The Sadness Will Never End.

Chapter One : Grey Rain.

He wouldn’t rise from the basement all day long. Even though he could, he just chose not to. I could smell the sent of dead things. Blood that was crisp and fresh. My sense of hearing was stronger then the average human. I could hear the red liquid hit the ground. It made me shiver. Not the fact that it grossed me out, because it was my best friend. I stared at myself in the mirror, my pale pink lips, wanting it more then anything right now. But, I couldn’t. As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t. I told him I could resist it, and I had to stay to my word. Even though my father wanted me to be healthy, he also wanted me to keep my word and I was going to do just that.

The morning was the same way it was ever since I moved here. Last year. Last summer. It was a crisp summer. In the morning’s it would be cold, rarely would the afternoon be that hot. Now, it was almost winter and freezing out. The rain dripped down the window’s all day long but it wasn’t nothing severe. It was a mist of rain that layered the town as everyone walked through it. They all seemed miserable. My father didn’t like the setting of that. That’s why we choose not to live in the depression.

Noticing now that wasn’t the best idea. I wouldn’t speak to him much and I don’t even remember the last time I had a smile on my face. How could I though? There was no reason. My thirst was strong, but I refused to eat the things that made my stomach satisfied. No friends, or any acquaintances. It was an awkward state for a girl like me, since we’re usually nice and genuine people for the public eye.

The creaks of the floor weren’t loud. My light weight was nothing too it. Our old house seemed to be the oldest house around the district. There wasn’t a lot of noise in though. My father was out during the nights and his basement during the day. It was his way of living. I stayed up here and read. Sometime’s I liked to go out to the lake and think. The reason I don’t like living out here is because there’s nothing. Gives me more time to think, and thinking isn’t good in my part.

On the antique dresser that stood tall in my room was the grey messenger bag that I used for school every day. As I laced it around my shoulder, there was still nothing but silence around me. Inside of the bag was nothing. I had no homework over the weekend, so it was empty. I grabbed my jacket off the chair beside the dresser and looked around my room one more time before leaving. My window was wide open like always but that didn’t matter. If it were to become wet inside during the day, it still wouldn’t matter to me. It’s not like water can hurt me.

My converse hit the ground of the floors. I tried to be the quietest I could. I needed to get downstairs and to the bus stop with no noise. If I were to corrupt my father, he’d come upstairs and try to strike up conversation. I told him that I needed to be alone in order to get the thoughts out of my head, but he wouldn’t bare it. He knows that it’ll only make it worse, but I keep telling him the same thing whenever we bump into each other.

The white door of my room was half way open. The gold handle on it was tearing. The gold was ripping off and you could see the rust under it. The house was our ancestors. My dad told me that it was too far in memory to repair any of it. I knew sooner or later that it would become nothing but a broken down house and we’d have to leave.

I stepped out into the dust on the wood floor of the upstair’s hallway. I don’t remember when the last time was that I went into any other room up here. There was no need to. There was another room that was my mother’s, and another that belonged to my twin brother’s. No one know’s where they are anymore. We used to live in the dept of Germany, somewhere where it was more common to find our kind. To see more thing’s that would be normal to us and not to the human eye. There, my brother’s and mother stayed. They sent my father and I here about a year ago to keep the family house safe.

My Grandfather Rio was the one in the family that made it all happen. His mother was one of our kind and his father wasn’t. My great grandparent’s fell in love. That was when we were exposed. My great grandmother was shot away by the town’s people, along with her family. Her father told her that she could never turn anyone into what she was. It was monstrous thing. They were together though. They needed to be. In time, along came my grandfather Rio and his sister Elizabeth.

Rio was out here in, looking for people. His mother couldn’t keep the promise to her father. She had to turn Rio into one of us because he was awfully sick. She sent him on trips from time to time to find people like us. Make sure that they weren’t exposes us to what we were. Then here, he found a girl by the name of Jillian Ingis. Rio Williams fell in love and he couldn’t help it.

At first, Jillian couldn’t believe what he told her. What he made her feel, and when he showed her what he could do. It was a lot to take in. It was a lot to take in for anyone, but she ended up becoming immortal just like us. Cold blooded, blood sucking, monster is what she became and Rio did not want any of that. After they had my father, Frederic, she lost all morals that she told Rio she’d keep. She went insane. She didn’t keep her promises, just like my grandmother.

