Could Tell a Love 2

Could Tell A Love 2 Ch. 14

Two Weeks Later...

My sun was coming along quite nicely, even though it has taken me a little over two weeks and it was still in the works. Daniel’s tree was looking alive, along with all the other extra scenery that he added around it as he’s been going. I’ve been thinking about putting misty fog around it, but with Daniel’s scene being so happy, I think the fog would bring down the happiness factor. I asked him anyways, since he was the art genius out of the two of us.

"Hey, I need your artistic opinion. Should I add the fog I was gonna add at the beginning? Or would it put a downer on the happiness in your drawing?" I asked.

He laughed and came over by me. "The happiness in my drawing? Beau, you make me laugh sometimes. I think the fog would be a nice touch, but don’t overdo it, otherwise it might put a ‘downer on the happiness’." He said, having himself a good laugh over my reasoning. I flung blue paint at him (paint flinging has become an almost daily ritual when we’re painting.) Daniel always wears his contacts whenever I’m over now, which makes it easier to fling paint. I barely recognized him without glasses at first, but I’ve gotten used to it.

"Shhh, don’t hate. You’re just jealous." I said, getting down from my ladder, searching for the foggy colors. I found gray, purple, and blue shades that worked perfectly. I used the sponge technique until I didn’t exactly know how to make it swirl like I imagined it.

"Uh, Daniel, another question." I said, feeling kind of obnoxious.

"What’s up?" He asked, looking back at me.

"I wanna make it swirl. How do you do that, exactly, without making it look like crap?"

"Oh, here, lemme show you. By the way, nice job with the sponge effect on the fog." He said, getting off his ladder and coming over by me, climbing on the ladder with me. He wrapped his arm around my waist for balance, getting right up against me so he could reach. "Alright, so basically, it’s like what I was doing with the tree before I started adding color to it. Just curve it how you feel, let the fog lead you." He said, letting his hand slide down to my hip.

I looked at him in disapproval. That look was enough. He moved his hand and placed it back on my waist. He started drawing swirling lines in the fog with a thin black paint brush, following behind it softly with the sponge, blending the line into the fog so it didn’t look so obvious. He handed the brush and sponge to me. "Now you can try."

I took both the sponge and brush and started mimicking Daniel’s actions, drawing swirls of all different sizes and intensities, following with the sponge.

"Wow, you catch on fast." Daniel complimented.

"I can’t help that you’re a great teacher." I said, smiling and blushing, looking into his eyes.

He was smiling as well. He started leaning slowly towards me. I absentmindedly leaned to meet him halfway and our lips met. Just as soon as the kiss started, it ended.

"God, why am I still doing this?" I sat on the top of the ladder and put my face in my paint covered hands. "Jared shouldn’t trust me. He really shouldn’t. I can’t even trust myself." It’s amazing how he still trusts me after everything I’ve been guilty of doing with Daniel. "We almost made it to bed with him just down the hall, and Jared still trusts me. I don’t deserve that."

"What the hell are you talking about, Beau? Of course you deserve him. And besides, you’re taking this whole thing way out of proportion. It was just a kiss, it’s not like we fucked or anything. And like I’ve always said, he doesn’t have to know. Does he know what happened the day you were mad at him?" Daniel asked, sitting a step below me.

"No, and it’s tearing me apart to keep it from him." I said quietly, and it has. I’ve barely gotten any sleep over it. Sleeping in the same bed as Jared makes me feel like a dirty scum bag whenever I think that he doesn’t know about what I did behind his back. "I mean, I told him that I thought about it, not that I actually did anything."

He put his hand on my knee. "Don’t worry about it. It’s not like anything that went on that day is gonna jeopardize your relationship. He knew you were mad at him."

"Just because I was mad didn’t mean I had to resort to..." I sighed. "I guess I could try and stop worrying about it."

Daniel patted my knee. "Are you gonna be okay? Do you wanna call it a day and get home?"

I looked at the ceiling, and it looked so unfinished, but I didn’t have the motivation to finish it today. "Lets call it a day."

"Alright, works for me." He said, getting off my ladder, going to wash off his brushes, full of natural browns and greens. "Do you want me to drive you? Or are we gonna walk?"

I looked out the window and saw that it was quite sunny. "I think it’s a walking day." I took off my (actually Daniel’s) shirt and looked around for mine. I found it on the floor outside of the painting room, along with my socks. Daniel came out in a clean shirt with a huge handful of brushes. I followed him to the kitchen and helped him clean off the brushes.

"So do you think next time I’ll be able to finish?" I asked, setting each brush on 4 layers of paper towel.

