You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 14-The End

"She’s totally gonna bitch out Karli." I said, a slight smile on my face.

"One less thing for you to do." Jeremiah said. "Wanna go back and dance?"

"Absolutely." I said, pulling him with me into the dance again. I grabbed Caleb’s hand and Jeremiah grabbed Kristen’s. "We’re dancing, and you guys are too."

They both laughed and agreed as we all went into the middle of the crowd again and got in sync with the huge mass of people dancing. Jeremiah had his hand around my waist as he was dancing with me.

"You know you’re really good at dancing." He said in my ear.

"You’re not so bad yourself." I said as the song was ending.

"Alright, now we’re gonna slow it down a bit, now lemme see all those lovely couples out on the dance floor."

We smiled at each other and went into our own little area as the music started. We hugged each other close and I rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes, smiling, not wanting to be anywhere else right now.

"I love you so much, Sky." Jeremiah said quietly in my ear.

I opened my eyes and lifted my head to look at him. "I love you, too, Jeremiah, more than anything."

Our lips met, and everything about this moment felt so special. This moment made it definite that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Jeremiah.

The slow song ended and the dance music stated right back up again. I looked for Kristen and Caleb, and they were in a little area to themselves, looking so cute together.

"They are so adorable together." Jeremiah said as we started dancing.

"I know. Have you seen Halee at all?" I asked, worried that her and Karli might’ve gotten into a fight or something.

"I saw her leave, actually, while the slow dancing was going on. She did not look pleased. I saw Thomas run after her."

"Well hopefully they get it all sorted out, and hopefully she doesn’t go back to Thomas, no matter how awful that sounds."

"I know what you’re saying, and she doesn’t deserve that."

For the next couple songs, as Jeremiah and I were getting really close, I couldn’t get my mind off of what I was planning for tonight. I was excited and nervous, I wanted to leave now, but I wanted to stay for the whole dance.

"You guys looked like you were having a good time out there." Candace said, coming up to us as we were getting bottles of water by the refreshments.

We smiled. "Nothing short of it." I said, looking at the guy she was holding hands with. "And this must be your date?"

"Yup, this is David." She introduced him. "David, this is Skylar and Jeremiah."

"He’s a cutie." Jeremiah said.

I laughed and elbowed him softly. "No flirting while I’m right here."

He kissed me. "I’m sorry, hon."

I shook my head, smiling and blushing. "It’s nice to meet you, David." I held out my hand, and he shook it.

"You, too." He said, smiling, surprisingly not acting awkward.

"Oh I love this song! Come on, lets go dance! Come with us, guys!" Candace said as a song started playing.

Jeremiah and I looked at each other and went with them into the crowd to dance again.

We didn’t stop again til about ten minutes before the dance was over.

"I’m gonna call Beau and ask him to come get us." I said, pulling out my phone.

"Alright, I’ll go find Caleb and everyone and tell them that we’re leaving." Jeremiah said, going back into the dance.

"Hey Sky, you guys ready?" He answered.

"Yeah, so we’ll see you in a few minutes?"

"Yup, see ya."

"Bye."

I put my phone back in my pocket and they came out of the dance as I was about to go look for them.

"Aww you guys are heading out?" Kristen said, hugging me and Jeremiah.

"Yeah, but it was fun."Jeremiah said.

"Definitely. We’ll see you at school on Monday, Skylar." Caleb said, hugging me and Jeremiah as well.

I saw Beau’s car pull into the parking lot.

"Alright, well we gotta go. Tell Candace that we say bye. Bye guys!" I said, grabbing Jeremiah’s hand and walking out to Beau’s car.

"You guys look like you had fun." Beau said, driving away.

"Definitely. We had a blast." I said, smiling.

"That’s good." He said.

The rest of the drive was silent. I was getting a little more nervous about tonight now as it was nearing. Maybe everything will just come naturally.

We pulled into the driveway and got out of the car.

