Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter38

I sit on the couch at home. My first place medal for my solo sits on the table, along side the first place trophy for our group performance. We each received one at the awards ceremony.

My parents and brother stayed for the entire thing. My brother looked like a proud father after I performed my solo. I was offered ice cream after the performance.

I declined.

But I did ask them to pick up Chinese food. There is nothing better than Chinese food after a long day of performing.

My parents are out getting food. Alex is taking a shower. I'm alone for a little while, but I'm okay with it.

I clutch Alex's blanket closer to my body.

It's too cold to be wearing a tank top and shorts but I'm still wearing them.

I wonder why the heater isn't on.

"Why is it so cold?" I hear Alex whine.

I turn in my spot on the couch to face the stairs. Alex stands in his boxers and a shirt. His hair is obviously wet. Water droplets decorate his shirt.

"Because the heater isn't on," I reply.

"Why didn't you turn it on?"

"I don't know how to work it."

I haven't had to use one of those in three years.

"Lame," he says, stumbling his way to the heater's control panel.

He fiddles with the contraption.

When I look back on it, I did have some good times with Alex. Not many but some. Like when we played beauty shop and he let me decorate his face in multiple eye shadows and lipsticks. I was only five when we did that though. I don't have any happy memories after that age. Alex just seemed to abandon me. Maybe it was unintentional. Maybe he knew exactly what he was doing.

Either way it hurt.

Alex collapses next to me on the couch.

"I don't know how you do it," he says.

"Do what?"

"Dance like that. I was exhausted watching."

"It's not that hard."

"You've been training in it forever. Your opinion does not count."

I chuckle.

"You really were amazing out there," Alex states.

"Thanks."

"I can't believe we didn't take the time to watch you. It's something you love and it's obvious when you perform that you love it. We should have gotten involved in your interest sooner. If I can help it, I'm not missing a single competition. I can promise you that."

"Really?"

He nods.

He plans on attending every competition. All of my competitions. Alex performs in front of thousands of screaming fans dying to meet him who think he has the voice of a god and he found my dancing amazing. My brother could be the most important part of my fan base.

Tears well in my eyes.

"You have no idea how much that means to me," I whisper.

"I think I do," he replies.

His arms wrap around my shoulders. I snuggle my face in to his chest. He's warm, like the house is now.

"Can I ask you something," he asks.

"Sure."

"Are you planning on staying?"

I bite my lip. It's quiet. There is tension in Alex's chest; he's holding his breath.

"Yeah, I am," I answer.

He releases his breath, squeezing me tighter in his arms.

"Thank God," he whispers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to CypherToorima, jayanne, erinx3, xoNatasha5xo, SpondeeDactyl, Reptar., purplemonster, followmedown, Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, youmakemylifebright., Onsku, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, v i v o l e t t e ., deekayyx0, Acadia.Is.Gone, Schadenfreude., and xScratchtheplans.
And thank you to all new subscribers.
Sorry for the wait.
Finals are over, so I have more time to update. =]
And fear not, Jack is coming back soon.
I hope you enjoyed,
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste