Magic The Gathering: The Rouge Chronicles

It's Time (P6)

T.P.O.V

“Tackoon! Tackoon get up” my baby sister Jayda yelled. At the age of 4 her and her twin sister Jacobi were already speaking and annoying. “Huh?! I’m up” I groaned. “Mom said get up” Jacobi screamed in my ears. Which were very sensitive. See we’re new to the world of Ravnica. We are known as Lupi. It’s a tribe recently new to this world. We have the body of humans but the ears and tails of wolfs. We can become I guess you could consider it werewolves. It’s what we’ve been known as. “Okay get off of me” I groaned. I then pushed them out of my bed and rolled back over to sleep some more.

My sisters left only to come back in the room. “Get up Tackoon!” They yelled. I leapt out of bed. “Get out of here!” I growled. I then perked my red wolf ears up and bared my teeth, to show them I was angry. They screamed and ran out of the room. I then went over to my closet. ~Might as well get dressed~ I thought. I’m Tackoon. I’m 15 years old. I stand at 5’9” and weight 143 lbs. I’m mixed with black hair that is spiked up in the front and I have grey eyes. My wolf ears and tail are a bright red.

I then grabbed a white muscle shirt that grabbed my body perfectly. Then a pair of really baggy green pants. Next came wraps to wrap around my feet and black fingerless gloves. Last was a scarf. It was baggy around my mouth and hung till about my hip. This is me. “Tackoon your ass better be up” My mom yelled. “I’m awake!” I yelled down. “Well get a move on you have training” She yelled back. Ugh I hated training. Once a Lupi is born we are given a master from the council of the tribe. We are born to fight, hunt and gather for the conclave. In a way they make slaves of us Lupi. We train with the wolves and our master.
“Mom I’m leaving!” I yelled from my room. I lived on the 2nd floor of our home I guess. I opened my window and jumped. This was my favorite way to travel. I loved feeling the wind on my face as I jumped. I then landed with a soft thud. I walked over to the shed and grabbed my metal rode and strapped it to my back. I then I grabbed my twin daggers and strapped them to my sides. I then raced through the forest to my master’s hut. As I ran wolves soon followed me. That’s another thing about us Lupi; we give off the scent of a wolf. So other wolves can pick up on us and trust us.

I ran as fast as I could. I loved this feeling. Knowing that I’m strong and can out run almost anything else. I soon came to a clearing and there sat a hut. “Master Tilshu” I called. He came out of his hut and looked me up and down. “Tackoon your training is done. You’re ready for your first mission. There is word that Vampires are running wild in the clearing of Relic. The conclave wants you to go. You’ve developed faster than any other warrior we’ve had in a long time.” Tilshu ended. I bowed respectfully. “Thank you master. I promise to make you proud” I smiled at him.

Just then Tilshu lunged at me and attacked. I dodged and knocked him off his feet. He landed on his back only to push himself up with his arms and do a flip over me. I kicked him in the jaw before he even landed. I then did a flip and landed on a mound. Tilshu growled and ran at me. I jumped over him and kicked him in the back. I dodged him as he came at me slashing his claws and baring his teeth. He gave a loud growl and I could tell this was different from any training we’ve ever done before. I then grabbed my 2 daggers and gripped one in each hand. I ran at him. Blood lust in my eyes. “Good good, I want you to fight me like I really am a Vampire.” He laughed. He jumped at me and I grabbed him and threw him to the ground. I pinned him and held a dagger to his neck. “I win” I laughed. He threw me off and helped me up.

“Your ready” He patted my shoulder. “It’s Time” He ended as I took off for Relic.