"Hey, did you guys have fun?" Jared asked.

"Loads. We’ll be in my room. Night guys." I said, pulling Jeremiah into my room, closing the door. I let go of his hand, turning to face him, then going right up against him, attacking him in a fierce kiss. I pressed him up against the wall and started feeling under his shirt and around his belt buckle. We parted to get rid of our shirts. I loved Jeremiah’s body, everything about it was perfect. I started undoing his belt and zipper on his jeans while he slid off his shoes, socks, and pants, leaving him in just boxers. I was soon the same way. We made it to my bed and before we could get into it, Jeremiah pulled away, breathing heavily, sweaty, absolutely sexy. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" He whispered.

I kissed him again, hoping that he got that as a yes.

The rest happened so fast, and it felt so unreal. I never thought that I’d be able to feel something this amazing in my life. And the fact that it was with Jeremiah made the moment even more unbelievable.

I don’t know what time we fell asleep, but I know that I was in Jeremiah’s arms, smiling, feeling on top of the world.

I half woke up to Beau and Jared talking downstairs, and I realized that Jeremiah was facing the opposite way of me. I smiled and turned to face him, getting close to him and falling asleep again.

"Are you two ever gonna wake up? I swear, you’re creatures of the night or something..." I heard Eric’s voice through my door.

"Mmmm, Eric go awaaaay." I said, repositioning myself.

Jeremiah was stretching, looking at me, smiling. "Hey you."

I smiled and kissed him, hugging him tight against me. "Hey."

"It’s two in the afternoon, that’s just freakish to sleep that late." Eric said, jiggling the doorknob.

"Don’t even think about opening the door, Eric." I said in all seriousness.

"What, are you guys naked or something?"

"That’s something that you’ll never know, now please leave us be. We’ll be down in a few minutes."

"Okay..." He said, sounding like he didn’t believe us. I heard him say, "They’ll be down in a few minutes, whatever that means in Skylar and Jeremiah speak."

I laughed and shook my head, Jeremiah turning to face me. I was smiling uncontrollably. "Last night was..."

"The most amazing night of my life." He finished my sentence.

"Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe it." I said, kissing him again. "I think I love you even more now, if that’s even possible."

He smiled and sat up, stretching again. "I suppose we should get to being social so Eric doesn’t harp on us anymore."

"I wish we could stay here all day." I said, sitting up as well.

"Yeah, so do I, but unfortunately, we have impatient people waiting for us to tell of our prom experiences."

"I guess." I got out from under the covers and got pants and a shirt on, Jeremiah borrowing a pair of my pajama pants and one of my shirts.

"Alright, lets go face these people. I wonder how Beau and Jared are gonna react about us fucking." Jeremiah said.

"I didn’t know we were gonna tell them." I said, not really thinking about their reaction.

"Well it’s kinda obvious, and they probably checked up on us while we were sleeping, so they probably already know."

"Yeah, I guess. Whatever. Lets just go and see what happens." I opened my door and we walked into the living room, seeing Beau, Jared, Eric, Miranda, and Maika, Maika playing Mario Kart, of course.

"Well it’s about time you guys come out of there." Beau said, smiling. So they do know what we did, and if they know, then they told Miranda and Eric, who are probably gonna tell the rest of the guys. I bit my lip and looked at the floor, smiling.

Jeremiah bumped into me. I looked up at him, and he was smiling.

"Did you think we wouldn’t know or something?" Jared asked with a smirk on his face. "The way you hurried to your room last night, I knew something was going down."

I laughed and hid my face in Jeremiah’s shoulder. I couldn’t believe we were discussing this in front of Eric and Miranda, even Maika, even though he was in his own little world.

"So how was it?" Eric asked, Miranda hitting him afterwards.

"Eric! Come on now! That’s private information!" She yelled at him while he was rubbing his shoulder.

"Thank you, Miranda." I said, bringing my face away from Jeremiah’s shoulder. "Now could we talk about anything else that happened last night?"