"I think so, yeah. It’s turning out really nice."

I smiled a little and blushed. "Thanks."

Once all the brushes were laying out to dry, we got our shoes on and headed in the direction of my house. Jared wouldn’t be there to greet me, he’s at Eric’s, hanging out with him and Miranda. He told me to meet him there when Daniel and I were done.

"So, you got any plans tonight?" Daniel asked, as if he almost read my mind.

"Yeah, I’m meeting Jared at Eric’s house, and we’re gonna hang out with Miranda."

"Do you know if she still hates my guts?" He asked quietly.

I shrugged. "I never asked her."

"I really hope not. I hate it when people hold grudges." Daniel said, crossing his arms over his chest, looking slightly uneasy.

I threw my arm around his shoulder. "Don’t worry. She’s not the grudging type. I’m sure she’s over it."

He put his arm around my waist. "Thanks, Beau."

We arrived at the end of my driveway and we stood there for a couple seconds. I stared into his eyes and had a hard time contemplating whether to just say bye and walk away or kiss him. Both sounded appealing, but the first one is obviously the more sensible choice.

Before I could do anything, Daniel already beat me to the kiss. He hugged himself tight against me. I wrapped my arms around him, not fighting it off. I’ll just let it go.

We parted, smiling. "See ya, Beau."

"Later, Daniel." We let go of each other and I ran into the house, grabbed my car keys and was on my way to Eric’s. It felt good to be alone for that little bit. I could think things through and not be interrupted. I pulled into Eric’s driveway and turned off my car. I sat there with my head on the steering wheel, trying to make the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach go away. How could I be doing this to him again? Why didn’t I learn after the first time...

My moans started getting uncontrollable. This was amazing.

"Oh god Eric, oh god..." I said repeatedly, each time getting louder. Eric was being just as loud, if not more.

Eric pulled out slowly and covered my mouth. "Shhh, we don’t want him hearing, now do we?" He asked in a low, seductive voice. He uncovered my mouth and I shook my head no, breathing heavily. I’m going to regret doing this for the rest of my life, but I don’t care. He is way too amazing to pass up. I pulled him to face me and our lips met fiercely. I slowly started to lay down on him as our tongues wrestled and our hands explored each others sweaty bodies. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Once we were both satisfied and out of energy, we passed out in the bed. Eric was staying with Jared and I for a couple days while he looked for a place to live.

I woke up in an empty bed. I yawned and sat up, stretching, opening my eyes to a pissed off Jared. I jumped at his presence. "Morning, Jared.."

"Don’t give me that shit. Don’t act like nothing happened between you and Eric last night. I can’t believe...I can’t even..." He stuttered, getting more upset.

"Jared...I didn’t mean for this to happen, at all."

"Obviously you did, because you’re here. Don’t try and play it off all innocently. I’ve believed that act too long, I’m not falling for your shit anymore." Jared yelled, tears streaming down his face.

I got out of bed, put pants on, and went over by him, wrapping my arms around him. "I’m so sorry." I started sobbing.

Jared’s stiff posture soon melted and he hugged me as well. "I know. Beau," He started. I looked at his sad face and all the regret I said I’d be feeling came rushing to me. "I don’t think I’ll be able to trust you, at least not for a while. I think we need to take a break. From each other."

"So we’re breaking up?" I whispered, hugging him tighter at the thought of not being in his arms. Why did I have to be so stupid and reckless.

"Not exactly breaking up. Taking a break and breaking up are two different things. I still love you, Beau, so much." He said, kissing me softly on the lips.

"I love you, too." I said weakly, not wanting to let go of Jared. I wanted this moment to last forever, just so I wouldn’t have to think about leaving him. I didn’t want to think about my life without him. Sure, he’s still in the band, and I’ll see him then, but it won’t be the same. "I’m such a dumbass."

"Maybe this will be for the better, though. Maybe after we spend some time away from each other, we’ll realize how much we really need each other." Jared said.

"I don’t need time away from you to know how much I need you." I said quietly, resting my head on his shoulder.

Jared sighed and sniffled. "Beau, please don’t make this any harder then it has to be. You’re not the only one that’s gonna be hurting after this." Jared whispered.

I held back a sob. "I know."

Jared backed away from our hug so only his hands were resting on my upper arms. He smiled a little, but it never reached his eyes, which were filled with extreme sadness. "So I’ll see you later." He said, looking at the floor, his smile fading almost instantly.

I nodded, trying my hardest to stop my tears from falling. "Yeah. See you."

He dropped his arms and let me in the room, alone. I sat against the bed and balled my eyes out...