Who Knew

A Choice

Piper didn't really know what to tell Ireland. She was sort of mad at her friend for interrupting the most perfect kiss of her life. She approached Ireland and saw her standing there with her arms crossed, and a look of amusement splattered across her face.

"You're back. . ." Piper said.

Ireland laughed dryly, "We came back earlier. I thought I could come visit a friend. Never in my wildest dreams did I picture finding you in the water with Jacob Black. What happened while I was away?" Ireland asked, and then spat out another sentence before she gave Piper time to answer. "You were about to kiss that boy! Could you imagine what it would do to your reputation if I wouldn't have saved you? God, Piper! What has happened since I left? Did you go utterly insane? You cannot even be friends with Jacob Black let alone kiss him!" Ireland hissed.

Piper couldn't believe what her best friend was saying to her. She was telling her who she could and couldn't be friends with. She shook her head, and then laughed. What had she ever saw in Ireland? She was nothing but a mean horrible person.

"I'm sorry Ireland, but I'm going to be friends with him, and if I want to kiss him then I will. You have no right to tell me who I can and can't be friends with."

"What the hell, Piper! You are not going to let your reputation go down the drain for him! Could you imagine what people would think?"

"I don't care what people think!" Piper shouted, "I don't care about being popular anymore. I don't care about being the hottest girl in school, or snagging the cutest guy. I just don't care anymore."

"Don't expect to be my friend if you plan on being his."

Piper swallowed hard. She was faced with a choice. Ireland or Jacob. Her friend of several years, who talked to her when no one else would, or the boy who she was slowly falling for. She sighed, and then looked at Ireland, "If you're making me choose, then I choose him."

"Are you serious?" Ireland asked, not believing her friend was actually choosing Jacob Black over herself.

"I don't want to choose Ireland. You're my best friend, but Jacob. . . he's special to me."

Ireland rolled her eyes, "Yeah, he's special alright. Special fucking ed. Whatever though, have your little boyfriend. Your reputation at school will be shit now, I'll see to that." Ireland hissed, as she stormed off the beach.

Piper watched her friend walk down the beach and sighed. Had she made the right decision? She felt warm strong arms wrap around her from behind. She had forgot all about Jacob being near them.

"You didn't have to do that." He whispered.

Slowly, she turned around and looked up into his coffee colored eyes and smiled. "I know, but I wanted to."

"Are you sure you want to give her up. . . for me?" He asked. He didn't want her to do anything she didn't want to.

She smiled, "Of course."

He sighed happily, and then pulled her into a hug. He had never saw this side of her before. He had always thought of her as a mindless zombie who would always say or do anything Ireland Dunn wanted. Now she had stood up for herself.

"You really don't care about your reputation or popularity?" He asked.

She looked up and him and shook her head, "As long as I have friends. . . I don't think it matters. I just used that to fill the empty spots in my life."

He grinned widely, "You defiantly have a friend in me." He said.

She giggled, "A friend who wouldn't mind kissing me, right?"

He chuckled, "A friend who wants nothing more than to kiss you."

"Then what's this friend waiting for?" She asked in a soft voice.

He snickered and then bent down and pressed his lips against hers. It started off very soft and innocent, but soon the kiss turned into something passionate and hungry. She wrapped her hands around his neck, and pulled him down on her lips even more. He groaned into the kiss, and then dipped his tongue into the parting of her lips, and explored her mouth. The kiss had more sparks than either of them would have thought. When Jacob finally pulled away from her, they were both panting for air.

"Wow. . ." She whispered.

He chuckled, and then he pulled her close to him. He ran his finger tips over her bare back.

"I wish I didn't have to patrol tonight." He murmured against her hair.

She giggled, "But you do."

He sighed, "I know. Are you doing anything tonight?"

She nodded, "I'm suppose to meet Paul's imprint, Kathy."

Jacob smiled, "Looks like we're going to need to have another imprint bonfire."

"Why is that?" She asked.

"Paul's imprinted now, not to mention Seth imprinted this morning."

"Seth?"

"Leah's little brother, and then Brady and Collin just completed their transformation."

She nodded her head, "Things are happening so fast. Paul thinks something is going to happen."

"I don't know. . . Maybe it's just because the bloodsuckers are around."

She sighed, "He's trying to convince Mom to move to New York."

"What?" Jacob asked quickly. "Paul can't leave!" He said shaking his head, "You can't leave." He whispered.

She shook her head, "Just mom. She met a guy, and Paul's trying to make her leave. He thinks she would be happier there."

"You're not leaving though, right?"

"I'm not leaving, Jake."

He inhaled deeply feeling slightly better. She had scared him when she said moving to New York. He didn't know if he would be able to live without Piper being near him.

"You need to go get some rest before you patrol."

He sighed, "I know. . . and you need to go home and get ready for dinner."

She smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Bright and early."

She leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips before turning around and walking home. Jacob watched her and smiled. He couldn't wait to make her his girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image