"How was the dance?" Eric asked.

I yawned. "It was really fun, except for this huge drama that went on between Thomas, Halee, and Karli..." I said, just remembering about that now.

"What happened?"

"Thomas was cheating on Halee with Karli in the guys’ bathroom during the dance, and I walked in on them and basically told Thomas off, not even bothering with Karli. I don’t even know where my relationship with Thomas stands as of right now. I’m not feeling too fond of him at the moment, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to forgive him for doing that, especially with Karli. That’s just low."

"Well, with my experience with cheating and stuff like that," Beau said, looking at Eric, then back at me. "I think you should forgive Thomas. You shouldn’t let something like this come between you two, since it didn’t happen between you two, it happened between him and another girl."

"It just so happens that the other girl is his ex and a total snot to everyone he’s friends with because of it. Everyone, even guys, know that it’s against the rules to date or even hook up with their friend’s ex. Especially best friend." Jeremiah added on.

"No one listens to those rules anymore." Jared said, rolling his eyes, messing with Beau’s hair. "Just call him and tell him to come over, and talk it over, just the two of you. I assure you that you’ll work everything out."

"I know we’ll be able to, but I don’t know if I want to so soon, ‘cause I’m still really mad at him for pulling something like that."

"Like I said, call him, have him come over, and talk it out." Jared said.

I sighed. "I guess." I don’t think I could stand my best friend to be mad at me, so why should I make him suffer?

"Do you want me to go?" Jeremiah asked quietly.

"I don’t want you to, but I think it would be best." I said, leading him up to my room to grab his clothes from yesterday.

"Do you want your clothes back?" He asked, about to strip off his shirt.

I grabbed his hands so he could keep his shirt on, even though I would much rather see it off. "No, you can just keep them til I see you again, which will probably be tomorrow." I said, holding myself back from slipping off the shirt.

"Not probably. I will see you tomorrow, and you’re gonna call me after Thomas leaves so you can tell me how everything goes, okay?" He said, now grabbing my hands in his, looking at me with puppy eyes and a small smile.

I kissed him. "I think I can do that."

"Good." He said, kissing me before we went back into the living room.

Before he left, I gave him a gigantic hug. "Call you later."

"Sounds good. I love you." He said quietly.

"I love you, too. Bye."

We parted from our hug. "Bye." He said, opening the door while I caught it and closed it.

"You made it like he was going ten miles away, not twenty feet." Miranda said, smirking.

I glared at them, smiling. "Shush. I’m gonna go call Thomas." I ran back to my room to grab my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hey, we need to talk. Today. When can you come over?" I asked.

"How about we both walk towards each other and we meet halfway and we talk it out on a walk?" He offered.

"That works, too. So I’ll see you in a few minutes?"

"Yup, see ya."

I shut my phone and threw it on my bed, putting on the first pair of pants I could find, which just so happened to be the pair Jeremiah wore yesterday. I guess he took my pants instead of his. They were a little long, but I managed. I could care less about what I looked like.

"Going on a walk with Thomas. Be back when we’re done." I said, going out the door.

"Hey, Sky." Beau called from the couch.

"What?" I asked, turning around.

"Those aren’t your pants." He said.

I sighed, looking down at them. "I know, they’re Jeremiah’s, he accidentally grabbed mine. I’ll see you guys later." I said, closing the door. As I was walking down the street I came across one of those windows that looked like mirrors. I stopped in front of it and, after checking myself out in Jeremiah’s pants, decided that they made my butt look fantastic. I’m gonna have to borrow his clothes more often, specifically his pants, or ask where he gets them.

"Skylar, seriously, man?" I heard Thomas’ voice from the opposite direction.

I turned my head to look at him. "What?"

"Checking yourself out in a window?" He said, slight disapproval in his voice.

"I wanted to know how I looked in Jeremiah’s pants. He took mine by accident..." I realized what I was saying after it had already been said.

