Could Tell a Love 2

Could Tell A Love 2 Ch. 7

"Yeah, he’s still sleeping, when he said he was exhausted he wasn’t kidding...no, it wasn’t all from last night, god. We do have a relationship outside of the bedroom, you know."

I yawned and opened my eyes half way, looking at the clock. 2 in the afternoon? Damn. I must’ve been tired.

"I’m not saying that you guys didn’t have anything outside the bedroom, I’m just saying that...whatever, Eric, I’ll have him call you back when he wakes up...mmkay, bye." I heard him shut my phone and put it down, a little too hard for him to be content. I sat up and stretched, grabbing a shirt off the floor and throwing it on, walking down the hall into the kitchen, where Jared was making himself a sandwich. I hugged him from behind. "Morning. I heard you talking to Eric. Is everything alright?" I rested my head on his shoulder and looked up at him with concerned eyes.

He looked down and nodded. "It’s fine. He wants you to call him back. I guess it’s pretty urgent." He said, grabbing a plate from in the cabinet above him.

I yawned again, letting go of him to stretch. "I’ll call him later. If it’s more drama, I don’t need it this early." I grabbed a coffee cup out of the cupboard and poured myself an almost full cup.

"Beau, I don’t think 2 in the afternoon is early." Jared said with a mouth full of sandwich.

"Whatever, I just woke up, so it’s early." I grabbed my phone off the counter and set it on the table next to my cup. "So, you planning on doing anything today?" I asked, taking a drink.

He shrugged. "Nothing really. I just need a day to relax."

"Sounds like a good thing to do today." I agreed. "But I guess I should probably call Eric before he starts running up the walls." I flipped open my phone and called him.

"Beau?" He answered.

"What’s up, Eric? Jared said it’s urgent." I asked.

"I wouldn’t call it urgent, exactly, but anyways. So I’ve been thinking, and I think I want to marry Miranda. I was thinking about asking her on the day we exchange gifts for Christmas."

I was in shock, and it got even bigger when I realized that the day we exchange gifts was two days from now: December 23rd.

"Eric, that’s great! I’m so happy for you!" I said. "But you do realize that you’d be proposing to her in two days? Do you even have a ring?"

"Yeah, I went out and got one a while ago. You can’t tell Miranda, okay?"

"Well no shit. I’m not gonna ruin it for you!"

He laughed. "Alright, thanks so much. Miranda’s on the other line, so I gotta go. I’ll talk to you later."

"Alright, see ya." I flipped my phone down. "Oh my god, Jared! Eric’s proposing to Miranda!" I jumped out of my seat and hugged him.

"That’s awesome! I heard that he’s doing it on the 23rd." He said, also excited.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said, a permanent smile on my lips. "I’m so happy for them."

"Fatherly love kickin’ in?" Jared asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." I said. "But I’m worried about this whole thing at the same time."

"Why?" He asked, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Because of what happened yesterday. He said that he still has feelings for me, and I want him to be 100% devoted to Miranda if he’s gonna marry her."

"Maybe this is his way of breaking off from you completely."

"Hopefully. But the real question is, am I gonna be the best man or whatever the father does at the wedding?"

Jared bursted into a fit of laughter. "Only the bride’s father does something, Beau. You’d be a best man."

"Oh, right." I said, laughing as well. "I haven’t been to very many weddings in my life."

"Obviously." Jared said under his breath.

I elbowed him softly. "I still can’t get over worrying about that, though. I don’t want him to hurt Miranda."

"He won’t, don’t worry, because knowing you you’d absorb yourself into worrying way too much and get stressed." Jared said.

"I know, but sometimes I can’t help it. I should go talk to Eric about it."

"Want me to come with you?"

"No, I think I’ll be alright." I kissed him softly before dumping the rest of my coffee down the sink.

"Don’t be gone too long." Jared called from the kitchen as I got dressed.

I laughed to myself. "Oh, so now you’re not trusting me again?" I asked playfully.

"I can’t be too sure with you and Eric.." He said, playing along with me.

"I know, we just can’t keep our hands off each other." I walked out of my room, slipping on my shoes by the front door. Jared’s arms slipped around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "I’ll miss you."

"You, too." I kissed the top of his head and grabbed a sweatshirt and keys. "See ya later."

"Bye."

I closed the door and went to my car, not bothering to call him. I knew he was in a good mood.

I pulled into his driveway and saw Miranda’s car there, too. I turned off my car and sat there, contemplating on whether to go in or not. Who knows what they could be doing. I got out and decided to go in anyways. I opened the door and everything was quiet, thank god. They were just sitting there, watching TV.

"Oh hey, Beau! What’s up?" Eric said, in the good mood I expected.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to talk to you, but seeing as how she’s over here.."

"You say it like I’m some omen of bad luck or something." Miranda said.

"Oh, no, it’s not that, babe. I know what it’s about." Eric said, getting off the couch. "Come on in, we can talk back here."

"Alright." I walked back to his room with him and he closed the door.

"So what’s up?"

I sat down on the bed, and he followed. "I’m kinda..worried...about your decision to marry Miranda."

"Why would you be? You sounded ecstatic over the phone."

"Yeah I know, but then I thought about what you told me yesterday, how you still wanted to be with me? I just don’t wanna see Miranda hurt."

"Oh, right, that." Eric said, sounding a little uneasy.

"Jared said that you might be trying to break away from your want to be with me by marrying Miranda, and that’s great." I explained.

"You could say that, yeah." He said, laughing a little.

