Who Knew

Bittersweet

Piper woke up early the next morning, excited that she would be spending the day with Jacob. After getting ready for the day, she walked downstairs and ate breakfast with her mom. It was good for them to have that time together. Susie seemed to be happy and sad both at the same time. She wanted to go to New York, but she didn't want to leave her children behind. It was a very bittersweet moment, but Piper knew that her mom would ultimately be happier in New York than in La Push, so it was going to be good in the end.

"I'm gonna go, Mom. I'm suppose to be spending the entire day with Jacob."

"Have fun, sweet heart. If you see your brother out and about, tell him to come home so we can spend some time together before I leave."

"I will, mom. Love you!"

Piper walked out of the house and started towards Jacob's. She didn't even know if he was back from patrolling. She smiled and waved at Emily, who was out in the yard taking the trash out. Piper jogged over and stood there for a few moments, "Do you know if Jacob is home?"

"He should be. Sam got home about three hours ago."

"Thanks Em."

"Are you two official?" Emily asked smiling.

Piper nodded her head, "Yeah. I'm going to go see him."

Emily nodded her head, and Piper began making her way towards the familiar red house. She didn't know what had changed in her, but for the first time in a long time she was giddy about a boy. She couldn't wait to see Jacob. He had been on her mind nonstop lately. She was well aware that most of this was because he imprinted on her, but some of it wasn't just an imprint. The imprinting process just made her open her eyes. She could now see what she had been missing out on her entire life. She didn't need to fit into a certain group, or pretend she's better than anyone. She just needed to be herself, and then everything would fall into place.

She smiled softly seeing Billy Black on the porch, "Is Jacob home?" She asked.

"He's inside sleeping, Piper." Billy said, with a soft smile.

She nodded her head, "Will you tell him I'm waiting by the beach when he wakes up?" She asked.

She didn't want to wake Jacob up if he was sleeping. He needed his sleep, especially to keep up with everything he done. She turned around before Billy even had a chance to reply, but his strong voice stopped her from venturing too far away.

"Piper! Why don't you just go inside and wake him up? He'll be upset with himself for keeping you waiting."

"Oh no, Billy. He needs his sleep."

"Trust me. His sleep comes second to you." Billy said.

She smiled, and then walked inside the house. Billy followed in behind her in the wheel chair. She had actually never been inside the Black home. "Straight down the hall, second door." Billy said.

She walked down the tiny narrow hallway slowly, wondering how Jacob's huge body even fit inside the hall. She clutched onto the door knob, and slowly turned it. She peeked inside and saw a small messy room with a bed in the corner. The bed was small, and it held the most perfect man she had ever laid her eyes on. Jacob was sleeping, with a camo blanket pulled up over him. He was shirtless, and looked so peaceful with his arm dangling off the edge of the bed. She smiled as she walked over to him. She allowed her fingers to trace over the skin of his cheek.

He slowly stirred. His eyes opened first. It took him a second to realize what was going on. He looked up, and he instantly smiled. "Hey you." He said raising up.

"I didn't want to wake you. . . Blame your dad."

He chuckled, "I'll thank my dad later then." He said, scooting over so she could sit down.

"How was your night?" She asked.

He sighed, "It could have been a lot better."

"How come?" She asked.

He laughed, "I could have spent the evening with my girlfriend rather than running around the woods."

She giggled, and he laid back in the bed, pulling her with him. Since the bed was so small, she was practically half on top of him. Neither of them really seemed to mind. Jacob ran his fingers through her hair, and grinned. "I'm so happy you said yes." He whispered, kissing her on the cheek.

"Did you have doubts?"

He sighed, "A little." He admitted

"Why?"

"Because, Piper. . . We didn't even use to like each other, well we pretending not to anyways, and now here I am with you in my bed. It's too good to be true."

She laughed, "Yeah, who knew we'd be here one day."

"I did." He replied softly.

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You did?"

He nodded his head, "I guess I sort of always knew I'd eventually be with you. I've always felt something towards you. Even way before the imprinting. I think that's what bugged me about you at times. I felt like I didn't even have a choice. It was like. . . I had to love you no matter what. I tried to dislike you. I was mean to you. I even talked about you behind your back. . . but I knew the only reason I done that was to get a reaction out of you. I just. . . I always wanted to be with you."

She smiled, and then leaned over and connected her lips to his. She didn't know if she had ever felt that strong towards Jacob before the imprinting process, but she did have a crush on him. She was just glad that they had finally ended up together. She couldn't believe she had been missing this for so long.

"I'm taking you out tonight. Just me and you. Sam gave me the night off."

"Just me and you?"

He smiled, "Yep. I figured we could catch a movie, go out to eat, and then possibly take a late night walk. Is that okay with you?"

She smiled, "It sounds like a date."

"Our first date." Jacob said cockily.

She giggled, and then kissed him softly on the mouth. "Did you find anything interesting last night?" She asked, just making conversation. He tensed up. "Jacob!"

"We caught a scent. . . but we're assuming it's the Cullens. So to keep the treaty in tact we sort of just left it."

"What if it wasn't the Cullen's?"

"We plan on contacting them soon and talking about the boundary lines again."

"What will happen if they cross or if one of you accidentally crosses?"

"It won't be a very pleasant sight."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a busy day tomorrow, and I might not be able to update. I'll still try, but if I can't; then this update is for tomorrow. :)

I have a busy day tomorrow, and I might not be able to update. I'll still try, but if I can't; then this update is for tomorrow. :)