Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 12

Two Weeks Later...

Miranda’s POV

"I never thought I’d be doing this." I said in a whisper while Daniel was kissing up and down my neck.

"Yeah, me neither." He said, making his way back up to my lips.

I pulled away. "We really shouldn’t do this..."

He cut me off with another kiss. I tangled my fingers in his hair while he kept his hands on my hips, just below my ticklish spot.

I pulled away again. "I’m married."

"You’re split for now. You didn’t promise, did you?" He asked quietly, seductively, sexily.

"No, not exactly, but marriage is kinda..."

His lips collided with mine once more, cutting me off once again. I didn’t bother arguing anymore. He felt too amazing to give up. He pushed me over so he fell on top of me.

We parted. "I don’t think I wanna do this." I said quietly, looking at the floor.

He turned my face to face his again. "I’m not gonna force myself on you or anything, but I think we have something."

"And, honestly, I’m not feeling it, Daniel. Not anything real deep, at least." I admitted.

"Are you feeling something deep enough to go through with this?" He asked quietly, brushing my hair out of the way. I realized that my hands were still on his chest, but I couldn’t move.

I sighed and looked straight into his eyes, which were still the piercing green of his contacts, and shook my head. "No, I’m sorry."

He looked away for a few seconds, then turned back to me. "Then could we just have a couple more minutes like this? Is this acceptable for you?" He played with the zipper on my hoodie.

I smirked and nodded. "I think this is good."

He smiled and attacked me with kisses again. I had to try really hard to control myself from going all the way. I didn’t really consider it cheating unless I go all the way.

By the end of our make out session, I would say I was a little too familiar with Daniel than I was comfortable admitting, and he knew me waaay too well.

"I think you should go, just in case Eric or someone else calls." I said.

"Are you gonna tell?" He asked, caressing my jaw line.

I shook my head. "They don’t need to know."

He smiled and kissed me. "I’ll call you sometime soon, kay?"

"Kay." I said, kissing him once more before he got up and left.

My phone started ringing. I looked at it. Eric. Perfect timing.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi, how’s the Daniel situation looking?" He asked.

I started feeling guilty after hearing his voice. "He came over and I told him to stay away from us. He listened surprisingly." I lied.

"Did he try and do anything to you?" Eric asked, concerned.

"No, I guess he still knows that I hate his guts." I lied again, feeling like I’ve been telling him the same thing for the past two weeks.

"Okay, good." He sighed. "Would it be okay to say I miss you?" He sounded like a puppy, and imagining his face, he looked like one, too.

I sighed, not knowing what to say. "Of course you’re gonna miss me, but trust me, Eric, this is for the best."

"I know." He said quietly, sounding discouraged.

"Don’t make this any harder than it already is, Eric." I said.

"Then just take me back, Miranda." He said, the discouragement turning into hurt.

I shook my head, even though he couldn’t see. "It has to be like this for a little while longer."

"But why? You’re obviously ready to take me back now!" He argued.

"I’m obviously not. Look Eric, don’t make this difficult. You’re not gonna make me change my mind. I’m gonna go. I don’t want to argue with you about this anymore."

"Okay." He said, still sounding hurt.

"Love you." I said.

"I love you, too. Bye." Eric said, then hung up.

I flipped my phone closed and looked around the house. It felt so much more empty without someone else in it with you, and it was kind of scary.

I flipped my phone open and called Daniel.

"Hey baby, what’s up?" He answered after the second ring.

"This house is really scary without you here, can you stay with me tonight?" I asked.

"You don’t even have to ask. I’ll be over there in a few. See ya."

"Bye." I hung up and felt a little better, but still felt horrible for doing this to Eric. He sounded so desperate on the phone, like he needed me there right away. I knew better, but each day is getting harder. It hasn’t even been a month, which is what I was shooting for.

I heard a car pull into the driveway and a door slamming. There was a knock at the door.

I smiled and laughed to myself, getting up to open the door. "Daniel, you know you don’t have to knock to come in–" I opened the door and almost had a heart attack.

It definitely wasn’t Daniel standing on the porch. I couldn’t say anything.

"Kicked him out. Right. More like kicked him in." Eric said, royally pissed.

"Eric, please, let me explain.." I pleaded.

"What is there to explain? You’re fucking it up with Daniel, the biggest fucking man whore I’ve ever known, and you’re acting like nothing is wrong! What is wrong with you? You hate his fucking guts, unless he convinced you to think otherwise.." He scowled. "That’s just disgusting..."

