Pink Apartment

technicolor.

Image

Rupert,

This was an incredibly awful day. I really missed you, Rupes. Much more so since I have Design classes and I'm not feeling very inspired lately. Or eclectic.

Work. It went by dreadfully slow. Mr. Dunn made me get his order five times. Five times, Rupert! I had to go on and get it again and again and again because I screwed it up every time. Not my fault he wants his coffee with a million things. Extra foam, extra cream, extra milk, extra sugar, extra everything! I wish they would just make his damn order a special, label it for a hundred bucks so I could just point at it instead of ordering it, then having to repeat myself because I said it "too fast" , then double checking it and most of all having to stand the vicious glares the customers throw at me.

Do I look like a Mr. Dunn people?!

Anyway, this city is boring without you. But you're also really lucky. I almost chickened out from writing inside of you. I have never ignored you this much before. Sorry, R. Work is crazy. I never know how I wound up in that place after all.

Talk to you tomorrow! Night, Rupert!
Remy.

P.S.: Don't you just love how dorky the fact that we both have names that start with the letter 'R' is? We own it!


I set the diary to my side and I tiredly squeezed my eyes shut. They started to hurt. I took off my huge grandma-like glasses and I let myself fall onto the millions of pillows that covered my bed. Soft and colorful.

I set the alarm clock for tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. and I let myself flow in the amazing sheets I had. I didn't care about my knee high boots. Or about my lace leggings. I just wanted a good night's sleep. I would have to face Mr. Dunn tomorrow and I also needed to reload all my batteries. That was only for the power I'd need not to squash him like the little bug he proved himself to be. I swear, I never knew a gay boss would be so evil. He was also Asian. So a mixture hard to be seen.

When I first saw him, I loved him. I thought we would be the perfect assistant-boss match. But he was evil and he showed his fangs from early on. So now, I didn't like him as much. No. I just wanted to squash him.

I also didn't care about my dress. It would get wrinkled but getting up fresh tomorrow was of much greater importance. I put my head into my pillow, avoiding the street lights that disturbed my attempts to sleep. I could feel my lipstick gluing itself to the pillow, making it dirty but I'd wash it when I'll have the free time. That was not a priority.

"Sucky weather." I mumbled into the soft pillow,feeling my lipstick go everywhere on my face. I hated living alone in a rented apartment. I tried making it look like a home, yet something always stuck out. Like it wasn't right just yet. No matter how much shopping I did, it never fixed the problem. The thunder echoed into distance.

Did I mention that things could get scary in here? A young woman living alone isn't scaring anyone. Hell, even I'm not scared of myself. And that says a lot.

ImageImage

I'm in the business of misery let's take it from the top, she's got a body like an hourglass that's ticking like a clock

I groggily shut off my alarm clock. I wasn't in the sweetie pie mood and I hated nothing more than waking up on a week-day. Especially mornings. I especially hated those. Knowing I had to face yet another four days like the one that just passed made me want to hang myself with my panties.

If that's even possible. I just hated mornings. Lucky me, today was a Thursday. Just two more days of slavery. Then I could just sit and home and do nothing and draw. And maybe catch up on some stories with Rupert.

I threw my hand on the other side of the bed and it hit something hard. I opened my eyes briefly, letting the blinding light come into my eyes. I closed them again, ready to fake illness. Less than three hours and then I'd see my boss. They seemed so little now.

Ow. That hurt.

"Why Rupert?Why? I thought you loved me!" I exhaled in pain and scratched my left palm. I wrinkled my nose upon smelling my breath.

Ph-ew! My breath stinks!

I turned my head more in my pillow to escape the idiotic light that disturbed the blackness that I loved so much. I felt the lipstick hug my entire face, making me look like a mess. At least I thought so. I turned lazily on one side, this time hitting the hard thing yet again. It was a bit long for a diary.

I knew I should panic. But I didn't. Told you about those generic things.

"Never took you for such a heavy sleeper." I heard a deep, masculine voice say. It was so sophisticated and almost dark, I couldn't help but fall in love with it. He made my heart skip a bit. Without even trying.

I grumbled into my pillow. I wasn't much of a morning talker. It wasn't on my To Do list and I couldn't get my brain to function well. If we could carry a conversation in our minds, well, then that's a different story.

"Who are you?" I mumbled into the sticky pillow, courtesy of my amazing lipstick.

"Aw, Remy, don't you remember me? I'm hurt." The voice teased me, and I could almost see the pout on the person's face. Attractive face, that is.

I sighed in exasperation and I moved around in the soft bed. I kicked the person lightly until I could feel their weight move on the corner of the bed. It made me drown into the soft silk sheets I had. Just. Like. Heaven.

