Could Tell a Love 2

Could Tell A Love 2 Ch. 12

I went by Eric and helped him onto the couch, putting my arm around his shoulder. "Eric, it’s gonna be okay."

He looked up at me, then at Daniel. His expression turned cold and hard towards him. "Get out. I don’t wanna see you again."

Daniel sighed and started walking out, closing the door softly behind him.

"He’s just a problem maker, isn’t he?" Matt asked, also putting his arm around Eric’s other shoulder.

"More like a relationship ruiner." Jared said. "I’m so glad you didn’t pursue him, Beau."

My words got caught in my throat for a second after he said that. "Yeah, me neither. He’s a total ass."

In the back of my mind were different thoughts. Was I technically pursuing him by making out with him twice? Or were those just considered flings? Would I go after him again? I felt like I was turning out more and more like Eric lately. My head started hurting with everything that was going on inside it. I was worrying about Eric, worrying about Miranda, worrying about Jared, and on top of that, I had to worry about myself.

I needed to let this all out to somebody. I think I needed to talk to Miranda. I pulled out my phone and texted her, saying that I was coming over alone in five minutes. Now the only problem was trying to peel Jared away from me.

"Hey, Jared, I have to go talk to Miranda, alone. I’ll be back in a little while, okay?" I told him, kissing him lightly, his arm around my shoulder.

"Are you sure you wanna go by yourself?" Jared asked, just as I thought he was going to.

I nodded. "I’m sure."

"Well, how about we kick everyone out first, and then you can go. I don’t feel right staying here without you here too." He explained quietly.

"This house is as much yours as it is mine. You should feel welcome at all times." I said, squeezing his side, pulling him closer against me.

"Yeah, I know. I still haven’t gotten used to that." He said, laughing, kissing me again.

"Alright, take the make out somewhere else. No one wants to see that." Mike said, getting up and stretching.

"Maybe you all should go somewhere else, then, so we can continue without the interruptions." I said. When they didn’t seem to be going anywhere, Jared and I kissed again. This time everyone left. Jared and I parted and smiled. "I wonder how they’re all gonna fit in that one car." Jared said.

I laughed. "They should have fun with that." I jumped onto Jared’s lap, straddling him, wrapping my legs around his waist, kissing him again.

The guilt of making out with Daniel behind Jared’s back was prevalent, but it slowly faded as our make out got more intense. Nothing could ever beat this, not even Daniel. Maybe I didn’t have to tell Jared about what happened in my bedroom. As long as we didn’t get in each others’ pants I’m fine. But coming back to Jared and I, I was thinking that five minutes I told Miranda was going to turn into 50.

I pulled away from Jared, smiling. "I think I should get to Miranda’s. I told her I was leaving in five minutes fifteen minutes ago." I pushed his hair off his cheek, my hand staying there.

He leaned in for a final kiss before lifting me off his lap and setting me lightly down on the couch. "Alright, see you in a little bit."

I gave him another quick peck before grabbing my keys. "Bye." I shut the door and got into the car. I drove off before I had any doubts in what I was doing and got to Miranda’s house. I knocked on her door and she let me in.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" She asked, sitting on the couch with me.

"Daniel’s coming after me now that Eric’s off limits. He knows that I am, too, though, and it’s getting so frustrating. I can’t tell Eric or Jared or anyone else, so I came to you. I just needed to get it off my chest."

"So what exactly were you two doing in your room?" She asked.

"He started making out with me after we talked. I feel horrible because Jared has no clue what went on."

"Well if you just tell him that he started it and you tried telling him no.." Miranda started.

"But see the thing is..I kinda liked it. A lot." I admitted.

She was quiet. "Oh. I see." She sighed. "He just needs to stay away from you and Eric, I swear. I hope today’s events told him off once and for all."

"Yeah, that makes two of us. I already have enough stress in my life, I don’t need another one." I rested my chin in the palm of my hand. "I’m so glad I have someone to talk to about all this shit. I would probably explode if I couldn’t get it all out to somebody."

There was a silence between us before Miranda said, "You should probably get home so Jared doesn’t start freaking like he usually does." She smiled at me, and it wasn’t one of her fake "I want you out of my house" ones.

I smiled back. "Yeah, probably. Just call me and tell me how things are going, alright?"

"Will do. See ya, Beau." She said as I got up and headed toward the front door.

"See ya." I closed the door and headed back towards my house, feeling a lot better. It’s amazing how letting one simple thing off your chest can make you feel a thousand times better.

I shut the door to my house and Jared wasn’t in the living room.

"Jared, I’m back! How do you feel about getting naked?" I asked, barely containing my laughter.

He came down the hall. "I don’t know about that. That might not work out so well."

"Aww, come on." I said as he stepped right in front of me. "You know you want to." I traced down the middle of his chest, seductive smirk spread across my face.

"I never said I didn’t want to, but," Jared paused, slipping off my shirt. "I’d much rather see you naked first."

I followed by taking his shirt off as well. "How about we get naked together."

He kissed me fiercely, undoing my belt and fly. My pants fell slowly there after, Jared’s following.

Before we got any farther, I pulled away from Jared and looked at the floor, feeling terrible.

"Beau, what’s the matter?" Jared asked quietly, going to hug me again.

I sighed. "We have to talk."

We pulled out of our hug and sat on the couch. "About what?" Jared asked.

I wanted to tell him what happened in the bedroom between Daniel and I, but at the same time, I didn’t. I didn’t want to risk it, but I figured that telling him now would be better than telling him later. Even so, the trust we’ve built over the whole time we’ve been together will most likely be damaged severely, and I couldn’t imagine Jared not being able to trust me.