"We never did anything like that..!" I tried explaining.

"Don’t start with that shit. I can’t believe anything you tell me anymore, can I? I’m glad I came over here now, I was regretting it at first, but now I know what’s going on. Oh, you know how pissed everyone’s gonna be at you, more so than I am right now?"

"Eric, please don’t.." I was almost on the verge of tears.

"I’m not letting this slip." He said sternly. "I left you alone for two weeks, only calling. I gave you what you wanted, and this is how you act? Fucking unbelievable."

I saw another car turn into the driveway. Eric looked behind him and his pissed off level shot up ten fold.

Daniel got out of the car and looked confused. "Eric? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." He said, not hiding his anger well at all.

"What’s going on..?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, don’t even give me that bullshit. You know exactly what’s going on. You are so fucking desperate, you know that? You get rejected by two people and you just go onto the third, who just so happens to be fucking married to one of the people who rejected you. Do you have any common sense at all? Can you not wrap your man whore-ish brain around the concept of people being taken?"

"You’re not any better, though. When I kissed you, you said you liked it. A lot." Daniel spat back, putting his hands on his hips.

"Eric. You told me you didn’t." I said, now feeling the anger that everyone else was feeling raging inside me.

He didn’t say anything, just glared at Daniel. He looked back at me again, still looking pissed. "At least I could say no." He said coldly before turning and walking to his car.

"Can I still come in?" Daniel asked.

I shook my head, tears filling my eyes. "No, just go."

"Are you gonna be.."

"Go." I said, then went in the house and slammed the door, locking it. I fell against the back of the door, sliding down it til I hit the floor, balling my eyes out. Everything that happened in the last five minutes was what I never wanted to happen. Now I don’t even know if Eric will want me back, or if I want him back if I know he still likes Daniel that way. I don’t even know if Daniel and I could’ve had anything. I hid my face and cried into my hands.

Eric’s POV

I can’t fucking believe it. I don’t know who I hate more right now, Miranda or Daniel. I could never actually hate Miranda, but she’s gotten me really pissed off.

I turned into Beau and Jared’s driveway, slammed the door, and stormed into the house.

"Eric, what the hell is wrong with you?" Beau said immediately.

"Eric, sit down." Jared said, leading me over to the couch. "What happened?"

"So I went over there, right? And I knocked. She yelled something, thinking that..." I took a deep breath to calm down before continuing. "She thought that I was Daniel. She was fucking expecting Daniel."

"What?!" Beau and Jared said in unison.

"Oh my god, I’m going to kick that guy’s ass so hard.." Jared said, fuming. "How could he do something like that?"

"Jared, Jared, no. There will be no ass kicking." Beau said, wrapping his arm around his shoulders, taking Jared’s hand in his free hand, massaging it.

"But he deserves it." Jared said. I saw tears forming in his eyes ‘cause he was so upset.

"No, Jared, there are other ways." Beau said quietly, lightly stroking his cheek.

He started crying into Beau’s shoulder, and Beau hugged him against him tightly, trying to comfort him as much as possible.

"What I wanna know is why Miranda actually gave into him. She hates him, at least she did." I said, then let out a heavy sigh. "I don’t think I’m gonna take her back for a while. Not after this."

I put my face in my hands, the good feeling I had when I woke up completely gone. I felt absolutely horrible. I didn’t want to believe what I just went through. I wanted to forget everything that happened and pretend that it’s all normal. That Miranda was never with Daniel, that Daniel was never even involved with anything.

"Eric, not taking her back would be the stupid thing to do. If you don’t take her back, then she has even more motivation to go to Daniel. You need to get her back, and you need to do it soon, otherwise you’re gonna lose her. I don’t want her to go to him. If there’s anyone I can really, truly hate, it would be Daniel. He’s so disgusting; a poor excuse for a human being.." Jared said, fuming, Beau massaging his shoulder and hand even harder, trying to direct his attention from his rant to him, talking softly, calming him down. I needed someone like that to calm me down right now, because I could probably punch a hole through a brick wall with all the anger and stress and sadness and worry that’s balled up in my system that I’m not letting out.

"I’m gonna go to bed, okay? I’ll see you in the morning." Jared said, kissing Beau before getting off the couch. "I love you."

