Could Tell a Love

Could Tell A Love Ch. 12

The day our flight took off came too fast. I wanted to leave, I really did, but I had a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that this could end badly.

Jared elbowed me when he noticed my mood. I looked at him and smiled a little. He concentrated on the road. "What’s the matter?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. Nervous."

Maybe I was taking this whole thing the wrong way. This is our time. Just Jared and I. We don’t have to worry about anyone calling us telling us that we have a shoot or interview or anything. We have a whole week to ourselves to do whatever we want. My mood shot up ten fold and I was suddenly excited for this trip. Sure, these feelings came about three days late, but later’s better than never.

"This trip is going to be great." I said, grabbing Jared’s free hand. He looked at me and smiled. I was tempted to kiss him, but that would most likely result in an accident.

We got to the airport and parked the car in a special parking building where his car would be stored until we got back.

"Tickets, please." The woman at the desk said, sounding like we were disapproving to her. Jared took them out of his back pocket and handed them to her.

She looked at us over her glasses, then back at the tickets. She entered something into the computer and gave us our tickets back along with stickers for our bags.

"Your flight starts boarding in about a half hour, so you may have a seat."

"Thanks." Jared and I said, grabbing my hand and leading me to a seat by the window.

We sat in the two person bench and stared out the window, looking at all the planes coming in and leaving.

"You’re Beau Bokan, right? And Jared, from Blessthefall?"

We both jumped at the sudden female voice. We turned around and saw a girl that had to be a little younger than Eric.

"Yeah, that’s us." I said, smiling. "What can we do for you?"

"Pictures and autographs? Possibly a hug?" She said, smiling.

"Sure, we’d love to." Jared said, taking the girl’s camera. We took a group picture and autographed her tote bag she was carrying.

"What flight are you guys on?" She asked.

"Hawaii. What about you?" I asked.

"Boston." She said, sounding bummed.

"Awww that sucks, well maybe we’ll see you at a show soon." Jared said.

She smiled. "Yeah, hopefully."

Our flight announced over the loud speakers.

"Alright, well I guess that’s us. It was nice meeting you—" I said, realizing that we never asked her name.

"Ashley." She said, hugging both of us before we left. "Have a good trip."

"Same to you." Jared and I said. We pulled our bags behind us and showed the flight attendant our tickets. She ripped off the bottom part and let us through. "Have a good flight."

We smiled at her and went through the tunnel into the plane, not having to go too far back to find first class. We put our bags in the overhead storage and took a seat in the comfy blue chairs.

"This is the way to fly, I’m tellin’ ya." I said, looking at Jared, who looked back at me and smiled. We leaned across the arm rests and our lips met for a short moment. We parted when other people started boarding the plane.

"You think we’ll make it to the bathroom for a little privacy?" Jared asked seductively. I could see in his eyes that he was resisting the urge to feel me up, worried that I might moan a little too loud and people would give us weird looks.

I laughed. "No. We’d probably rock the plane."

This sent Jared into a fit of laughter. People gave us weird stares, but we could really care less.

Once his laughter subsided, he rested his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. "Oh god, I love you Beau."

I smiled. "I love you, too."

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to American Airlines. Before we take off, we must go through safety. Everybody fasten your seatbelts as the lovely stewardesses demonstrate all the precautions. Have a good flight and thank you for choosing American Airlines." Once the pilot went off the air the engines started as the stewardesses showed where the oxygen masks, puke/hyperventilation bags, and life preservers were located. Once they started talking about the emergency exit doors, I stopped paying attention. When they started talking about food and refreshments, though, my head perked up. Jared noticed and laughed a little.

It seemed to take forever to get through everything, but once the plane started moving a combination of fear and excitement pumped through my veins. I grabbed onto Jared’s hand tightly. He started massaging it with his thumb, trying to relax me. He was whispering things like "it’s gonna be okay" and "we’ll be in the air before you know it." It helped a little, but I was still squeezing his hand to the point where I thought I’d break it.

