Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 9

It is my first day here at the caves and I am loving it. My job for the day is kneading the bread and I was just getting into the swing of it when from across the room I heard someone call.
“Hey, you must be one of the new people Doc was talking about earlier. I’m Lily by the way.” A woman said from across the room. Her hair was salt and pepper grey and braided down her back, her eyes were bright blue.
“Yea, I’m one of the new people” I said holding out my hand and added “I’m Esmee by the way but you can call me Es.”
“Nice to meet you, do you know many people here yet?” she asked smiling widely at me.
“No, not really I’ve only met Jeb, Doc and Brandt.”
“Cool, well in that case after we are both finished work for the day I’ll show you around and then you can meet everyone.”
“Yea, that would be nice.”
“I can’t wait. I’ll meet you here after I’m finished for the day. Two other women entered the room and Lily waved her hand and greeted them. “Hi Paige, Heidi hope you are good today!”
She turned to me and smiled “They are really nice people”.
A girl with straight blonde hair turned to me and smiled “Hey, I’m Paige it’s lovely to meet you, Esmee right?”
“It’s nice to meet you and yea it’s Esmee but please call me Es.” I answered smiling back at the two girls.
“Es that’s a lovely name I’m Heidi” The other girl with short ash blonde hair said.
“Now that, that’s sorted lets all get back to work. I am showing Es around after work you can join us if you like” Lily said finishing by clapping her hands together excitedly.
“Yes, count me in” Paige said smiling wildly.
“Me too” Heidi said happily
“Ok then, when we all get off work we’ll all meet up in the main section of the caves, since you two know where you are going.” Lily added “I’ll see you later then, bye”
“Bye” we all said at the same time.
Paige, Heidi and I didn’t talk that much we were all concentrating on our work but time went by very quick and before we knew it we had all finished all our work.
“Are we all finished?” Heidi asked clapping her hand together shaking off the excess flour before taking out the last tray of bread out of the oven.
“Yes, we’re ready” she said looking at me and I just nodded.
“Ok then, let’s go meet Lily in the main section” she said walking to the exit.
We all walked through the dark caves to the main section where we saw Lily standing in the middle of the large room.
“There you guys are I have been waiting for you for ages” she said while walking over to us with a huge smile on her face.
“Sorry Lil, Heidi was taking forever” Paige said with a laugh.
“Ok then, let’s get started follow me” she said walking to one of the tunnels on the other side of the room.
She walked through a long corridor until she came into another room that had tables scattered across the room and then on one side of the room there was a large counter with food placed in buckets on top of it and a couple of pots that looked like they held some kind of liquid in it.
“Let’s get something to eat and then you can meet some of the people around here and by the way this is the kitchen” she said while we all walk over to the counter with the food on it we all grabbed a bread role like the ones that we had been making earlier, some kind of soup and a bottle of water. We all walked over to a table with five other people on it.
“Hey guys, this is Esmee but we all just call her Es” Lily said to the small group.
“Hey, I’m Trudy and this is Aaron, Heath, my husband Geoffrey and Wes.” she introduced everyone in the group.
“It’s nice to meet you all” I said smiling wildly.
“So, how do you like it here?” The blonde headed woman called Trudy asked.
“I love it here, it’s a lovely place to live and everyone here is so nice” I said smiling at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry again but here is update number two of the week.

by the way if anyone want to make me any backround, banners or anything please do!!

comment and subscribe!!