Your Eyes Shine Like The Stars At Night

Fear

Image

I cut the engine when I pulled into Darren’s driveway at exactly 11:59, according to the clock on the dashboard. It took me about thirty-five minutes to find his house from the directions Seth had scrawled on my hand. After I figured out what street it was, I realized I could’ve found the house on my own; it should’ve only taken about fifteen minutes to get there from my place. Seth couldn’t give directions if his life depended on it.

I didn’t bother knocking; Seth had said to just come in and go straight to the basement when I arrived. I pushed the door open, which led to a foyer. No voices or footsteps were head; I assumed they were all downstairs by now. I entered the unfamiliar kitchen, seeing a wooden door with a sign taped to it, probably to make sure I knew where to go. “Basement” it read, in black Sharpie. It looked as if it were written by a five year-old.

Upon opening the door, I heard Seth hammering out a drum pattern as Josh played a bass rhythm over it. The playing was cut short when Darren ran up the steps to me, ripping my guitar from my grip, and grabbing my hand with his other hand. “What are you doing?!” I laughed as he dragged me downstairs like a puppy on a leash pulling its owner.

“You’re late! We can’t waste any more time!” he shouted, handing my guitar back to me and running over to his microphone.

“It’s not my fault Seth doesn’t know how to give understandable directions,” I muttered. They ignored my comment as they started into the first song. For that being our first time practicing together with me in the band, we were doing a really good job.

We played until about two o’clock, when we heard yells and screams coming from upstairs. “Practice time!” Alex yelled as he opened the door to the basement. Alex, Rian, Jack and Zack were coming down the steps in a conga line, shaking their hips and waving their arms. I was the only one who found this strange; Josh, Darren and Seth completely ignored it like it was normal.

“A conga line?” I asked.

Josh just shrugged. “It’s the typical ATL behavior. They’re a little weird. You get used to it.”

“We are not weird!” Rian challenged.

“Shut up and let’s play,” Zack interrupted.

They played while my bandmates and I watched. They truly were incredible; Rian was an excellent drummer, Zack had impressive bass-playing skills, Alex was an extremely talented guitarist and vocalist, and Jack was playing his guitar effortlessly.

I listened in awe at their music; I’d never heard any of their songs before, but I knew that I’d soon become a fan. I was proud to say I was getting to tour with them.

Jack looked over at me a few times, and we locked eyes. Every time he noticed I’d caught him looking, he’d quickly turn his head away.

As they finished their last song, they all got up from their respective instruments and came over to Darren, Josh, Seth and I who were scrunched together on the couch. Rian and Zack sat on a different couch, and Jack and Alex sat on the floor.

“You guys excited for tomorrow?” Rian asked.

“Definitely. It feels like we haven’t toured in forever,” Josh replied dreamily.

“How about this little thing?” Alex jerked his thumb toward me. “Have you ever been on tour before?”

I shook my head. “This’ll be my first one. I’m so excited!”

“It’s pretty crazy,” Jack said, finally speaking to me. “It’s a rush, but it might be overwhelming at first since it’s your first tour.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” I nodded.

“Alright, everyone out of my house!” Darren demanded. “I still need to pack.”

“Do you do everything at the last minute?” Josh asked. “You’re starting to seem like an ATL boy.”

“I would just like to say that I’m done packing already,” Rian defended.

“But you’re perfect, duh,” Darren laughed. “You’re the only responsible member of your band.” Zack punched him in the shoulder, making him yelp in pain. It was a punch from Mr. Muscle, after all.

“Okay, shoo!” Darren waved his arms around, trying to get people to clear out. Everyone ran upstairs and out the front door, going home. I was about to get in my car when Jack put his hand on my door to stop me from closing it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Scarlett,” he smiled sweetly.

“Bye Jack.” I closed my door and saw him waving lightly at me through my window as I drove down the street. I couldn’t help but notice the heat creeping onto my cheeks.

-------

“SCARLETT!” Josh yelled as I got onto our tour bus.

“JOSH!” I reciprocated.

He wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off the ground. “We’re going on tour!” he exclaimed.

“I know! I can’t believe it. It’s surreal,” I sighed contently.

“So, have you ever seen the inside of a tour bus before?” Darren asked.

I shook my head, tagging along as he showed me around. The “grand tour” of the bus, as he called it, didn’t take long; there wasn’t much to show that wasn’t in plain sight besides the bunks and the back lounge.

Seth sat down on the couch, pulling me onto his lap. “You’re my little munchkin now, and I’m not letting you go!” I laughed at his random outburst, and he pouted. “Why are you laughing?”

I just shook my head as the bus door opened and four tall boys walked in. “Hey guys!” Alex exclaimed. I cleared my throat loudly. “And girl,” he nodded.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“Any time, pumpkin,” Alex chuckled.

“Don’t call her pumpkin! She’s my munchkin!” Seth whined.

Alex rolled his eyes. “Well, once we get to the first city, we’re going out to eat. You all coming with?”

My bandmates and I agreed, and the All Time Low boys got off our bus, going to their own.

It only took about two hours to get to the first venue, since it wasn’t very far away. We parked, and exited, waiting in the parking lot for Jack, Rian, Zack and Alex.

They soon appeared, and Zack suggested we go to a little restaurant, which was right across the street. We sat in a long booth in the corner. All the guys slid in before me, but Jack motioned his hand for me to sit down, then he sat beside me on the edge.

The waitress came, and she had to have been at least twenty-one, maybe twenty-two. “What’re we having today?” she smiled.

She looked around the table, expecting someone to order, but they all just stared at her cleavage, which was about to pop out of her uniform.

I rolled my eyes at their hormonal male behavior, and ordered since no one else seemed to know how to speak. They finally all found their voices, and ordered, too.

She walked away, and they all turned their bodies to watch her walk back to the kitchen. “That’s the nicest ass I’ve ever seen,” Zack awed.

“Did you fucking see her rack?” Seth asked.

“I can’t say anything,” Rian said. “I’ve got Kara.”

“Me neither. I covered my eyes. I’ve got Brittany,” Alex said.

The food came, and I looked at my measly order. A water and a small plate of fries. “Is that seriously all you wanted?” Jack asked. “If you get hungry, you can have some of mine,” he offered.

“No thanks. I’m not really that hungry,” I responded politely.

Everyone paid for their portion, and we left the restaurant, all of us going to my band’s bus.

“You ready to play onstage in front of an audience?” Rian asked me.

It was really only then that I realized I was about to show the world what I could do. My heartbeat increased as I wondered. What if the fans didn’t like me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love? :D

You're all amazing and I love you.

I have two other active stories that you should check out and comment on!
Writing You A Symphony Of Sound featuring Jack Barakat
and
Get A Grip On The Fact That We Don't Last featuring Alex Gaskarth.

Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr! :D