Once the pilot came over the intercom and said that we could unfasten our seatbelts and that refreshments would be passed out shortly, I relaxed, feeling drained. I looked at Jared in embarrassment. "Sorry about that. That first part always freaks me out." I said quietly.

"I’d say, you almost broke my hand." He said, laughing, massaging his hand.

I hugged him. "I’m sorry."

He laughed quietly, quiet enough so only I could hear. "You can make it up to me tonight." I heard his voice deep in his chest.

I giggled, closing my eyes. "I can think something up." I sat up before I fell asleep like that. I could hear my side screaming in pain if I slept like that.

"Hello, can I get you two anything?" One of the stewardesses asked, pushing a silver cart full of food.

"Hmm.." I appraised the over priced food and saw nothing of any interest. "I’ll just have a Sprite. Jared? You want anything? I’ll pay." I pulled a twenty out of my wallet.

"I’ll just have a Sprite, too." He said.

"Oh, this is on the house." She said, bringing out two cans of Sprite.

We looked at each other funny. "Oh...okay, thanks." I said slowly.

She laughed. "You two don’t know me, do you? Of course you wouldn’t. I’m Casey’s girlfriend, Trisha. I’m the one that got you two the tickets."

"Oh, really? He didn’t even mention you at the party." I said, everything making a lot more sense now.

"I told him not to. I wanted to introduce myself." Trisha said. She started giggling. "Matt and Casey were right, you two are cute. Well, if you need anything, don’t be afraid to yell for me, alright?"

"Will do, thanks so much, Trisha." Jared said.

"She was cute. Bubbly. No wonder her and Casey are together." I said, opening my soda and setting it on the fold out table. I looked at Jared. "Are you excited?" I asked quietly.

He smiled and nodded, looking inside his soda can, playing with the tab.

The flight soon got boring quickly. I looked around the first class cabin and the only other people in here with us were an old couple, who were sleeping. I smirked and looked out of the corner of my eye at Jared, who was staring out the window.

"Hey Jared." I whispered.

"Hmm?" He said, sounding like he just came out of a zone.

"We’re the only people in this part of the plane besides that sleeping old couple."

He got the same mischievous look on his face I had. "You thinking what I’m thinking?" He asked, lightly brushing his finger along my jaw line. I leaned to kiss him, and wasn’t shy about it. I grabbed the back of his head so he’d stay there.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled away from Jared’s delectable lips and pulled it out. It was a text from Eric.

Hey, I need to talk to u. it’s kinda important.

I replied:

ill call u tonite after we get to the hotel. It’s not about Miranda, is it?

I flipped my phone shut and put it on silent. "Alright, no more interruptions. Where were we?"

"I think we were right-" Jared grabbed my waist and pulled me into his lap, straddling him. He smirked. "Here."

I smiled. "Good place to pick up again." Our lips met again. I thought I heard the sliding door open where the flight attendants were staying, but it’d close again shortly after, followed by a fit of giggles.

I eventually fell asleep in Jared’s arms, leaning up against the plane window. He fell asleep as well, because I woke up for a short time and his head was resting on my shoulder. I smiled groggily and kissed the top of his head, falling asleep again.

I was rudely awakened by someone shaking my shoulder. I looked around with half closed eyes, barely seeing that it was Trisha waking me up.

"Mmm?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"We’re going to be landing soon, so you need to get your seatbelt on again." She said, smiling uncontrollably.

I smiled back at her, feeling drunk. "Okay, thanks." I looked back at Jared who was also just waking up.

"Morning." I said, kissing him lightly before moving back into my own seat.

He laughed. "I think it’s more like four in the afternoon, Beau."

"Oh." I said, feeling unphased. "That makes sense."

He laughed again. "You are so funny when you’re half asleep." He messed up my hair as I was putting on my seatbelt.

"Maybe I won’t break your hand this time." I said, smiling and yawning.

"Yeah, maybe." He said, taking my hand anyways.

