Who Knew

Mission

Piper arrived home and her mother and Paul were both sitting in the living room waiting for her. She smiled softly, already knowing what was about to happen. Paul had probably convinced their mother to move. Paul nodded his head towards Piper to let her know that her assumptions were indeed correct. She sat down in the recliner, and Susie sighed, as she ran a hand through her dark hair.

"Piper, your brother and I spent the morning talking, and now I need to talk to you."

Piper nodded her head, and then her mother talked to her about possibly moving. Susie wanted to make sure Piper was okay with this. Piper didn't know if she actually liked the idea of her mom leaving La Push, but she knew it was for the best. She wanted her to be happy and safe, and going to New York might be the only possibly way of doing that.

"So, you're really okay with me going?"

"I just want you happy mom. We can visit, and spend holidays and such together."

Susie smiled, and then a single tear trailed down her cheek, "I have two of the most amazing children ever." She said, walking over and hugging Piper, and then going over and hugging Paul.

The next couple of hours was spent talking about how they would make this arrangement work. She agreed to come back to La Push on the holidays, and they even offered to come to New York a couple of times. Susie had also informed them that Chad would be coming to dinner tonight to meet them. She also dropped the bomb on them that he was leaving in two days, which meant she would also be leaving in two days. Piper didn't like that. She thought she would have a lot more time with her mother, but she knew she'd see her again soon.

"You should invite someone over for dinner as well, Piper." Susie said, as she slaved over the stove for the big dinner.

"The only person I would consider inviting is busy tonight."

"Let me guess, Jacob Black?"

She smiled, "How'd you know?'

"Oh sweet heart. I've noticed this little crush on him for ages, I'm just glad you're finally giving the poor boy a chance. You two would make a very cute couple."

Piper smiled, and then helped her mother with the food. Before she knew it, there came a knocking at the door. Paul answered it, and she heard him talking to a female. She assumed this was Kathy she had heard all about. Soon Paul came inside the kitchen, holding the hand of a very beautiful girl.

Kathy had long black hair that hung down to the middle of her back, and stunning brown eyes. She also had large plump lips. She was dressed in a pair of simple jeans, and a off the shoulder top that suited her frame. She smiled brightly, showing her perfectly aligned white teeth, and introduced herself.

Piper smiled, while Susie questioned Kathy about some things. Piper laughed, "Mom, give the girl a break. I'm sure she'll take good care of Paul."

Susie giggled, and then went back to cooking dinner. Piper took a seat at the table with Kathy and got to know her a bit better. She was much more of an observer than a talker, and from the small amount of time Piper spent with her she discovered that she's not only book smart, but also street smart. She made an excellent match for Paul.

Another knocking came to the door, and Susie went to answer it with a smile on her face. Soon her mom returned back to the kitchen with a man by her side. He was an older man, probably in his mid forties. He had hair, but not much. It was going thin on top. He was also Caucasian and a little over weight. Piper was amazed that her mother found this man attractive. He was not someone who she would normally go for.

The food was soon on the table and everyone was seated. Chad introduced himself to the kids and told them about himself. Piper could see why her mom liked him. He had a extremely good personality. He was very kind, and had a good sense of human. He even joked about being slightly over weight, describing himself as a candy lover. Even Paul seemed to approve of the man who was stealing their mom away.

"So, you're not just taking my mom away to shack up with her right?" Paul asked.

Susie's eyes went wide and she scolded her son.

"No, actually I plan on marrying your mother."

Piper couldn't help but to nearly choke on the steak she was chewing on. Kathy felt uncomfortable and Paul just gave him a look of disbelief.

"You better take care of her." Paul said in a stern voice.

"Of course. I love your mother very much."

Piper was completely blown away. Exactly how long had these two known each other? He was already saying the word love, and talking about marriage. She guessed it was pretty serious though, especially since her mother made plans of moving to New York with him.

After dinner, Susie went out with Chad for some ice cream, and Paul drove Kathy home since she had been dropped off by her parents. That left Piper alone. She really didn't mind it though. She walked up the stairs and into her bedroom. She picked up a magazine she had bought last week, and began flipping through the pages.

She heard something tapping on the door a few minutes later. She rushed down the stairs and opened the door. Standing in front of her was Jacob. He grinned widely and then walked inside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Sam sent me here."

"What for?"

He laughed, "I've been bugging him and Quil about you all night. They sent me here on a mission and told me not to come back until I've completed my mission."

She laughed, "And what's that mission, Jacob?"

"To make you my girlfriend."

She looked at him, and then smiled. "All you have to do is ask." She whispered.

He smiled, and then bent down and brushed his lips against hers, and then pulled her into a hug. "Be my girl?" He asked.

She nodded her head, "Sure, sure." She said mocking his overly used catch phrase.

He sighed with happiness, and then bent down and kissed her on the lips once again. "If I don't get back they'll kill me."

She giggled, "Go then."

"I'll come get you tomorrow. We'll spend the whole day together."

"Okay Jake."

"Bye babe." He said, kissing her forehead once again before darting off back into the forest to his duties.

Piper walked up the stairs and collapsed on her bed with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image