He stared at me, jaw dropped. "You guys fucked last night?!" He said in a quiet voice as we began walking.

"Please, don’t call it that, because it was soooo much more than that." I said, smiling, biting on my lip ring, remembering how amazing it felt.

"I don’t need details, really." He said, putting his hand up.

"But I do. What the hell happened last night? I need to know everything."

He sighed. "Alright, so I was at the dance with Halee, Caleb, and Kristen, ya know, and everything was going awesome. We were looking for you and Jeremiah, and I had to go to the bathroom-so that wasn’t a lie when I told Halee. So I went to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands, Karli came in and basically told me that if I resisted, that she’d tell the whole school that I raped her in the bathroom, so I was basically stuck. I had no choice. And then when you came in I felt so horrible, and when Halee started yelling at me, I felt like shit. I eventually chased down Halee and explained the situation and, thank god, she believed me. Now I just gotta convince you and Jeremiah and Caleb and Kristen."

"Well, once you convince Caleb, you’ve convinced Kristen, just like since you’ve convinced me, you’ve convinced Jeremiah."

Thomas hugged me. "Thanks."

"I know you better than that, you’re not the type of person to do that to someone. I just jumped to conclusions when I saw you guys, so that’s partly my fault. I’m sorry."

"It’s alright, really." He said, and we pulled away from our hug and continued walking. "So what do you want me to call it when I tell Caleb, making love..?"

I hit his arm. "No! Because you’re not telling him, I am. If I wouldn’t have slipped up in front of you, neither of you would know." I said, smiling, shaking my head.

"Aww, come on, not sharing your first time with your two best friends? What’s the fun in that?"

I rolled my eyes as we turned the corner. I know he’s right. If either one of them would’ve had sex before me I would’ve been all up in their business.

"Do Beau and Jared know?" He asked.

I nodded. "We slept til 2, and during the time we were sleeping, either Beau or Jared came in to check on us and saw us both sleeping in my bed. Then we came out of my room and he was in my pajamas, and I guess the way I hurried to my room with him last night said something, too."

"Did they care at all?"

"Surprisingly no, which I’m extremely happy about."

"Well that’s good."

"Which brings us back to the fact that my ass looks bitchin’ in these jeans." I said, finding another mirror window.

"You know, people can see you through those windows." Thomas pointed out.

"Let ‘em stare, this thing was meant to be stared at." I said.

Thomas started laughing and pulled me away from the window, continuing down the block until we got to my street.

"Wow that was convenient. I’m guessing that you’re dumping me here and our walk is now over?"

"Yeah, now I gotta call Caleb. Actually, you call him first and tell him all about last night, and then text me to say that I can call, just so I don’t slip up and say anything."

"Good idea. I’ll see you later, Thomas." I hugged him before going in the house to call Caleb.

"That was a short walk." Beau said. I looked up from my phone and saw that Matt and Mike were joining the huge passe.

"Yeah." I said, dialing Caleb’s number.

"Oh, now he’s gotta call Jeremiah and tell him that he’s home." Matt said mockingly.

"Shut up Matt. It’s not even him, it’s Caleb." I said, pressing send, going into a different room.

"Hey Skylar." He said.

"Hey." I was smiling like a dork. "So, guess what?"

He gasped a little bit. "Did you guys fuck?"

I sighed, still smiling. "Pleeeeease don’t call it that, because it was a lot more than that." I repeated to him like I did to Thomas.

"Oh my god! So? How did it go?" He said, sounding as excited as I felt.

"It was the best, most amazing experience of my life, and that doesn’t even begin to cover it."

"Do I have permission to ask for details?" Caleb asked.

"No, don’t ask. This is one of the things that I’m keeping between Jeremiah and I."

"Alright, that’s what I wanted to hear. I don’t wanna hear anything about you guys and your sexual...activities."

I laughed. "Thanks. Alright, well, I gotta text Thomas and tell him that he can come and get you. He wants to talk to you."

