Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter31

Why are beds so soft? I have yet to grow accustomed to sleeping on such a soft surface. I don't know if I will ever grow accustomed to sleeping on its surface. If I stay, I need to get used to the soft surface.

The dinner was great. We talked like a normal family. We joked around. When we got home, we went out separate ways. My parents went to the kitchen; Alex stayed in the living room; I went upstairs. I'm pretty sure Alex had a friend of some sort over. I haven't really been bothered sense then, not that I mind too much.

I'm too exhausted to care.

My eyes glance at the clock next to my bed. Its neon numbers blare in the darkness of the room. It's midnight. That's what the clock tells me. I need sleep for practice and yet I'm not getting it.

Maybe my brother will let me sleep in his bed.

I push myself out of bed. Hands held out in front of me, I stumble through the darkness in search of the door. Palms hit the hard surface of what I can assume is either a wall or door. Hands travel on the surface. A round, cool object meets my hand. I turn it and pull. Light from the hallway blinds me momentarily. My eyes adjust and I walk down the hallway to my brother's room.

I stand outside the door, unsure. Should I knock? Or should I just open it? What if he's naked? I don't want to see my brother naked. That's gross. What if he's asleep and doesn't hear me? What if he's not in there?

Then I'll look like an idiot.

Maybe I can hear him. He's never been a quiet boy.

I press my ear to the door.

"That is disgusting. Jack, I don't want to hear about this," I hear Alex say.

He must be on the phone.

"But, Alex, unicorn love is a beautiful thing," Jacks voice floats through the door.

Jack's here?

"Your mom's a beautiful thing," Alex retaliates.

"What a coincidence, so is your sister," Jack says.

Alex growls; Jack laughs. I pull away from the door, a light flush on my face.

I don't know if I should knock or not. I need sleep and Alex is the only one who can help me with that. He's with Jack though.

Hesitant, I raise my hand and knock on the door. There is shuffling on the other side. The door swings open. Alex stands in the doorway, clad in only his boxers. He looks down at me. Worry etches on his face.

"What's wrong, August?" he asks.

"I can't sleep," I whisper.

Worry disappears; a smile forms.

"You can sleep in here," he moves aside.

I step through the door. My eyes focus on the shirtless back of Jack Barakat.

"Jack, put a shirt on," Alex commands.

Jack turns from changing the channels on Alex's television to look at him. "Why?" he asks.

His notices my presence, "Oh hey, August."

My breath catches in my throat. Jack, like my brother, is in only his boxers. My eyes trail his body, uncontrollable.

He may be no body builder but his almost-nude body is still amazing. His Pokemon boxers, though extremely childish, make me even more enamored with him. A few black chunks of hair stick up, making his hair look like an angry skunk.

"Hi, Jack," I respond.

It probably isn't safe to have an angry skunk on his head. It may very well bite his nose. I'm sure he would not enjoy that.

"Damn it, Jack. Put your shirt on," Alex repeats.

"No way. The minute you step out of the room, August and I are going to do naughty things. I don't need a shirt for that," Jack responds.

My face heats up.

I wonder if he is aware of my extreme lack of experience.

"I'm not leaving this room," Alex replies. "Plus, August is here to sleep. She needs her rest."

"She can sleep next to me," Jack offers.

And risk getting killed by angry skunk? I think not.

"Not happening," my brother responds.

Alex turns off his light, leaving the lamp by his bed and the television on. Jack sits on the mattress laid out for him. Alex hops on his bed.

"Come sleep," Alex commands.

Smiling, I get in bed next to Alex and snuggle into his body.

"Night, night," he says.

"Night, night," I reply.

"Good night, August," Jack says.

"Night, Skunk-head," I say.

I blame that on my exhaustion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you very much to Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, He.Hates.Me, Ms. Sobriety, save your heart., wecanlivelikethat, CypherToorima, deekayyx0, xXScreamToBeHeardXx (who commented twice), soochie, Reptar., purplemonster, jayanne, purpleconversegirl, BeastlyBallur. xD., followmedown, xoNatasha5xo, v i v o l e t t e ., FayeIsLost, and OverTheRainbow.
And to any new subscribers.
I'm still sick, but I'm not allowed to go to classes so I've been home writing and sleeping.
All day O.o
I actually finished writing the story today.
But I still have a lot to post.
So enjoy?
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste