Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

She's so high

I woke with a start. The business man beside me smiled comfortingly and returned to his laptop. I rubbed my eyes and untangled from the airplane blanket.

“You’ll be home soon, miss.” The man spoke for the first time since I’d boarded the plane. He looked tired and ruffled that shown he’d been switching flights and spending nights in a airport terminal for days.

“This isn’t home. I’m visiting a friend.” And running.

“I can’t wait to be home. I haven’t seen my little boy or wife in six weeks.” He said smiling excitedly. I returned the smile and pulled out my phone. I’d meant to give John some money for my part of the bill but I was rushed and didn’t want to explain more than what needed to be said. Jared would probably never speak with me again and John…John hadn’t said anything more after the kiss. He helped me pack and called a cab but not once did he say a word to me.

“Well then I’m glad you get to go home and see them finally. Being on the road can be pretty stressful.” He nodded. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I was suppose to turn it off when I boarded. The whole ride to the airport I had been making plans to come home. I’d stay with Katy, visit Dad for awhile and just fuck around until Daray needed me in Jersey.

“That’s been vibrating for a good hour but you looked so peaceful I couldn’t wake you.” I laughed quietly and slowly pulled it out of my pocket. Kennedy, Garret, and Pat were blowing up my phone with questions. “You look disappointed.” I was shocked to realize that was the feeling that was tightening my chest.

“It’s nothing. Stupid stuff. I’m glad to be away for awhile. It was time anyway.” I said nodding and scanning the messages. They didn’t understand. Jared said he didn’t understand but didn’t want to talk to me. John was mute and had taken the guitar onto the beach. I was ashamed that I had left. I was mad that I had left. I could have stuck it out. I shouldn’t have started a relationship. I shook my head a little becoming aware of the burning sensation that was building in my eyes. I quickly wiped at my eyes and buckled back up.

“You’ll be alright, honey.” He said patting the back of my hand. I smiled and looked out the window. Welcome home.

I sat down on the bench and waited. Katy appeared beaming at me, her belly just barely protruded from the large Drop Dead shirt she was wearing.

“Oh my gosh! I missed you!” I said dropping my bags and hugging her.

“Missed you too. Be prepared for a what the hell lecture tomorrow. Justin’s coming back.” I sighed and picked up the bags.

“I can’t wait.”

My phone must have rang at least twenty times before we got home. I dropped my bags in the house, changed, and left to see the rest of my hometown. The next time it ranged I angrily slammed the phone to my ear.

“What do you want?!”

“I want to know why you just left.” Kennedy asked quietly. I half growled, half sighed.

“I had too. It was the best thing for the band. I’m sorry, Kennedy.” I said sitting down on the edge of a curb. A car drove by, honking as it passes. Probably some old classmate who’d never left. Florida State was infamous though so who could blame them?

“Why?”

“Everyone was stressed. I was jumping down peoples throats. Jared was sticking his tongue down other bitches throats. Weird feelings. I had to go. I’ll be back. Right after the wedding.”

“But that’s a month and a half away!” He whined. I chuckled. “WAIT, what are you talking about?! Who’s Jared kissing?!” He yelled. I imagined the looks he was receiving at this very moment.

“Some chick at that party. Its not big deal anymore. We’re not together.” The words tasted bitter coming from my mouth. I’d never have imagined being able to say those words. There was a long pause before he spoke again.

“You ended it?”

“Right after I kissed John and decided to leave. Yeah.”

“You what?!” He yelled.

“Kenny, I’m going to have to ask to stop yelling in my ear, bro.”

“But you kissed John?!”

“Yes.”

“Why are you so nonchalant about this whole thing!?”

“Because its happened now. I’m done trying to fix things from the past.” I stood up already sick of the view.

“Annabelle, come home. We’ll figure this all out.”

“I can’t. I’ll see you soon Kennedy. Have fun writing the album.” I said pressing end. There was small, quiet laugh behind me.

“Never thought I would see you around here again.” I turned to meet the smoky gray eyes that had once belonged to one of my closet friends. Alex Fey who used to wear loose fitting Tripp pants now wore a suit and tie.

“Thought you would have left right after graduation too.” I said smiling and moving my camera to my shoulder so I could hug him.

“Not all of us are gifted enough to graduate six months early and have our dreams come true in one year, honey.” He said lighting a cigarette and offering me one. I shook my head. That was one addiction I wasn’t willing to get into.

“I just found the right people. If it wasn’t for them I’d be working at McDonalds. I see you took over your dad’s business. How’s that going?”

“Awful. I told him I wanted a year off from school to travel. He said I could travel around Ocala or get out. It pays well despite the fact that I want to blow my brains out on a daily basis.” I laughed and lifted the camera to my face; he was blowing smoke looking at the sunset.

“Poor thing. You’ll get out. Be that artist you were meant you be.” I said hugging him.

“You’ll call me?”

“What’s your number?” I slipped the Iphone out of my pocket. His eyes were huge.

“How the fuck?”

“It was a gift.” I shrugged, ignoring the background. He typed his number in and handed it back to me.

“I’m curious to know what brought you back. Call me. Love you.” He said throwing the finished cigarette down and waving. I waved and left. The house was silent when I walked through the door later on, a note telling me the boys had caught an early flight home. I went to bed not wanting to deal with him just yet.

“Annabelle?” I groaned and rolled away from the voice. “Come on you gotta wake up.”

“No! Leave me alone!”

“Bella! Now!” I sat up glaring at the voice. Justin’s blue eyes were twinkling.

“What can I help you with?!”

“Get up! We have to talk.” He said leaving the room. I groaned and got up.

“Breakfast?” Katy asked standing.

“Sit down Prego. I’ll get it myself.” I said walking into the kitchen. Wavy brown hair, gorgeous green eyes, and a beautiful smile stopped me in my tracks.

“Hi! I’m John Gomez!” He said shoving his hand in my face. I yawned and shook his hand.

“You’re cute.” I said grabbing the water bottle off the shelf. He looked a bit surprised.

“You’re quite forward.” He said, that cute smile growing larger.

“It’s new thing I’m trying. Working?”

“Oh. Definitely working.” He said smirking.

Suddenly leaving didn’t seem so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
YO! Okay, so I want to thank you all for commenting or subscribing (Or both!). Just thanks for being there ^_^
Annabelle
John Gomez
Cred- Four Year Strong's cover of "She's So High"