"Love you, too. I’ll probably be in there in a little while." Beau said.

Jared left and went into their room. Once the door was closed, Beau scooted closer to me. "Now it’s your turn."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I know you’re still pissed about everything, and I’m not leaving you alone until you’re feeling at least a little better."

"I don’t think that’s gonna happen, not tonight. I don’t think I’m gonna feel better anytime soon." I said, picking at the couch, not making eye contact with Beau.

"Could you at least try and cooperate with me here?" Beau said, tilting my head up so I was looking at him.

I sighed. "Fine. Yes, I’m pissed. What I’m pissed at is obvious, more rather who. I don’t know whether to be pissed at Miranda or not, ‘cause I don’t know the whole situation, but I’m pretty sure I want Daniel to burn in hell. I’m also stressed and worried about our relationship and whether it’s going to be able to go after this. I want it to, but I don’t know if it can."

Beau grabbed my shoulders and shook me slightly. "Eric! Can you hear what you’re saying?! Just because of this one thing that Miranda did you’re not willing to take her back!? After all the hell you put her through when you were in her position, with the same person, nonetheless." He yelled. "You begged her to take you back, and she did, and you were far worse than she’s being right now. You didn’t deserve her when she took you back, and now you think she doesn’t deserve you for the same reason? And you’re not willing to take her back, even when she did? Come on, Eric, seriously? Can you be any more of a hypocrite?"

My lip started quivering and tears started welling up in my eyes. I wanted to tell him that he was right, that I was being a total hypocrite and that I shouldn’t even consider not taking her back, but I couldn’t get the words to come out. I was getting choked up. Beau slowly wrapped his arms around me tightly, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Don’t let her get away from you. Ever. This can all be forgiven, and you know that. She is the best thing you have right now, don’t ever forget that, okay?" He said quietly in my ear, then sighed. "You don’t wanna lose her, I know the feeling of losing the love of your life, and it’s not a good one."

"I know." I whispered. That was all I could say before all the emotions I’d been balling up and putting away finally came out in a wave of sobs and breakdowns, and Beau kept a tight hold on me through it all. It felt so good to be in his arms and not feel guilty about it. I knew that there wasn’t anything deep and serious in this hug, just the feeling of comfort. Just fatherly love.

"I have to call her. I don’t care about this whole separation shit anymore. I need her back. Without her life is becoming chaos all over again." I pulled out my phone and dialed her number.

She answered after the third ring. "Eric?" She said, sounding like she was in the middle of a breakdown.

"Come home. Please. It was obviously better before you left. I miss you, and I don’t ever wanna leave you. Fuck what Daniel did and all that other shit, I don’t care about that anymore. I only want you with me right now and forever." I said, keeping my composure the best I could.

She didn’t say anything at first, I just her sniffles. "Eric," She said, sounding like she was laughing, or trying to. "You’re the one that needs to come home. This is your house."

I smiled, excited. "So you’re taking me back?" I looked at Beau, who also looked overjoyed.

"Yes, Eric, get over here." She said.

"I love you so much, Miranda. I’ll see you soon." I flipped down my phone, too impatient to hear a response. "She’s taking me back!" I basically screamed, jumping off the couch, grabbing my keys.

Beau got up and hugged me again. "I’m so happy for you!"

"Thanks. I’m gonna go. You should probably tell Jared so he feels better. I’ll see ya later." I grabbed my bag of clothes and went out the door, running to my car and speeding off to my house. I got out of the car, leaving everything in the car. I had no time to get that stuff. I opened the door and ran right into Miranda’s arms. I hugged her tightly, afraid that I might be hurting her. She hugged me just as tightly, and a permanent smile was on my face.

"Two weeks is too long." I whispered in her ear.

She sniffled. "I know, I’m so sorry, for everything. Of course it wasn’t your fault that the baby died. I’m so stupid to think that. Just because you weren’t there doesn’t mean shit. I put us through all this shit for nothing.."

I pressed my lips against hers tenderly. "Shut up, you were hormonal and messed up at the time. You didn’t really know what the hell you were doing." I slid my hand under her hair to the back of her neck. "And besides, I forgive you for all the shit you said. Lets just start over on a clean slate, like we were before all the baby/Daniel drama. I know it’s gonna be hard to forget it, but lets try, okay?" I kissed her again, her hands on each side of my face.

"Okay." She said, smiling, staring straight into my eyes.