Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 6

We followed Brandt to the exit, the sun was still high in the sky and it was boiling.

As soon as we got into the light I got a look at Brandt. His skin was tanned, his eyes were brown and his black hair was cropped short.

I wouldn’t admit it to anybody but he was good looking.

“So where are we going exactly” Ian’s curious voice came from beside me.

“Like I said before, we are going to the caves” Brandt replied.

“I know that, you already told us that part but, where exactly are the caves.”

“It’s where we all live, the people that are still humans I mean.”

“When you say people, how many people are you talking about?”

“There are 29 of us all together, we just got four new people come to the cave”

“29” I said in amassment

Brandt looked at me with a smile on his face “Yea, there are 29. The caves were a statuary when the worm take over started up and it has got bigger over time.”

“So what are the caves like? Are they your own underground civilisation or something?”

“Yea, they are exactly like an underground civilisation. We grow most of our own food, we have our own sleeping areas, a bath room and everything.”

“That sounds amazing! An actual place to wash and eat. Everything we always wanted“

I couldn’t help but sound amazed by what he was saying.

“Well mostly everything, you’ll love it there.”

“I think I just might.”

“It’s not far now, see that there that’s it” he pointed to place in a rock.

“What that hole in the rock?” Kyle asked confused.

“Yes, that hole in the rock but it is way better on the inside.” Brandt gestured as he started to walk in the cave “Welcome, to your new home” he added.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it short, but i wanted the inside of the cave to be part of the next chapter.

comment
subscibe
:)