Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

Then you moved on

I fumbled with my sleeve nervously.

“John?” He looked up from the table, smiling.

“Yeah, baby?”

“Uhm….Can I ask you something? Just being hypothetical of course?” He gave me a strange look but nodded.

“Sure. What’s up?”

“If someone was offered the opportunity of a lifetime but had just gotten everything they wanted would you tell you them stay or chase after their dream?” John tapped his chin.

“Well, I’m living my dream and its amazing. I wouldn’t want my life to have turned out any other way. So….I would tell them to chase after said dream. Why do you ask?” I shrugged and pulled out a chair and sat down.

“I- uhm- A fan asked. It doesn’t matter.” I said biting my bottom lip. It physically hurt me to lie to him but what was I suppose to do? I couldn’t drop this on him and leave for New Jersey all in the same few hours.

“Hey, are you all packed?” Emmy asked walking into the kitchen. I nodded.

“Do you really have to leave?!” Kennedy whined from the living room. I laughed quietly.

“Unfortunatley, bro. It’s only for two weeks though! Then I’m back for a little while and then we’re off again for the wedding and then we’re home a month later.”

“The lease runs out in May doesn’t?” Pat inquired joining us at the table. I was always amazed at how they seemed to appear at the same time no matter where we were.

“Yep. We gotta pack our shit and get the fuck out.” I said laying my head on the table and lacing my fingers through John’s. He smiled and laid the phone on the table and began typing with one finger.

“Emmy, Annabelle; we have to leave soon.” Caleb said messing with his hair. I sighed and kissed the back of John’s hand before rising.

“I’ll be back. I have to pee.” I said climbing the stairs. I finished my business and went to open the door when I saw the most horrendous, ugly spider I’d ever seen. Pale brown, legs as long my fingers, splayed out unmoving. I put my foot forwards to step on it when scuttled forwards. It was enough to send me jumping onto the sink counter. My heart was pounding out of my chest. They were calling my name downstairs but my throat had closed shut from fear. I remembered this ass of a spider.
The brown recluse; its poison turned your skin black and then it rotted a hole into your flesh. It followed your every move and if you got real ballsy and tried to kill it then the bitch would jump and inevitably bite you. I had no idea what the I was thinking earlier but it wasn’t smart

“Annabelle! Can you- What the fuck?” I looked up at Jared with tears in my eyes.

“Kill it! Please!” I begged.

“Shit. Stay right there! I’ll be right back!” He said panicking himself. I had forgotten he held the same fear of spiders. Garret braced the doorway and saw it. His foot slammed down on the bug with a harsh pound. He held out a hand to me. I stepped down on shaky legs and darted out of the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” Garret asked pulling me into a hug.

“It didn’t bite me but it was poisonous and shit and it was huge and I was scared.” I rambled wiping my eyes.

“I know sweetie. You’re alright. Shhh.” He said patting my hair. My breathing slowed. John, Emmy, and Caleb were up the stairs seconds after Jared had told them what had happened.

“She okay?” Caleb asked. Garret answered with a snappy yes before redirecting his attention to me.

“Aren’t spiders suppose to be dead right now?” Emmy asked scratching her head.

“It probably came in on that shipment of shit from South America.” Aurella said from Jared’s doorway.

“They check that stuff don’t they?”

“Not if it was in a personal bag. My friend went to South America and brought me back some stuff. If it was hiding well enough like in a shirt or something they would have missed it. My dad worked for the airport for awhile.” She said nervously playing with the neon yellow v neck.

“Oh. Well if you’re going to have things from other countries can you shake them out outside please? I don’t want crazy bugs inside my room, bro.” Kennedy said rubbing my back. She nodded and stepped back into the room.

“I don’t want to rush you but we have to go. It’s quarter to three now. I kissed everyone’s cheeks around me. Jared was the still downstairs. I leaned up and lightly kissed his cheek.

“Thank you for helping me. I’m sorry things have been so terrible between us and anything that happened in the past is in the past. I don’t want to be distant anymore. We were best friends. I miss that.” I said quietly. He nodded before pulling me into a huge bear hug.

“Missed you too, Bella.” His voice dropped to a whisper. “Now to get rid of Aurella. This solidifies everything. It’s been on the slopes for awhile and she’d never let me be friends with you.” I cocked my head to the side.

“You know this doesn’t mean anything right? I’m with John. I’m happy. Strictly friends only, bro.” He nodded.

“I know. I don’t want to listen to Aurella’s bitch fit when she realizes we’re talking again.”

“Oh. Okay.” I looked to the stairs in hopes of finding someone there to rescue me from the awkward silence that was due to ensue. Unfortunatley, there was no one there. I sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter.

“Where are you slut?!” I raised my eyebrows and looked at Kennedy. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I squealed and hung onto his neck.

“That was rude miser!” I said flicking his nose. His nose crinkled.

“It was the only way to get your attention! I’m going to miss you so much!”

“I’m not even going to be gone that long you crazy fool!”

“Kennnnnnedddy! I wanna say good bye!” Pat whined. I had to aw. That kid was so cute.

“I’m going to come back and make you cupcakes and we’ll order pizza and then play Frisbee to lose all the calories when I get back alright?!”

“You need those calories, lady!”

“Pft. Shut up. You need to talk to Mr. O’ Callaghan over there about weight, man. We’re really going to do that though. Video it and make a million dollars for being the best new diet in the whole wide world.” He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Best diet ever. Bye, Annabelle.” My chest ached. I knew this would be the scene if I did leave for Africa. John was putting my bags in the trunk when I walked outside. It was just us, the gray sky, and the waves crashing onto the beach. I slipped my arms around his waist and looked up. He pushed the air away from my face before sighing.

“I love you, Annabelle.”

“You mean it?” I asked after a silent minute passed.

“Forever and ever.” I gently kissed his lips.

“I love you too.”

With three simple, powerful words my decision had just become so much more complicated than I could have imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....my internet was shut off after we got an outrageous bill from Verizon.....yeah. Uhm, so here this is....I lost two subscribers while away which sucks but thats their loss. Thank you for sticking around. There's another chapter following directly after this! :]

Title credit- The Ready Set