"Look. I don't know you. Down the hall there's another girl, maybe she's the one you're looking for." I tried explaining but the person laughed a throaty laugh. My pulse quickened again.

"No, no. You're the one I'm looking for." The sophisticated voice taunted me, making me itch more and more with curiosity. I would not give in to his evil plans. I was stronger than him.

"Fine. Then you're wasting you're time. You have nothing to rob and I'm broke. Goodbye!" I finished the sentence in a happy-go-lucky fashion, hoping the person would catch the irony and just let me sleep.

"What if I wanted to rape you?" He asked dangerously but it left me unmoved. Too early for this kind of crap. Plus, my reactions weren't as normal as I had hoped them to be. I was slightly off.

"I'm a dude. I'm not into that." I tried faking the best guy voice I could. I sounded like a Chihuahua that was in heat. Not so convincing.

I'll have to practice that later.

"What if something really important happened? And you missed it?" He asked again, in the same sly voice that made me almost shiver in pleasure. If I could, I would have recorded him and play his voice over and over and over and over again.

"Email me and I'll be alright." I mumbled into the pillows and he sighed in exasperation. I guess he had every right to be, but he wouldn't face his midget of a boss in three hours. I would. So I was far more exasperated than him.

Few minutes passed by and no one said a word. Of course, every silence has to be broken.

"What happened to Dan? And his 'freakishly large and Shrek-looking girlfriend from Geek Hell'?" The guy asked and this time, my heart stopped. In a bad way. I fully opened my eyes, not caring about the bright lights. I stood up, widening my eyes, gouging them to be more exact.

"How did you know about that? No one knows about that!" I demanded and he looked at me smirking. And then it clicked.

The guy that was talking to me was Rupert. Rupert, as in the drawing that I had always imagined that Rupert looked like. The drawing I custom made for him. This was insane.

His eyes were gray. Or icy blue. Or gray-blue. It didn't matter. They were so light and so beautiful that I could've almost sworn he was blind. His eyebrows were beautifully shaped and natural, as dark as his hair was. He had a slightly tan face and his curly black mop of short hair he had only brought out his eyes more, making them look hypnotizing. He had full, rosy lips and stubble. More like, the beginning of a beard. He had a gray jumper on and dark jeans. His chin was propped into his palm, showing off his long, skinny fingers. He had nothing on his feet. And here he was, bare-footed, in my home.

But with all that, he looked perfect. Like he just stepped of some Gap ad and had thousands of stylists and make up artists that dealt with him. Not even a pimple. Not one.

"Want to know who I am?" The guy asked and I nodded my head feverishly. I grabbed a napkin and I started to rub it all over my face, in the hopes that it would get the lipstick off. Of course, I knew it wouldn't help and my face started to hurt but I kept on.

"My name is Rupert. Rupert Sylvest." The dude said and my heart dropped inside my pocket. The exact same name my diary had.

I got out from my bed and went to the small bathroom next door. I grabbed my toothbrush and put toothpaste on it before sticking it in my mouth and washing my teeth. I went back into my room, ready to ask the questions I had bubbling in my mind.

"But-"

"I'm your diary, Remy. I'm Rupert."He explained slowly and I opened my mouth a bit. I went back to the bathroom and spit everything I had out before rinsing my teeth. This time, Rupert followed me.

Maybe he was a dream. A vivid dream. Or my morning imagination running wild. Or a model that just so happens to look like my drawing and have the exact same name as my diary. Maybe he read it and waited for me to wake up. And maybe pigs fly.

"I'm not on Punk'd, am I?" I quietly asked and he shook his head, chuckling a bit. Even though his voice made my heart leap up a bit, I had more important things to handle.

"I'm real, Remy. Now go wash your face. You look like that clown you said that made you piss your pants. Literally."Rupert reminded me and I jumped up on him, covering his mouth.

"First of all, that happened when I was six, Jerk, and second of all, I'm never going to keep a journal. Ever again!" I huffed and went to wash my face, all the while trying to cover up the red blotches of embarrassment.

I heard his laugh from my room and I blushed even more.

You know that feeling where you're embarrassed but in awe and your heart beats really fast and your palms sweat? Or that feeling where you want to ask a billion questions but you just can't seem to find your voice? Yeah, well, that's me people
♠ ♠ ♠
"next time you point the finger, I'll point it to the mirror."
-Paramore

guys, you're the best!
thanks for being so patient and for still sticking with me.
no one unsubscribed so thanks a bunch!
i'm using my sister's laptop right now, so I'll update this story
more often since I don't have the material needed for the others' on this.
new paramore cd! Buy it!

love,
lynn.