"Well, when Daniel and I were talking in my room earlier about what happened, he started getting really touchy-feely. I tried telling him no, but he wouldn’t leave me alone. And then the situation kind of escalated and he ended up...making out with me." I said, getting it out in almost one breath. It didn’t matter how fast I got the words out, Jared’s expression was still the same hurt face I imagined before I said anything. I hugged Jared. "I am so sorry. I didn’t want to, he practically made me.." I explained, which was partially true.

He rubbed my back softly, resting his chin on my shoulder. "I believe you, kind of."

I pulled away from his hug and looked at him, extremely confused. "Kind of?"

"Yeah, because I know for a fact that you’ve always had a little crush on him ever since we met him at Best Buy." Jared said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"That was before I realized he was a jackass. It’s not like I still like him like that after what he did to Miranda and Eric. Do you really think I’d let him do that to us?"

"No, of course not, Beau.." Jared started, grabbing my cheek.

"Then why are you accusing me of cheating on you with him? I would never do that."

"It’s just.." He paused, taking a deep breath in. "The only thing that really bugs me about this is that you promised that nothing like this would happen again, but it did, and it could’ve been prevented."

"How could I have been prepared for something like that..?"

"It’s called self control, Beau, maybe you should get some." His words came out more harshly than I was ready for. The tears of regret that I had been holding in finally came out with that sentence. Along with that regret came anger. How could he say that I lacked in self control? I shot up off the couch and got dressed silently, ignoring whatever he had to say. I grabbed a sweatshirt off the hook and slammed the door. I didn’t even bother grabbing my keys, I needed to walk this off.

Every person I passed gave me weird looks, but I ignored them, letting the tears fall down my face. I ended up at the park downtown where we did the photo shoot on our one year anniversary. I sat on one of the swings, letting my feet drag. I saw each individual teardrop fall onto the sand, leaving a wet, darkened circle.

I heard someone sit in the swing next to me. I brushed my hair in front of my face so whoever it was wouldn’t see I was upset and ask what’s wrong. I don’t need anyone outside of who’s involved to know.

"You told Jared?" I heard Daniel’s voice quietly beside me, full of sadness.

I just looked at him, then at the sand again, not saying a word.

"Did you guys split?"

I shook my head and sniffled. "I have a feeling that he doesn’t trust me anymore, though." I gained more composure and got off my swing. "I should get back there and try to work this whole thing out. Jared’s probably worried about where I am or what I’m doing." More so what I’m doing rather than my location. I could’ve started cutting on the swing, but there were little kids all over, and that would do nothing short of devastate them.

"Alright, see you around." Daniel said as I started walking off. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Jared.

"Beau?" Jared answered.

"I’m sorry."

"I know you are, and I am, too. I never should’ve said that. Where are you? I can come get you."

"No, that’s okay. I’ll walk. I just want some time to think."

"Alright, but don’t stay out too late, otherwise I will worry."

I smiled a little. "I know, I’ll see you in a little while. Love you."

"Love you, too. Bye."

I closed my phone and looked back at Daniel, looking lonely on that swing.

My mind started going back and forth between going to sit with Daniel again or walking back to my house. The Daniel idea starting becoming more appealing as I thought about what Jared said. I should get with Daniel, just to show him how much self control I "don’t" have. My mind started telling me to back out of it, but my legs led me back to my swing.

"Hey, wanna go to your place?" I asked, already feeling that this was going to turn out for the worst.

Daniel had a surprised look on his face. "What?"

"Wanna go to your place? You know, hang out?" I asked again.

"I thought you were going back to Jared?" He asked, his face changed from surprised to worried and somewhat pleased, a small smirk forming on his lips.

"I’m kinda pissed at him ‘cause he told me that I have no self control."

"You have plenty of self control. It’s Eric who needs more of that."

I let out a short laugh. "You’re telling me." I sighed, looking at the ground. I saw drops that weren’t from me falling on the ground. I looked up and a rain drop hit me right in the eye.

"Ow! Hey, you wanna get going before we get soaked?" I asked him.

"Are you sure you wanna come over?" Daniel asked again, getting off his swing as I got off mine.

"Yeah, lets go." I held out my hand, waiting to see if he would take it or not. He hesitated, then grabbed my hand and we started walking. I put my hood up as the rain started getting heavier. "We might have to start running if this gets any worse." Daniel said, looking at me, smiling.

"Nah, I’m not afraid of a little rain. Besides, it feels nice, I think." I held my hand up, letting the drops hit my hand.

"So why did Jared say you have no self control?" Daniel asked.

I put my hand down. "I promised him that nothing like that would ever happen again, and it happened again."

"I’m sorry." Daniel said, running into me gently, giving me sincere apologetic eyes over his glasses.

I almost giggled at how cute he looked. I smiled and pushed him back. "It’s alright, he’ll get over it. He’s not the type to hold grudges."

"He might not get over it if we end up doing anything at my house." Daniel said quietly.

I looked at him and his cheeks were slightly tinted red as he concentrated on the cracks in the sidewalk. "Are you suggesting something?"

"I’m just saying, stuff happens, and we don’t know what’s gonna happen."

"Well, lets just hope nothing happens that I’m gonna regret." I said, also concentrating on the cracks in the sidewalk, stepping over them, feeling 8 years old again.

"Hopefully what does happen you won’t regret." Daniel added on. I looked up again, looking into his eyes. They were so sweet and innocent. I found myself leaning in toward his lips. My mind screamed against it, but I was already too far to back out. We stopped walking and our lips met softly, sweetly. I grabbed onto his shoulders as he grabbed onto mine. We parted and I smiled, blushing a little. He was smiling, too. We started walking again, our fingers still intertwined, saying nothing. A smile was glued on my face. Maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought it would be.