Status: Active.

They Call Her Special

Chapter-5

You’re growing too fast.
“What the hell?” I said out loud, as I stopped walking. My Mother’s voice had startled me.
She continued, You’re already hearing thoughts, you can do almost everything that your Father and I are capable of now.
Thanks. I responded. Oh, did you hear about the new kid? You must have already met his parents right?
We’re with them now. She told me. Your Father and I think that’s what caused the incident that you had this morning.
I let out a sigh of relief. Good. I’ll see you later mom, I have to go to Science.
I opened my locker, Jared’s was to the right of mine.
“Your mom talk to you too?” he asked. I looked over at him and smiled, “Yeah, just now.” I told him. “Figures.” he responded.
Jared and I walked into science, both sitting in the back of the room, both placing our books down on our desks at the same time. I looked up after I sat down and saw a girl glancing at me, I looked at her with a blank expression.
I knew she hated me. Everyone did.
I figured I’d have some fun with her.
Want something? I asked her. She immediately looked distraught, she started looking around the room as if someone had called out her name.
Over here. I whispered to her. “Quit messing around.” Jared whispered to me.
“Why?” I asked, “This is fun, it’s new to me.” He didn’t respond.
The girl was still looking around as if she was lost, I was hoping she would eventually lose her mind.
The bell rang just as the teacher walked into class.
“Good morning.” she said, almost no one responded to her.
Mrs. Marks was very well respected in the school, and the community. She was one of the best science teachers, it was very clear she knew exactly what she was talking about, to me she was the perfect teacher.
She walked behind Jared and I, giving us both a warm smile as she walked to her desk. I returned a smile, but wasn’t sure why, it was odd of her to do that.
“Everybody have your books?” she asked loudly. I nodded, and the rest of the class started to open their books and flip through the pages.
It’s easy. I told Jared, meaning that the class and everything we learned was easy to understand.
So they don’t even know that we’re talking right now? He asked.
I don’t know how they could. So really, we could talk all day long. I already know all of this anyways, I was taught all of this when I was about five. I told him.
Well, I’m not sure if I know this stuff yet. My mom has been teaching me more about myself then what I could be learning in school. He told me.
I understand. My dad’s pretty much the same, always wanted to teach me about myself so I can become better.
It’s such a drag. He said.
I know right..., I was about to continue, but then I started to pay attention to Mrs. Marks.
“Today is all about Matter.” she announced.
Know it. Both Jared and I said at the same time, we both smiled and I tried not to laugh.
“Have you gone over this yet?” she asked, I looked up and saw her looking at Jared, I then looked over at him. “I learned this more towards the beginning of the year at my last school.” he told her.
You’re such a good liar. I told him.
I’ve been practicing all my life. He replied.
“Still I want you to pay attention.” she told him.
“Will do.” he replied with a smile. I thought that Mrs. Marks was already calling him a snob.
-
We went over the chemical bonds, the neutrons, electrons, and protons. So it wasn’t about just matter. We did practice problems, then were informed we would have a quiz on the Chapter on Friday.
-
We went back to our lockers. I placed my book back on the shelf and shut my locker, looking at Jared. “Third period.” I said.
“So, where do I change my class?” he asked. “I’ll show you.”
-
I dragged him to the very end of the hall, I was already going to be late to class, I wasn’t in a hurry.
I knocked on the door that said “Mr. Morgan.” and waited for it to open. “Counselor.” I told Jared, he looked a little confused. “Oh.” he said and nodded once.
The door opened, “Yes?” he asked.
Mr. Morgan was one of the oldest people who still worked at the high school, and I think one of the tallest. He had a small beard, and almost no mustache. He usually wore dark pants, and a black jacket. His skin was darker then the rest of us who lived in the area, almost looked red sometimes. I respected him, but I wasn’t sure how he felt about me. I almost never talked to him.
“I need to change my class.” Jared said behind me. Mr. Morgan looked at Jared, then at me. “What do you need?” he asked. I glanced back at Jared, “He needed directions.” I told Mr. Morgan. “Well you can go back to class now.” he said.
I turned around to Jared, “I’ll see you in math.” I told him and walked to my next class.