I Will Keep It Safe And Sound

The Dead Stop Dreaming

Gerard ran off to the shower and I sat on the bed, what did I just do!? I felt great, but sick at the same time. I did not just do that. I laid back on the bed, almost falling asleep. I didn't want to fall asleep, but it might be pretty awkward when Gerard comes back in the room, so I fell asleep quickly.

When I woke up, I hard arms around me. I craned my neck and saw Gerard, eyes wide open, he was just laying there holding me, "The guys want to know if you'd like to learn to swim today, at the beach." he asked me smiling.

With last times events I usually would have said, 'Hell no.' But something in Gerard's eyes told me to do say yes. "S-sure." I stammered, smiling back.

"Don't be scared, I'll be there." he smiled as he got up and left the room. He came back moments later with a black bikini, "It's my moms, but it's to small for her. She's never even used it." he handed me some of my clothes to put on as well, "Just put it on under your clothes until we get there." I looked out the window, it was already getting dark. It would be super cold water, not the best to learn to swim in.

I got up and went to get changed.

An hour later we where at the beach, and I just saw Frank. "Hey!" he smiled, running up and hugging us, "So she's gonna learn to swim?"

"Yea." Gerard smiled, "Finally."

"What does that mean?" I asked, laughing.

"That you can't swim. Come on!" Frankie said poking me and walking off. I hesistated before following him, "Hey, you'll be fine." Gerard hugged me as we got to the water. They both just walked into the water and I followed, hesitating again as the cold water rushed over my feet and ankles. I was scared, but I pushed the fear and followed them in.

Two hours later I was laying back in Gerard's arms, in the sand as Frankie made a fire. I was freezing, teeth chattering. "You'll get warm when he starts the fire." Gerard whispered in my ear, he stretched a cover over us as we waited. It took a while for one person to start a huge arse bonfire. I laid against Gerard's chest and waited.

Finally, when he got it lit we all sat near it, me still resting on Gerard. Frank and Gerard started talking as I fell back asleep, safe in Gerard's arms.