Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 8

Before any of us could answer Jeb, Brandt stepped in.

“Hey, Jeb these are some people I found out in the desert.” It was obvious that Brandt was nervous, by the way his voice wavered, but he spoke up anyway.

“I can see that Brandt, but who are they?”

“Well, this is Kyle, Ian and their sister Esmee.” He said pointing to us individually.

I always hated the way everyone introduced me as ‘their sister Esmee’ I am a person in my own right and I think that is why it always gets on my nervous.

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you all. I guess that you’ve already figured out that I’m Jeb” he said warmly, then added and if you are going to stay here, which I guess you are, then you’ll have to do your fair share of work We all do with no exceptions.”

“What type of work?” I asked curiously.

“Well honey, there are lots of different types of work like harvesting, planting, bread making, watering the fields and lots, lots more.”

“You’ve got to work your stay.” Jeb added

“That doesn’t seen that bad if you ask me.”

“It’s a better living than you’ve had lately, anyway.” He gave a small chuckle.

“You’ve got that right.” Kyle mumbled.

Jeb acted like he didn’t hear what Kyle said and spoke directly to Doc.

“Doc would you mind taking Kyle and Ian to their room, there one left in the same sleeping area as yours and then Esmee can share the same room as you, Doc” Jeb added “You don’t mind that do you Doc, you have an extra mattress in yours, right?”

“Yea and that’s fine.” Doc answered.

“No, no, no Es is not sharing a room and a bed with him.” Kyle almost yelled, while pointing a finger at Doc.

Jeb just laughed at Kyle’s Outburst.

“No, not a bed, but yes a room, there are two mattresses on opposite sides of the room.” Jeb was still laughing.

“Come on Kyle, nothing is going to happen, he’s not going to get within a ten foot radius of me that way, trust me” I said and then to ruin my moment Ian burst out laughing.

“Kyle, you know that she’s right” Ian said straightening up.

“Ok, but if you do anything to my sister, I’ll brake your face.” Kyle threatened.

“Well, now that’s sorted lets get a move on. Doc will lead the way.” Jeb said dismissing us. “And I’ll see you all later.” He added with a smile and a wave.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it late been really, really busy so what i've done is this i the first of two updates
so enjoy
subcribe and cooment
love you all!!