Who Knew

First Date

Piper smiled over at Jacob as he turned the key and brought the rabbit to life. She was so excited to finally be going on a first date with him. She still couldn't wrap her finger around why she had been so blind. How could she not have saw this before? Saw how incredibly happy she would be with Jacob as her boyfriend. She had always been looking for love in the wrong places, when it was right in front of her.

"How about we catch a horror flick, and then we go out to eat?" Jacob asked.

"Sounds good to me."

He smiled and then headed towards the movie theater. It didn't take long before they arrived. Jacob wasn't much for obeying the speed limit. She opened her door, and watched as he slid over the top of the rabbit to get to her side. She rolled her eyes playfully, and he smirked as he leaned over and planted a kiss upon her cheek. He then linked hands with her and the two of them walked inside. Jacob paid for the tickets and a container of popcorn and soda. The two of them walked inside, and took their seats.

He held her hand through the entire movie, and laughed silently when she squealed out with the other teenage girls. Jacob never thought he would be sitting inside the movie theater with Piper as a teenager. He knew the two of them would eventually end up together. But he really didn't think that would happen in the next couple of years. He figured they'd probably both graduate high school, and possibly even go their separate ways for a few years before they both ventured back to the reservation and realized they loved each other.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked quietly, noticing he was starring at the screen, but not watching the movie.

"Just about how I always knew we'd be together." He said smiling at her.

She smiled back, and then leaned her head on his shoulder and continued watching the movie from that view. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and held her close to him.

"Did you like it?"

"Kinda gross at times, but it was alright. We're seeing romance next time." She smiled.

He laughed, "Whatever you say, babe."

They walked out of the theater hand in hand, and then got back inside the rabbit. Jacob drove to a small restaurant just outside of Forks. She didn't even know the place existed. He held her hand as the two of them walked inside. A tall waitress showed them to a booth in the back. Instead of sitting across from her, Jacob slid in right beside her. She didn't mind though. She liked being close to him.

"What are you having?" Jacob asked.

"I don't know." She said reading over the menu.

After a few minutes of looking over the menu, Piper decided on bread sticks, while Jacob ordered himself two hamburgers, and a large order of fries. They talked briefly before being interrupted.

"Jacob?"

Jacob turned his head and looked at Bella Swan. She had her hand intertwined with another hand. Edward Cullen.

"Hi Bella."

"Jacob! It's so good to see you. . . and you must be. . ."

"Piper. Her name is Piper." Jacob said, reminding Bella of his girlfriends name.

"We really need to be going." Edward said to Bella.

She shook her head, "Nonsense! Let's talk to Jacob and Piper a bit. I really haven't saw him in so long." She said, sliding into the booth. Edward rolled his eyes, and eventually slid into the booth as well.

Piper felt uncomfortable. She was well aware Edward was a vampire, and she honestly didn't like being so close to him. Jacob realized her being tense and uncomfortable and wrapped his arm around her.

"So, what are you two doing out tonight?"

"Enjoying our first date." Jacob said.

"Bella, they're on the first date. . .We should really leave them alone."

"Nonsense! Jacob and I are best friends, Edward. I'm sure Pepper doesn't mind."

"Piper." Piper stated in a harsh tone.

She didn't know what Bella Swan's game plan was, nor did she care. She disliked her, and wasn't about to let her ruin her night with Jacob.

"Well since you're here leech, I might as well ask you a question."

"Could you refrain from using those little nick names you have, dog."

"Whatever you say, Parasite. I need to know if you've been over the boundary line?"

"You know we don't cross that line."

"Then we have a problem." Jacob spat.

"Problem?"

"We caught a scent. . . It wasn't but a couple of feet away from the actual line, so we assumed maybe one of you leeches crossed it accidentally."

"We don't make accidents." Edward said.

"Well then if that's the case then I'd suggest warning your family, and possibly your friends. If we catch someone across the line we will rip them to shreds."

"Did you catch a glimpse of who it was?" Edward asked, ignoring Jacob's threat.

"No, just a scent."

"Keep us posted, would you?" Edward asked.

"I'll pass the word to Sam." Jacob muttered

The food arrived, and Piper assumed that Bella and Edward would leave and allow them to finish their date off in peace. She was wrong. Even when Edward suggested they leave, Bella decided they should stay. Piper didn't know what Jacob had ever saw in this girl. She was not only clingy, but rather annoying as well. All of her sentences were meaningless, and she portrayed a weak individual.

"That's not very nice thoughts." Edward said, looking towards Piper.

She arched a brow, and Jacob growled, "Don't read my girlfriends mind, blood sucker."

"GIRLFRIEND?" Bella asked, clearly shocked.

"Yeah, Piper and I become official last night."

"Jacob, are you sure you should have a girlfriend? I mean. . . with the whole control thing. I've saw Emily, and I don't think it's best that you. . ."

"You need to shut your mouth." Piper spoke up, "Jacob doesn't tell you that dating a vampire is a bad idea, so I don't think you should really be the one to voice your opinion on his relationship."

"She's mouthy, isn't she?" Bella said to Jacob.

Piper looked at her with hatred, and was about to open her mouth to say something, but Jacob pulled her out of the booth, and then explained that they were leaving. Piper assumed he was taking her side on things. She walked out into the air, and expected him to apologize for Bella wrecking their date, but he actually looked at her and shook his head.

"Piper, you can't just go off on Bella like that!"

"You're joking." Piper said, folding her arms over her chest. Was he really about to lecture her on Bella Swan.

"I don't trust those leech's one bit. If you threaten Bella then he might just go insane and try to hurt you."

"Trust me, I think I can handle an old man."

"Piper. . ."

"No Jacob! She came and ruined our first date, and then she had enough nerve to call me mouthy. I stand up for myself, and now you're siding with her?"

"I'm not siding with anyone. I just don't want problems to arise between you two. If you two have problems, then Edward and I will have problems, then from there the pack and Cullen's will have problems. I'm just trying to think logical here."

Piper rolled her eyes, still not caring about thinking logical. She didn't care at the moment. She knew she was being immature, and would possibly regret her behavior in the morning, but right now she just didn't care.

"You're right. . . we should be logical. How about you just take me home and we can possibly end this date before one of us says or do something we regret."

Piper refused to talk to Jacob the entire way home. She sometimes spoke without thinking. She didn't want to upset Jacob, or make him think that she didn't want a relationship with him. She decided that staying quiet could be a good thing at this time. He pulled up to her house and let out a sigh.

"Look Piper. . ."

"No, Jacob. Don't talk." She said, leaning over and pecking him softly on the lips. "We'll talk tomorrow. I don't want to say something I'll regret. Let me have the night to cool down and collect my thoughts, okay?"

He nodded his head, "Sweet dreams."

"You too." She muttered, climbing out of his car and walking inside her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image