked the knob behind me. I’d been doing this lately so that my mom wouldn’t come in when I had snuck out of the house and stuff. She didn’t really mind that I locked her out of my room after I explained that it was more of a “safety” issue instead of doing things that I shouldn’t.

Even though it had nothing to do with safety other than my own hide from my mom.

I sighed as I climbed out of my window, dropping to my feet on the sand below before heading over to Max’s window. He grinned at me as he saw me, opening it quickly for me before helping me scramble in. “You could have used the front door, you know. No one else is home,” he told me as he hugged me. I rolled my eyes.

“And you could have told me that before I started climbing through your window,” I told him as I kissed his cheek. Max smiled at me and let me go, stepping away from me to take one of my hands.

“Close your eyes, Wendy,” he instructed me and I sighed as I looked up at him. I had a feeling towards what was going to happen, but honestly? Well…I didn’t really know, Max was never the type to really be predictable. And I’d known him my entire life, minus the nine years that we had been separated. But it was like those years hadn’t even happened now…

“Please?” Max asked, giving me that puppy-dog look that I simply could not deny. Alright, so I pretty much spoiled him in our relationship. But oh well. He kissed me softly before pulling away again. Sighing, I smiled at him before following orders and letting my lids close over my eyes. My heart raced silently as Max began leading me somewhere in his house. We left his room and went through the halls to, I think, his living room or kitchen or something.

“Okay, stay here. And…don’t open your eyes,” my boyfriend instructed me and I sighed, nodding as I felt his hand leave mine and then heard the rustling sounds of movement around me as he put the finishing touches on everything. I heard him cursing a few times under his breath and I had a smirk upon my lips as he walked back up to me and captured my lips in his own. I kissed him back while he held it briefly and when he pulled away, I kept my eyes shut.

“You can open your eyes now, Wendy,” Max told me. He sounded almost…nervous? Yeah, he kind of sounded nervous. I thought it was cute. I smiled as I let my eyes open onto the sight before me.

Max was really good at being romantic…

Before me was his living room. Lights out save for the candles that lined the walls and covered the tables and everything like that. On his coffee table, there was a little meal of Subway and cupcakes and chocolates. I could feel myself blush red as my heart became swollen with all those mushy feelings that came with being so in love you couldn’t express anything. Max was so beyond amazing, it was ridiculous.

He stood to my right, watching me nervously as I took everything in. When I turned to look at him with a grin on my face, his worried look was replaced by a happy and proud smile. I opened my mouth to speak before I shut it closed again and just launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around him tightly before planting a kiss firmly on his lips.

He chuckled as he pulled away, smiling down at me as he held around my waist tightly. “Can I take that as a thank you?” he asked me and I nodded eagerly, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck quietly. “Awesome,” he told me before kissing my head.

“Thank you so much, Max. You’re…” I couldn’t find the words I was trying to get out. I looked up at him again. “You’re so beyond amazing, you don’t even know. You’re like…ten types of incredible.” He grinned goofily at me and I giggled slightly. “I love you so much, Max…”

“I love you too, Wendy. And thank you. You’re pretty damn incredible yourself…” I blushed at the compliment an stood on my toes so that I could kiss him quickly. I then proceeded to pull away from him and go take a seat on the couch. Max chuckled at me and followed suit, sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders loosely.

We ate the food he had gotten with various bits of conversation in between. We laughed and reminisced on our childhood like we almost always did when we were alone together. By the time that we’d finished eating, we had pretty much covered everything from what we had been doing in class the other day to the time when we pushed his brother Todd into a creek when we were camping with his mom.

It was ten when I decided that I could give Max his Valentine’s Day present from me…

We were laying down on his couch, most of the candles had been blown out after we’d finished eating and we were both sitting in the dark with only the light coming from the kitchen to see by. I was curled up against the back of the couch with Max laying beside me. I had my head on his shoulder and my hands on his chest. His arms were around me and I could feel my heart quicken as I thought about what I was about to do…

Stifling a yawn, I bit down on my lower lip as I pushed myself up so that I could look at his face. Max looked a little confused when I sat up. I just smiled at him and brought my lips down onto his. I put all the passion that I could muster into that kiss. Which was, surprisingly, quite a bit. All the love in the world, I tried to push into that one kiss. Max kissed me back with as much hunger. And that made my heart race even harder and cause me to melt a little more into his grasp.

I loved melting into him.

I moved my hands up his chest to make one entwine in his hair, the other holding onto his shoulder. He responded by tightening his grip on my waist and breathing a heady breath into my mouth. I smiled as our tongues danced together, deepening the kiss we shared.

Max’s hands began to move up my back beneath my shirt and I could feel my heartbeat quickening. If that was even possible at this point…

As his fingers hit the edge of my bra, he paused and then began pulling away from me, moving his hands. “Wendy, we -”

I sighed, he was going to get me thinking too much and that wasn’t going to help anything. I shook my head and quickly attached my lips to his once more, tugging on his hair a bit as I did so. Another heady breath was let out into my mouth and I smiled as we resumed our make our session.

He pulled away again, moving his hands down to push my away from him. I frowned at him, swallowing nervously. That dreaded feeling of him not wanting me washed over me and I had to fight to get it to go away. I wanted him, but he didn’t seem like he wanted me…

“Wednesday, I love you but…” I swallowed nervously as I sighed and sunk into the back of the couch. “Are you sure?” he asked me. I nodded quietly and tried to give as reassuringly smile as I possibly could to him. He smiled back before sitting up and leaving me laying down on the couch. Sighing, I frowned and furrowed my brows in a frustrated manner. So…he didn’t want me? Ugh. I was so confused right now…

“Don’t look at me like that, Wendy. Please?” I just frowned at him again as he ran his hands through his hair. What the hell was he doing? What was going through his mind?
♠ ♠ ♠
'Nother update! <3 And if you guys haven't noticed, I love writing Maxie cuteness... xD
Anyway, next chapter will be in tomorrow for you guys. Promise. And it will be steamy, unlike this one. This one was more just cute, huh? Well... yeah... <3

Thanks everyone that's subscribed and everything. It means a lot 'cause I generally don't think my writing is all that great. This is actually the first fan-fiction that I've written start to (soon to be) end. And it's all because you guys keep me motivated to work on this with all your comments. <3 So thank you soooo much!

Please comment and subscribe for me? Thank you! ^_^

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Tangled Up In Me" by Skye Sweetnam.