Who Knew

Bonfire

Piper walked down the stairs after deciding on a jean skirt, and a simple black tank top. Her hair was in it's natural waves, and her make-up was kind of natural as well. A pair of flip flops were on her feet, and some bangles dangled from her arm. She saw Paul in the living room angrily flipping through the channels of the television.

"You're not gone already?" Piper asked him.

"I'm not going." He replied bitterly.

"How come? It's not just a imprint thing, it's really for the whole reservation. . ."

Paul shrugged his shoulder's, "I think it's better if I stay home." He stated. He knew if he saw Jacob Black with Bella Swan tonight then he would get angry.

"Come on Paul, I want you there."

"Piper, it's going to be boring. You're not going to have fun. You should skip as well."

She arched a brow and looked at her brother. He had never tried talking her out of bonfires. He had always been the one who pleaded with her to go. She knew something was bothering him.

"Is it because you don't have an imprint?" She asked, confused as to why he wouldn't want to go.

He shook his head, "No, it's not because I don't have an imprint."

"Then what is it?"

"Bella Swan is going to be there, Pip." He said bitterly.

She thought about the name he had just said. She tried working out where she had heard it before. Was it a girl from the reservation? A girl who one of the guys had imprinted on?

"Whose Bella Swan?"

Paul sighed, "Just some girl from Forks who just so happens to be Jacob's biggest crush, not to mention she's dating Edward Cullen."

"The vampire?"

"Yeah."

"Why would you care if she's there?"

"Because!" Paul spat, "I don't want her all over Jacob in front of you."

Piper then understood why her brother was so against going. He was protective of her, and if he thought Jacob was making her jealous or hurting her any little bit then he was going to get angry, and if he got angry he would phase.

"Paul, don't get mad at Jacob. . . It's not his fault that I'm his imprint. . ."

"I just don't like him hanging around that human girl. The guys who imprinted are suppose to use this night to connect with their imprints, not spend it with some girl from Forks."

Piper frowned, "I don't mind. You should go, I'm still going."

He shook his head, "I'm going to go catch a movie instead. I need to clear my mind anyways."

Piper hugged her brother and then walked out of the house. It was only a short distance from her house to the bonfire, and she arrived there just a few minutes later. There wasn't too many people around. She noticed a few of the elders, talking with Sam and Emily. She took this time to study Emily's scars. They stretched down her face, but still didn't take away from her beauty. She noticed Piper looking at her and smiled, and waved slightly. Piper waved back and then began walking towards her. Emily pulled her into a hug.

"It's been so long Piper! You should come around more."

Piper smiled, "Yeah, It has been way too long."

"How are you, Piper?" Sam asked, a smile on his face, which was something she had never saw before.

"I'm good."

"The guys should be here in a bit."

Piper nodded, and then turned around when she heard a loud squeal of laughter. She saw Quil walking with a small toddler on his shoulder's. The little girl was laughing, as she tried to place her little hands over his eyes. Embry was holding the hand of a very beautiful girl, who was wearing a bright smile across her face.

"Hey Piper!" Embry said, "Piper this is Kari, Kari this is our friend Piper."

The two girls said hello to each other, and then Quil introduced her to baby Claire. She smiled as Quil sit her down on the ground, and she ran around. She couldn't believe how good he was with the toddler.

People started coming in crowds, and soon the area on the beach was very crowded. Piper smiled over at Leah and Seth Clearwater who seemed to be keeping to themselves. She was aware they had just went through the transformation. She knew they must be feeling like they were in an entirely different world.

Piper sit with Emily as Sam and the rest of the pack talked things over with the elders.

"Where is Jacob?" Piper asked Emily.

Emily frowned, "Not sure." She stated, and then shook her head when she saw him walking up to the bonfire beside Bella Swan.

"There he is." Piper sighed.

"Yeah. . ."

"So, that's Bella, huh." Piper said, not really meaning to say it out loud.

Emily held tightly on to Claire who was sitting on her lap, "She doesn't belong here." Emily whispered, as she watched Bella walk up and find a seat by the fire. Jacob sunk down beside her, not even bothering to make eye contact with Piper.

She instantly felt like she shouldn't be here. She was only here for one reason and that was Jacob, and he wasn't even going to look at her. She began thinking of ways she could quickly make her exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image