"Is it about last night and what happened?" He asked, sounding pissed at the mention of that.

"Yeah, but don’t worry about it. It’ll be chill. I gotta go, so I’ll talk to you later."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and texted Thomas to go over there. I fell onto my back, bouncing a little off my mattress. I closed my eyes and smiled, remembering everything that happened last night and all the amazing feelings that overcame me on this bed, in this room.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled until I found Jeremiah’s number and pressed send.

"Mmm, hello." He said, sounding asleep.

"Oh, I’m sorry, I woke you up. Call me back when you wake up, kay?" I apologized, feeling bad.

"No, no," He yawned. "it’s okay. I’d rather talk to you in reality rather than just dream about you."

I smiled, blushing. "You were dreaming about me?"

"Of course, who else would I be dreaming about?"

That made me blush even more. "I still feel bad for calling and waking you up; all I called for is to tell you that I was thinking about you and how unforgettable last night was."

He laughed a little. "Well, that just happens to be what I was dreaming about."

I bit my lip, suppressing my urge to moan. "We should really do that again sometime."

"Well of course we’re gonna do it again. And again, and again..."

This time I couldn’t suppress it. "Holy fuck, get over here. I need to have you now."

He laughed. "As much as I’d love to, my parents want me home for the night."

I sighed. "Fine, can’t argue with parents. What do you have to do that you have to say home anyways, non-existent homework?" I asked, jealous that I still had three weeks of school left and Jeremiah was completely off the hook already.

My jealousy made him laugh. "No, Sky, my parents just want me to spend a night with them, since that doesn’t happen much now with my nights being occupied with you and your sexy self."

I giggled. "I guess you do need some time with family. I could probably do that with Beau and Jared and the rest of the guys, since I consider them family, too." I gasped. "And they were totally makin’ fun of me."

"Aww hon, what were they saying?"

"Just pokin’ at me with stuff like me and you not being together for a period of time, and that I put on your pants instead of mine when I got dressed, since you grabbed mine."

"Oh, I’m sorry, I’ll give you your pants tomorrow. Just out of curiosity, how do they look?"

"Not to sound too into myself or whatever, but I would say I look fantastic in them. Where did you get them?"

"I don’t exactly remember, but you can have them if you like them that much, and your butt probably looks a lot better in them than mine does."

"I couldn’t take your pants, that’s too much." I said.

"I have other black pants, Sky, it’s alright."

"Sure?"

"Yes, absolutely. And besides, if I wanna wear them, I could just steal them for the day, and I wanna see how you look in them."

"Well, you could easily see them now..." I said, trying to persuade him to come over.

He sounded like he was doing a little antsy, whiny, tantrum dance. "Skyyyyy, I really do need time with my parents.."

"Ten minutes?" I stuck my lip out, even though me couldn’t see it.

He let out a huge sigh, smiling. "Fine, ten minutes, then I really have to get back to my parents."

"I’ll see you outside, I love you."

He laughed. "I love you too."

I hung up and practically ran out of my room.

"Hey, hey, hey, Sky, where are you going so fast?" Jared asked, giggling in the process.

I turned to look at them, kind of wishing I hadn’t, since Beau was getting all up on Jared.

"I’m just going outside for a few minutes with Jeremiah. I’ll be back in a little bit."

"Okay." He said, practically getting cut off by Beau.

I shook my head and left, seeing Jeremiah in the lawn between our houses.

"Well it’s about time you got out here." He said, smirking.

"Sorry, I walked in on a Beau and Jared make out session." I said, grabbing him by his hips, pulling him into me, kissing his neck.

He started giggling and pulled me away, looking at me in his jeans.

"Oh yes, you’re definitely keeping those; your ass looks amazing."

I smirked and got close to him again, kissing him on the lips this time.

We parted, forehead-to-forehead, looking into each others eyes.