My mother, Elane, was already one of us. My father was in Italy, visiting some friends from Germany. There he met Elane and her sister Catherine. They were odd for vampire’s. They liked to joke about their status, but after Elane met Frederic, it all changed. She was more strict, and serious about who she was. Especially after she had my twin brother’s, Jeremiah and James.

Three years later, they had me. As a child, I grew quickly but surely. I craved the sent and drank to most blood from human veins that I could. My father had never seen anything like this. He’s never seen an immortal infant crave it so much. He’s only heard about it before, and the only person he’s heard it about was his grandmother. I got my roots from her. It’s how it went. I also got her thoughts. Those sick thought’s. I didn’t want them. I didn’t ask for any of this.

My pale hand grabbed onto the banister. I looked down the cracked white stairs, staring at the door at the end of them. Around the house, all it was, was grey. There was no colour. No feel. It was like this all the time. I sighed, breathing in and out heavily. I did not know what time it was, but I knew I’d miss the bus soon if I weren’t to hurry up. I stepped one foot on the first step and walked down the stair case slowly. There was no need to risk my father from coming upstair’s. I didn’t want to hear what he had to say.

Grabbing the handle of the door, I listened to the sounds of the house. I could hear the breaking over the bones. A cougar, I could smell it. I could hear it. The limb’s of the cougar was a unique break and I never understood why. The lick of my father’s tongue and the sound of the dripping blood made my lips drench with saliva. I took in a deep breath, opening the door quickly. I knew he was doing that just to make me come to my breaking point, but it wouldn’t work for me. I couldn’t do it.

Shutting the old white door behind me, I looked out into the front yard. In the stone driveway was my father’s blue car that I never really went in. I never went in town, minus when I had to go to school. I had my license though and I didn’t know why. Out in the lawn was nothing but weeds, and green grass. It would be brown and crisp, but all the rain kept it in it’s best condition.

My converse hit the ground and the water surrounded them. Usually this would be a cold feeling to the normal human, but I guess I’m not that normal. I set my bag on the step for a second and put my coat around me. I picked my bag back up and then began to walk across my field I guess you could call it. It wasn’t quite a lawn. I mean, sure, it’s well kept and green, but if you saw it, you wouldn’t think ‘front lawn’ when you looked at it. I don’t know why.

Then in the faint, I could hear the sounds of the bus. Then I took my rush, and got there, down the road in time for the bus. I don’t know why, but no one has seen me do this before, but I’d like to keep it that way. I can’t run at a normal pace and I didn’t like it. I couldn’t go out for any sport’s teams or track because it would take over me. If I were to join athletic things, I wouldn’t be me anymore. I’d be in the Olympic’s or something crazy like that. It’s too risky.

The yellow bus stopped in front of me and then the bus driver named Lynn opened the door. She smiled at me and I nodded. I walked up the four steps and looked back. It was the normal teenaged life. People talking and laughing. Some texting, other’s listening to musical devices. My father doesn’t believe in stuff like that. I usually feel left out. Another reason why people think I’m ‘abnormal’ at my school. I don’t really wish I had electrical devices though. I came to become used to it now.

I walked own the isle of the bus and looked for somewhere to me to sit. There, a vacant seat sat. I nodded slowly to myself and took a seat. In front of me was Blaise Jacobs and Ebony Taylor. They were the girls that everyone loved to hate at our school. The typical girl’s that loved to make your life hell. Especially mine. I don’t know why they did. There was more freak’s in the school but me, but they still choose to manipulate mine. I didn’t understand this generation of teens.

Blaise’s blond hair swooped back, as she looked at me. Her bright smile, then a chuckle of laughter - not in a good way. I sighed and looked out the window. I just sat there and examined the drips of water on the window. I didn’t want to go to school. Nothing exciting happens and that’s something I hated. Nothing to get my mind off things. Then I day dream. Then I can’t get my mind off the horror flash photo’s in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
These are just short chapter's.
I try to put discription in them, is that working out?
Please comment, it makes me smile.
PS: Oliver will be coming in the next chapter.