Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter14

I sit on the couch alone, fully clothed and prepared for our shopping trip. My brother is in the other room with the phone attached to his ear. Whoever is on the other line is getting a mouthful. I can't make out the words but I can hear the angry pitch to Alex's voice.

"She's my sister," I can hear that clearly.

They're fighting about me then.

I don't think anyone has ever fought about me before. I was never a problem child in my parents' eyes. They never really noticed anything I did. Not because they loved me and held me above everything else, they just never watched.

Come to think of it, I don't think we have any videos of me as a child. I know we have some of Alex, a lot of Alex. I just don't think they took the time with me.

I remember watching those videos. My parents look so happy in them. There is a glimmer in their eyes. They're not locked up in their studies. They're not talking about work. All they're doing is sitting with Alex as a baby or a toddler. There are some of him in middle school too. The only one from high school is of the talent show his sophomore year. His band played some songs. Skunk-head is in that one.

"Jack, shut up. That is disgusting," my brother yells.

Which one is Jack? I probably need to know their names. They are Alex's friends and Alex is trying to force me back into his life.

Not that I'm resisting that much.

My brother walks into the room. That phone is still attached to his ear.

"There are a number of reasons. Would you like me to list them?"

I listen to my brother's half of the conversation. He doesn't seem to realize I'm in the room.

"One: she is underage. Two: I'm still trying to get her used to being back. Three: you're a manwhore. Four: she's my sister. Five: I don't want to hear you talk about her like you do every other groupie nor do I want you to treat her like that."

I kind of want to know what they’re talking about.

"Just get over here with Zack and Rian so we can go shop," Alex hangs up.

"What was that about?" I ask.

He looks at me, eyes wide.

"Nothin'," he answers.

"Didn't sound like nothing."

"Well your ears are wrong. The guys will be here in five minutes."

He collapses next to me on the couch, grabs my legs and rests them on his lap.

"What are you doing?"

"Sitting."

His index finger grazes the ball of my foot. Sensations run through it. A set of giggles escape my lips. A mischievous grin takes over his face.

"So you're ticklish," he states.

"No."

He runs his finger over the ball of my foot again. I suppress giggles and try to jerk my foot from his grasp. He holds tighter on my ankle. Giggles spill past my lips.

"Alex, stop," I yell.

"Never!"

I try to jerk my foot from his hold again. It slips and I fall to the ground from the force of my pull. Alex lands on top of me.

"Dog pile on Alex's sister," someone yells.

"What? No," Alex tries to push himself off of me.

I close my eyes and brace for impact. The weight of four males lands on top of me. I grunt. It feels as though my ribcage may collapse in. Three bodies lift off me but one stays on top. My eyes open and are met with the sight of another pair of eyes.

"Hey. I'm Jack," the owner of the eyes says.

"Get off of her," Alex growls, pulling "Jack" to a standing position.

I stand, brushing myself off. My eyes glance around the group of guys. They land on skunk-head, who my brother is whispering harshly to.

Skunk-head is Jack.

Skunk-head is a lot cuter than I realized.

Skunk-head, or Jack as I should say, looks over and notices me looking at him. He smirks.

I think I just died.
♠ ♠ ♠
For poprockprincess, erinx3, sarah3044, love.for.life, xMonsterladx, jayanne, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, FayeIsLost, and youmakemylifebright.
I came home from classes today and saw the comments,
They brightened my day.
So thank you for commenting.
And thank you to new subscribers.
I hope you enjoy.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste