Could Tell a Love

Could Tell A Love Ch. 5

We were all sitting at the table around some KFC buckets, gnawing on chicken wings and legs. I didn’t know if anyone else felt the pressure of this situation, but I’m surprised it hasn’t pushed me through the floor yet. I couldn’t stand it, but I couldn’t do anything drastic. I looked at Miranda, who locked eyes with me and smirked, nodding. I saw her eyes look towards the bedroom and back at me. I knew exactly what she meant, and I didn’t know if I was up for it.

I shrugged and the smirk was wiped clean from her face. It was completely serious.

"Beau, can I talk to you for a second?"She said, scooting away from the table, myself following. We went into the living room and she turned sharply, standing an inch from my face.

"Are you still in on this or not?" She asked quietly so no one would hear us.

I sighed, not believing myself for thinking this. "I was thinking about staying with him til tomorrow, and then set it up..." I paused, regaining my confidence. I didn’t want to do this. "...set it up so he catches us on our 6 month." I said, quietly, ashamed. "It would hit him harder than catching us tonight, and I don’t think I’m up for it tonight."

Miranda’s smile got wider as I further explained myself. "Genius. Absolutely genius. That’s perfect. You two can snuggle up close and then tomorrow BAM! He’s in for the biggest surprise of his life." She sounded so evil and full of revenge.

I didn’t like it so much. I looked at the floor, feeling small, moving the individual loops of carpet with my big toe.

"Come on, Beau. You’re doing the right thing. Don’t think about it like that. Think about it as if Eric was the bad guy. He’s cheated on you with 20 some people. You’re only cheating on him with me." She said, leading me to the couch.

"I try, but it just comes back to me feeling like the scum bag." I said, staring straight at the TV, seeing our reflections.

Miranda grabbed my cheek and turned my face towards hers. She brushed the stray piece of hair on my cheek out of the way. I stared straight into her eyes. The most amazing eyes I’ve ever seen on a girl were hers. I reached and put my hand on the back of her neck, pulling her closer and kissing her.

She laughed. "I thought you wanted to wait?"

I let all of my guards down. "You’re too beautiful to resist." Our lips met again and she tasted like strawberries. It must’ve been her lip gloss.

"Hey, what are you two talking about? Did someone die?" Sarah asked, coming through the doorway. I heard her gasp just as we parted, looking at her.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" She whispered, looking in the kitchen, checking on Eric.

"Don’t tell. Don’t you fuckin tell." Miranda said menacingly.

"Not a word. Just get back out here, Eric’s wondering."

I sighed. "Alright." I got up and followed Sarah back into the kitchen. We all sat back down at the table.

"What took you so long?" Eric asked, rubbing the inside of my leg underneath the table. I almost moaned but held it back, biting my bottom lip. I looked at him mischievously and he looked back, a spark of excitement in his eyes.

"Not now." I whispered, grabbing another piece of chicken. "There are people here." I smiled and took a bite off my wing.

He sighed. "Fine. Later." He nodded and gave me his suggestive stare.

I nodded in response and looked back at Miranda, now looking like the happiest person in the world. She was happy her plan was working. Our plan. My plan.

I lost my appetite quickly and dropped the barely eaten piece of chicken on my paper plate. Later didn’t have the same effect on me as it did before. This is probably going to be the last intimate relationship with Eric I ever have, even more extreme, the last good relationship with him ever.

"So, lets figure out sleeping arrangements." Eric said, sounding overjoyed for some reason. Probably excited for what was coming up sooner than I thought.

"I call couch!" Sarah said, plopping down on it. I held in my laughter. The things that were done on that couch...and she will never know.

"Where does that leave you, Miranda?" I asked.

"I’ll sleep on the floor by Sarah." Miranda said simply. She’s one of the things that were done.

"But we aren’t going to sleep now, are we? It’s only 9:30." Sarah said, getting up.

"Well of course not! We’re not losers like that. What are we gonna do?" Eric asked.

"Truth or dare?" Miranda offered.

"Are we 13?" I asked. I knew exactly where she was going with that.

"Then how about spin the bottle?" Sarah asked.

"Again, I-"

"That’s a great idea!" Miranda said, grabbing an almost empty bottle of Malibu and finishing it off, setting it on the floor. "Alright, circle around the bottle. Everyone knows how this game works, right?"

"Of course." Eric said.

"Good. I’ll start." Miranda spun the bottle. I prayed that it wouldn’t land on me. It stopped at Sarah.

Everyone laughed. Sarah seemed completely fine with it, Miranda, not so much. They leaned across the circle and their lips touched for half a second. Sarah just laughed and spun. It started slowing and it landed on Eric. Sarah immediately started blushing and giggling as everyone in the circle let out a collective "ooh".

Eric and Sarah leaned in slowly and their lips touched.

I cringed.

"Alright Eric, spin the bottle." Miranda said.

He did so and, surprisingly and luckily, it landed on me. A huge smile spread across my face. We leaned in the circle and our lips met. We even went farther and got our tongues into it. I heard Sarah giggling again. She must be enjoying this. I grabbed onto the back of Eric’s head with the hand that wasn’t holding me up and grabbed a chunk of his hair, making sure not to pull on it too hard.

"Alright, lover boys, I think you’ve had enough fun." Miranda pulled on the back of my shirt.

We parted, smiling, and sat back down.

"Next we should do seven minutes in heaven." Eric said, biting his bottom lip, putting on his seductive face.

I smiled and laughed at him. He was ready to go any time now. I guess tonight was not the night to have people over. I have a feeling me and him are gonna be up all night.

"How about we finish this game and decide what’s next from there." Sarah said.

Eric pouted. "Fine."

"Alright Beau. You’re the only one left. Spin it."

I reached out and spun the bottle, hoping I would get something decent. It started slowing down and my heartbeat sped up. Everyone watched the bottle intently. On it’s last spin it looked like it was going to go to Eric, but it stopped short, stopping at Miranda. We locked eye contact and I felt nervous. I never kissed her in front of him before. We kissed and the awkward feelings went away, replaced with bliss. We almost pulled a Eric and I, but we stopped before that could happen. The game was over sooner than anticipated. Sarah went to go change into her pajamas and Eric followed, doing the same. Which just left Miranda and I alone. Her smile faded. "I’m getting vibes that you don’t wanna do this anymore."

"I never wanted to do this in the first place. I have to." I said in a monotonous voice.

"Beau? Can you come here for a minute?" I heard Eric call from down the hall.

I got up and felt grateful that I escaped Miranda’s criticisms. I got to our bedroom and opened the door. I was yanked into the bedroom, the door slammed shortly thereafter. Eric pressed me up against the wall, kissing and biting softly at my neck.

I could barely speak. I let out a whisper. "I’m not gonna let you have all the fun."

I grabbed his shoulders and turned, pressing him up against the wall, grinding on his sexy body, repeating the same kissing and biting.

We finally made it to bed, and like I predicted, we didn’t get to sleep til around 3 in the morning. Before falling asleep, hearing Eric’s soft snores in my ear, I let my tears of regret escape. I felt like I should be put on death row for what I’m doing. It’s so wrong to betray someone you love, even if that someone is betraying you. My eyelids fell closed and I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.