Who Knew

Leah Imprints

Piper sat on her front porch painting her nails when she heard a loud commotion coming from a few houses down. She stood up, and looked down the road to see Leah and Seth Clearwater, along with Jared and Sam. Something was going on because Leah was yelling, and Piper could see her shaking. The boys were trying to calm her down. She wondered what was happening to make her feel so bad.

Paul walked out of the house and looked at his sister. He was about to go out with Kathy, but he felt like he needed to know why Piper had that look on her face.

"What's going on?" He asked, looking down the road as he heard the same noise that Piper did.

"I think Leah is going to kill half the pack."

"I better go see what's going on." Paul said.

Piper leaned against the banister and watched as he quickly walked the few houses down. She saw Leah yell at Paul, and then the young female shape shifter ran back inside the house. The boys continued to stand in the yard and talk for quite some time before Paul began walking back towards the house. Piper couldn't really read his expression.

"What happened?" She asked as her brother walked back up on the porch.

He sighed, and then ran a hand through his shortly cropped hair. He couldn't believe what the pack had just informed him of.

"Leah imprinted."

"She did? That's great! Whose the lucky guy? She can finally get over Sam."

"The uh. . . lucky girl is Haylie."

"Haylie?" Piper asked.

"Your friend, Pip. . . Leah ran into her this morning on the beach. . ."

"You can imprint on the same sex?" Piper asked.

"I guess imprinting doesn't matter what sex you are." He said, walking inside the house.

Piper sat back down in the chair, feeling slightly confused. Part of her was happy that Haylie had been imprinted on. It meant she could find out about the pack, and also find out all the secrets she couldn't tell her. But then again, Haylie was now destined to be with Leah. They were destined to be together, and as far as Piper knew, neither of them had ever been interested in the same sex.

"I'm going to go pick Kathy up and take her out. You'll be alright by yourself?"

Piper nodded her head, "I'll probably go see Haylie."

"Don't say anything to here about imprinting or the pack. That's Leah's choice, Piper. Leah kind of exploded on her and yelled at her this morning."

"Okay, have fun." She said.

She finished painting her nails and then walked inside the house. She still couldn't believe Leah had imprinted on Haylie. No one really had any idea why imprinting happened. Some believed you imprinted on the person who was more likely to carry over the gene. Clearly, that wasn't a factor considering Haylie and Leah could never conceive a child together.

Piper shook her head, deciding that she just needed to put all thoughts of Leah and Haylie out of her mind. The two of them would probably never get together. Them getting together would go against what most people believed in. The elder's would probably have a heart attack if they saw two girls walking along side the beach hand in hand.

Piper slipped on a fresh t-shirt before answering the ringing phone. She knew the odds of it being Jacob were very low, but she found herself wishing it were anyways.

"Hello?"

"Piper?"

"Haylie?" She asked. She couldn't be sure the person sounded like they had been crying.

"Yeah, it's me." She said, sniffling.

"What's wrong hun?"

"Is it true?" Haylie asked.

"Is what true?" Piper asked confused.

"Is it all true? Imprinting? The Pack? Vampires?"

Piper swallowed hard, realizing that Leah must have decided to tell Haylie about everything. They also must have told her that Piper was Jacob's imprint.

"Yeah, Hay. It's all true."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her friend asked, sobbing.

"I couldn't. Surely they explained that to you."

"They did. . . I'm sorry, it's just. . . I don't even know what to say. This morning she was yelling at me, and then she came to apologize and told me why, and now. . . I can't hate her." Haylie admitted, "I want to hate her but I can't. I'm not. . . I never thought I was gay before." Haylie said.

Piper really didn't know what to say to her friend. Haylie was clearly having a very difficult time dealing with this. Piper spent hours on the phone with her friend, hoping to calm her down and make her understand what was going on.

"You don't have to be with her, Hay." Piper explained, "They explained to me that I didn't have to be with Jacob. We have a choice."

"I know. They told me that too. But for some reason, I can't believe I'm saying this out loud. . . but I think I want to be with her." Haylie said.

Piper didn't even know what to say. She did however let Haylie know that whatever she choose to do. Whether she wanted to be with Leah or not, that she would be there to support her. Haylie got off the phone so she could go speak more to Leah. Piper sighed as she placed the phone down. Her best friend had just been imprinted on by the only female shape shifter in history. Could life get any more complicated?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image