But it was the exact opposite. Going down was worse than taking off. Jared tried hiding his pain, but I knew he was hurting. I smiled for less than a second. Another thing to make up to him tonight.

I barely held in a scream as I thought that we were gonna crash. I wanted to hug Jared and hide my face in his chest, but I was basically suctioned to the seat. When we started slowing down, my tension let up a little, now getting out of the mindset that we were all gonna die, that the plane is in fact not going to crash and break into a million pieces. No one was going to die in a bloody mess of dented metal and mangled bodies. I started breathing again.

When we got to the ground my ears popped and I got an instant headache. I could barely hear anything.

I expected the airport to be some sort of awesome bamboo building with palm trees and hula dancers and ukeleles, but it was just like the other airport except for the fact that people here were about four times darker than we were. I felt like a ghost. I grabbed Jared’s hand and massaged it, still feeling bad for squeezing it so hard.

"I probably bruised it.." I said regretfully.

"It feels fine." Jared protested.

"I should’ve told you I was afraid of taking off and landing in planes.." I felt like beating myself up.

Jared pulled me towards the bathrooms, my luggage barely able to keep up. He pushed me through the big swinging door and into the big handicapped stall. He got right up against me and took my shoulders, looking straight into my eyes. "Beau. Listen to me." He shook me after every word. "I. Am. Fine. It’s not bruised, it’s not broken, it doesn’t hurt. My hand is fine. I’ll live." He wrapped his arms around me. "And you thought I worried about you too much." He kissed me briefly.

I smiled. "I think we should get out of here before other people start coming in."

"Mhm, good idea." He picked up his bag and I followed him out of the bathroom.

There was a taxi waiting outside for us when we got out.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Bokan, Mr. Warth. Trisha said I would be taking you to your hotel?" The cab driver asked.

Was it me or was this playing out like a movie?

"Are you gonna be our escort all week..?" Jared asked, putting our bags in the trunk.

"Oh, no, you have a rental car waiting in the hotel parking lot, courtesy of the...other...Mr. Bokan." He said, driving off as Jared and I got in.

"I’m gonna have to hurt him." I said to myself. Jared must’ve heard me because he elbowed me and gave me one of those "just enjoy it" looks.

Definitely like a movie.

The hotel room was beyond amazing. Marble counter tops in the bathroom, feather pillows on the king sized bed, a big screen, flat screen TV, digital cable with the works, and to top it all off, a hot tub in our room.

The smile I had on my lips got even bigger as I scoped out the rest of the room. I felt like a kid in a candy store. My bags fell out of my hands and I ran towards the bed, jumping onto it. "This bed is so comfy!" I said. Jared jumped into it two seconds later. "Is it more comfortable now?" He asked quietly, a smile permanently glued to his face. I rolled over until I was on top of him. "Now it is." I smirked and kissed him. Jared flipped me over and now he was on top of me, our lips still connected. We parted for air.

"At least you don’t have to worry about rolling off this bed." I said, before Jared came back for more.

He pulled away, unable to control his laughter. "This is true." He said, looking at me through his hair.

He was so gorgeous.

My phone started digging into my side.

"Ow, ow, ow. Phone digging into hip." I said, trying to get to it without getting him off me.

He moved off anyways and I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing that I had one new text. I blew it off and threw my phone on the table, beginning to feel Jared up all over the place, wanting his sexy body all over mine. I’d been so restless on that plane, and I could tell Jared was too.

After about an hour, Jared asked if I wanted to go to dinner. Some really fancy place he saw on the way here. I wasn’t up for fancy, though. "How about we go to a bar? They have bitchin’ food, and I’m not really feelin’ fancy tonight." I traced the lines on his chest.

He giggled and moved his hair out of his face. "Alright, I guess we can do that." Our lips met softly before we got up and got dressed. Jared grabbed the keys to the rental car (a Ford Mustang, bitchin’!) and we headed out, making sure to bring at least one hotel key with us so we don’t get locked out.