"You’re making it really hard to go back into the house." Jeremiah, whispered, digging his hand deep into my hair.

"Then don’t." I whispered back, slipping my hands in his ass pockets.

"I have to, I already promised my parents." Jeremiah said, petting my hair.

I sighed and put my head on his shoulder. "I’m sorry."

"For what?"

"I said that I wouldn’t hog you from your family, and that’s exactly what I’m doing now. I feel bad. I’ll let you go back and have the night with your parents." I looked up at him, feeling guilty.

Jeremiah kissed me. "It’s okay, Sky, and thank you for realizing that, ‘cause I didn’t want to have to tell you and then you get pissed at me and we get into a fight..." He sighed. "That wouldn’t have been good."

I smiled and hugged him closer. "I would’ve been devastated." I kissed once more before letting go of him.

"I love you, Sky." He said, keeping hold of my hands.

"I love you, too, Jeremiah. Have fun with your parents."

He laughed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, totally. Bye, Sky." He let my hands go and waved.

"Call me if it’s not too late, ‘cause some of us have school." I said, sticking out my tongue again.

He smiled. "Okay."

I waved and went back inside, Beau and Jared gone from the living room, probably in their room. I sighed and went into my room, grabbing my iPod and staring at my ceiling, almost falling asleep until I heard a knock at my door.

"What." I asked, opening my eyes, seeing Beau in the doorway.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked.

"Being bored; Jeremiah’s spending a night with his parents and I don’t know if Caleb and Thomas worked everything out yet."

"Then text them."

I shook my head. "Nah." I sat up, feeling uneasy. I’ve wanted to talk to Beau alone for a while now.

"Sky? What’s the matter?" He asked, stepping further into my room.

"Beau, did you ever meet my biological parents?" I asked quietly, because I know Beau doesn’t like talking about it.

He sighed and came all the way into my room. "Yeah, once, because the system thought they were ready to see you and visit you again. Jared and I met with them first before they saw you, and we both didn’t think they could see you, because we thought you wouldn’t be safe, and we were right. It turns out that after we said no, they wanted to fight us, which is why the police were close, thank god. We haven’t seen them since then; it’s been about 8 or 9 years." He said, sitting on my bed, putting his arm around me.

"Why was I taken from them in the first place?"

Beau looked at the floor, then at me. "Your mom was a heavy cocaine user, as was your dad, and both alcoholics, and I guess..." He looked at the floor again, looking like he was about to cry. I put my arm around him this time. He looked up again, looking straight ahead. "Sorry, Sky, this kind of stuff is hard for me to talk about. Um, you got abused before you left your house, mainly when your parents were shitfaced." Beau said, sniffling, wiping his tears.

"Why is it so hard for you to talk about this? Did you get-"

"No, I didn’t, but Eric did, until he was about your age, when I took him in. His dad was so vile and inhumane..." Beau had tears falling down his face, and I couldn’t tell if they were of anger or sadness.

"You took Eric in?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"Yeah, I didn’t want him to go back to that hell hole he was living in, I couldn’t make him go through that again. He could’ve died is I made him go back there." He breathed in deep, regaining his composure. "That’s why I took you in, too, Sky, so you wouldn’t get put into another crappy home, or even the same one. Not to mention you were the cutest five year old there, we couldn’t pass you up." He looked at me, smiling, pinching my cheek.

I laughed and waved his hand way. "Stop it!"

He laughed and pulled me into him. "I don’t know what we would possibly be doing without you."

"I don’t know what I’d be doing either, but I’m extremely glad that I’m with you guys and not some other weirdos." I said, smiling.

"Are we really that great?" Beau asked, and I swear I saw him blush.

"Well, if I never met you guys, then I would’ve never met Jeremiah..." I said, smiling.

"Really, Sky? The only reason you love us-"

I laughed and hugged him tighter. "No, of course not, I was joking. Jeremiah was just a perk. I’d rather be with you guys than anyone else."