Who Knew

Interrupted

Piper smiled as she watched Mike Newton walk out of the store he worked in. She had met him a couple of weeks ago at a football game her friend Ireland had drug her to. The two exchanged phone numbers and contact information and had been chatting on the phone, and net for the past two weeks. She wasn't very into him; but he was a lot better than the guys that attended the school on the reservation.

"Piper right?" Mike ask, shifting his green eyes around so he could take in every bit of her appearance.

Piper smiled, and nodded her head. Her blue eyes shimmering with excitement. Most guys didn't believe she lived on the reservation due to her blond hair, blue eyes, and untanned skin, but she did. She was adopted when she was just a couple of months old.

"You wanna head out and grab a burger or something?" Mike ask.

She nodded her head, and smiled as he took her small hand in his and led her to his truck. She had her brother Paul drop her off earlier. He had thought she was meeting up with some friends, instead she was meeting a boy. Paul would have flipped out if he knew his little sister was really out with a guy from Forks high.

She climbed inside Mike's truck, and waited for it to roar to life. She giggled girlishly at his attempts to impress her as he drove to the small diner. He got the food to go, which was a good thing for her. The last thing she needed was for someone to see her; and tell her brother. Paul would probably rip Mike's head off.

Piper and Paul have always been very close. She was just a year younger than him, and even though she wasn't his biological sister, she felt as if they were meant to be brother and sister. They enjoyed the same things, and got along great. The only difference between the obvious details was Paul's tempter. He had always had one; but it seemed lately it's been worse. Especially with his recent disappearances he's been making.

"Something on your mind beautiful?" Mike ask.

She looked over and then shook her head clearly lying, "Just pumped up about being here with you." She lied yet again. She wasn't happy about being here at all. Mike Newton was just like any other normal seventeen year old boy who was after one thing.

Mike drove his truck up onto a small bank near La Push and parked it. He handed her a burger, and the two of them ate in an uncomfortable silence.

"So, you go to school on the reservation, right?"

"Mhm,"

"But you're white." He pointed out.

She rolled her eyes. 'Way to state the obvious, idiot', She thought as she looked over at him, "I was adopted."

"Adopted? Really?"

"Yeah, by the Parker's."

"Woah, wait a second. You're Paul Parker's sister?"

She nodded her head, and waited for the scream to come from his mouth. All of guys in Forks and La Push were pretty scared of Paul. He was known for being angry and starting fights.

"Guess I better be really careful with you, huh." Mike said, a goofy grin on his lips.

Piper smiled, and then finished her burger. Mike shifted uncomfortably in his seat for a few minutes and Piper could tell he was nervous. She sighed, "You just wanna make out or something?" She ask, twirling her hair in her hand.

Mike's eyes widened when he noticed how up front she was. Piper didn't beat around the bush at all. Mike smiled as he leaned over and pressed his mouth against hers. Piper wanted to vomit; realizing he had onion on his burger. She could taste it on him. She pushed past that, and opened her lips, allowing him entrance. She wasn't a whore or anything; it wasn't like she was going to have sex with him on the first date. She just liked kissing, and having a guy show her affection.

Mike traveled his arms up her sides, and then came back down and placed them under shirt. He was about to push them up under the fabric, when the driver's door opened up. Mike turned around, not knowing what to expect and starred deep into the brown eyes of the last person he wanted to see.

"Paul! What the fuck are you doing here?" Piper scolded, seeing her brother standing there with a look of anger plastered across his face. He was shaking violently. She also noticed standing behind him were Sam and Jared; two of his new friends he had been hanging with.

"Piper Danielle get the hell out of this truck, and start walking your little ass home." Paul demanded.

She knew to obey him unless she wanted to be grounded for a month - He would defiantly tell their mom she was out with a guy, when she should have been out with her friends. She shot him a look of anger, and then opened the passenger door and climbed out of the truck. She began walking away and could hear Paul chewing Mike out.

"Calm down, Paul!" Sam warned him.

She turned around and watched the three dark skinned giants talk to Mike Newton. She then saw the look of fear on Mike's face as she looked through the wind shield. She rolled her eyes, there went her chance of going to a real prom.

She watched as Mike's truck began driving down the road, and then Paul stormed over to where she was standing, Sam and Jared trailing not too far behind him.

"What the heck!" She screamed.

"I should be asking you the same damn thing, Piper! Fucking Mike Newton? MIKE NEWTON! You're better than that!"

"Well, I'm sorry that you don't approve of my choice of guys, Paul! But frankly it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

Paul growled loudly, which was something he had been doing a lot lately. She had thought it was just a phase he was going through. Thinking growling like a wild animal was cool or something.

"Just get home." Paul muttered towards his sister.

She rolled her eyes, "It's like a mile walk!"

"Then it gives you plenty of time to think about what a little ho you looked like."

She huffed, and then turned around and stormed off down the hill that would lead her to La Push.

She finally made it to First Beach, and realized she was almost home. She sighed, as she ran her hands through her blond hair. She could just imagine the look on Haylie and Ireland's face when she explained to them how she was in the middle of a make out session with Mike Newton, possibly close to scoring a prom invitation, when Paul jerked open the driver's door and scared the shit out of them both.

She half smiled when she reach the houses on the reservation. At least she wouldn't be walking any longer. Her smile faded though when she saw Quil, Embry, and Jacob out in Quil's yard tossing the foot ball around. The three of them annoyed her so much. She didn't even know what she really disliked about them. For some reason they just got on her nerves; especially Jacob Black. The two of them were each others enemies on the reservation. He didn't like her, and she didn't like him.

She tried to not look in their direction as she walked inside her house and slammed the door behind her. Her mother Susie, who was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper looked up and burrowed her brows at her daughter, "Problem?" Susie ask.

Piper groaned, "Yeah, and his name is Paul!" She yelled, heading up to her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can go here for a visual of all the characters:
http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/14598044/who-knew-jacob-black-characters

and also, this story will not be updated regularly until my Emmett one is finished. It'll be finished on chapter 30. I'll try to update this story about every other day until then.