"So what are you planning to do? How are you gonna ask?" I asked, getting excited again.

"I was thinking about wrapping it as one of her presents and attaching a little note saying ‘would you marry me?’. What do you think?"

"I think that’s a great idea." I hugged him. "I’m so happy for you. Now, I am gonna be your best man, right?"

"Well yeah, obviously." We pulled away from each other.

"Good. Well I have to go. I promised Jared I wouldn’t be gone too long."

"Hey, you should invite that guy who gave you his number to chill with us one of these days. Maybe today? I have nothing better to do."

"Hmm, I could do that. Jared and I are bored out of our minds, too." I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I saw "Daniel."

"Well, I’m gonna head out. I’ll call you if the plans go through." I opened his door and put my phone to my ear, my heartbeat pounding faster with every ring that pulsed through my ear.

I heard the phone pick up after the 4th ring. "Hello?"

My words got caught in the back of my throat for a second, then I spoke up. "Hey, Daniel? This is Beau, from the store yesterday?"

"Oh, hey. Sup?"

"I was just wondering if you’d wanna hang out with me and my friends. They all wanna meet you, I guess." I said, laughing lightly.

"Umm..." He said, pausing for a second. "I don’t think I have anything going on today. I guess I could come and chill with you. Where do you live?"

"That depends on who you ask, actually. We don’t know where we’re gonna go yet."

"Oh, I see." He said, laughing. "Well, how about we meet up at Taco Bell, and we can go from there?"

"That works. Maybe we could all pig out there, too." I suggested.

"Sounds awesome. So when do you wanna meet up?"

"How about....an hour. Sound good?"

"Great. See you then."

"Yup, see ya." I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. "Hey, wanna come with us to Taco Bell in an hour?" I asked Miranda and Eric.

"Hellz yeah! Who wouldn’t wanna go on a T-Bell trip?!" Miranda said.

"I’ll call up everyone and tell them. Are we gonna do the two car thing again?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, sure, that worked well last time." I said. "And I’m gonna go and let Jared know what’s going on. He’s probably freaking out because I’ve been gone so long. I’ll see you guys in an hour. We’ll come get Miranda."

"Alright, see you, man." Eric said as I closed the door. I ran to the car and sped back to my house.

"Hey, I’m home." I yelled.

"I’m in here." I heard him call back. It sounded like he was in the shower.

I smirked. "Are you naked in any way?"

"Wouldn’t you like to know." Jared said slyly.

"Yeah, I would." I walked quietly up the hall and saw that Jared (unfortunately) had pants on, but his upper half was completely bare.

Complete sexiness.

He was just about to slip his shirt on until he saw me in the mirror.

I smirked again. "Don’t think about putting that shirt on."

He looked back at me. "I already thought about it." He put his shirt on the rest of the way, which saddened me slightly. He shook his head like a dog, drying off his hair and parting it.

"Dammit." I said, snapping my fingers.

"Oh come on. It’s not like you don’t see it enough already." He said, smiling, turning off the bathroom light and throwing his clothes in my room. He then turned and kissed me. "You promised you weren’t gonna be that long." He gave me puppy eyes.

"I know, I’m sorry. I got caught up in some shit..oh! Which reminds me. You know that guy from Best Buy? I called him and I told him that he could chill with us. He’s gonna meet us and the rest of the guys at Taco Bell in an hour. You up for it?"

"Sure, anything for a T-Bell trip."

I laughed and hugged him. "You have no idea how identical you and Miranda sounded just then."

"I can’t help that Taco Bell is the shit."

"I know you can’t." I said, kissing him again. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, which made Jared giggle. "Oh, Beau, stop it." He said jokingly.

I laughed and pulled it out. "Hello?"

"Hey, do you wanna just head out now? Everyone’s cool with a T-Bell trip." Eric asked.

"Sure, I’ll call Daniel and let him know."

"Awesome, see ya soon." I pressed the (rarely used) end button and called Daniel.

"Hey." He answered after the second ring.

"Hey, we were all wondering if you’d be ready, say, now?"

"Sure, I’ll see you guys in a little bit then."

"Awesome, bye." I flipped down my phone and pulled my keys out of my sweatshirt pocket. I turned back towards Jared. "Ready? We’re gonna pick up Miranda, too."

"Actually, she called me before you got here and said that she wasn’t feeling Taco Bell, which is really weird ‘cause she’s always in the mood for Taco Bell." Jared said, sounding slightly confused.

"Yeah, she even said that she wanted to go to Taco Bell." I said, opening the door, letting Jared go first.

"I know, but whatever. It’s her loss." Jared said, going to the car. I followed right behind him. We got in the car and jammed to Greeley Estates on the way to Taco Bell.

When we pulled into the parking lot, Matt, Mike, and Eric were already chillin’ by Daniel. We pulled up next to Matt’s car and got out.

"Hey Daniel!" I said, getting out, smiling almost uncontrollably. He was wearing more incredibly hot skinny jeans and another amazingly tight shirt. His hair was down today, though, but it still looked irresistibly cute.

"Hey." He said, waving. "Ready to get your Taco Bell on?"

"Oh yeah, fo sho. Lets kick it." I said, walking with the rest of the guys, Jared’s hand in mine.

Once we were all situated in the biggest booth, where we were still squished shoulder-to-shoulder. I was between Jared and Eric, and Eric was squished next to Daniel. I could see Daniel looking Eric up and down with curious eyes. Eric seemed to notice, too. He smiled bashfully and blushed.

I really hope he didn’t fall for Daniel’s sheer cuteness.