Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Chapter 28

Time Elapse: Saturday April 17th.
Jaz’s POV

“Yes mom…no mom…MOM! He just proposed; give me some time will ya? No ma’am I was not trying to be disrespectful…I’m sorry mama. Yes ma’am, but mama, I don’t even know Gracie Lou. No I don’t remember her from playschool. Mama, I am not inviting some girl I don’t even remember to my wedding! Mama, can I talk to daddy please? Ok, I love you too.” I rubbed my forehead in pure frustration as I waited for my mother to put my dad on the phone.

“Hey baby, what’s goin on? Your mama is about fit to be tied.”
“Daddy, you have to help me out here. She wants me to invite people I don’t remember, people I haven’t ever met, that bitch Susannah Freemont from high school. You have to make her stop!”
“Ok baby girl, calm down, I’ll have a talk with her. Have you talked to Johnny about having the wedding here yet?”
“Not yet, I’m going to do that today. I honestly don’t think it will be a problem. I have to go though daddy, will you please talk to mama for me?”
“Of course sweetheart, I’ll see you in a few weeks. I love you.”
“Love you too daddy, bye.” I slid my phone closed and flopped on mine and Johnny’s bed, burying my face in one of my many pillows. Why did this have to be so complicated? I knew I was going to have to talk to Johnny, but he already told me that I could have whatever I wanted, I just needed to tell him the day, time, and place and he’d be there. I heard the door open and close, so I lifted my head up to glare at whoever had interrupted my only alone time for the whole day. My face softened when I saw Trini standing by the door looking nervous and embarrassed.

“Can I talk to you? I know you said that you didn’t want to talk to anyone, but none of the other girls are home and I really don’t want to talk to any of the guys about this.” Ok, now I was worried. I sat up and patted the spot beside me on the bed; she smiled in relief and plopped down next to me.

“What’s up sweetheart?” She blushed bright red and fell over, putting her head in my lap. I laughed and started running my fingers through her hair, knowing she would talk when she was ready.

“So I was hanging out with Mitch the other day in his room right? And at first everything was cool, we were just laying on his bed watching a movie, then he started kissing me, and then we were making out, then his hand went up my shirt. That’s when I stopped him, told him I was uncomfortable, and he said it was ok, but I think he got mad, because he didn’t even talk to me again until he dropped me off. He kissed me good bye, then he left. Did I do something wrong? Should I have just let him do whatever?” I kept my breathing even and my fingers moving through her hair even as I saw red.

“No, you did absolutely the right thing. If he does something that makes you uncomfortable, you need to tell him. I don’t think he was mad at you sweetie, I think he was just frustrated. He isn’t that much older than you, and for a teenage boy, controlling hormones is hard. I do think you should talk to him, and if he doesn’t understand, or if he really is mad, then give him some space. I think you guys will be fine though, ok?” she nodded her head and smiled up at me, I grinned softly before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.
“Ok, thanks Jaz, I’ll leave you alone now, cuz yooou need to talk to Johnny!” She sang, then jumped up and bolted out of the room giggling psychotically. I shook my head and grinned as I picked up the phone to call my fiancé, Jesus that girl is insane.

“Hey babe, what’s up?”
“I needed to ask you something about the wedding.”
“Ok, shoot.”
“How would you feel about getting married in Georgia?” I bit my lip nervously as I waited for his answer.
“That sounds great baby, in your parent’s church right?”
“Yeah, how did you know?”
“Baby, you ALWAYS talk about how much you love Georgia in the fall and I catch you going through that copy of your parent’s wedding album at least twice a month. Its fine with me if you want the wedding there ok? I gotta go now baby, they need me to record, I’ll see you at home later.”
“Ok babe, I love you!”
“I love you too, bye baby.”

Lynnie’s POV
“Jasey, let’s go shopping!” I yelled as I ran into her room. I stopped dead and smiled sheepishly when she glared at me from her bed, Aja curled up next to her.
“I can’t today Lynn, Aja is sick, so I don’t want to leave her with Trinity. Sorry love.” I smiled softly and kissed the little girl’s forehead,
“Its fine Jase, I’ll go find Corra or something. See ya later!” I sang as I skipped out of the room. Twenty minutes later, and I hadn’t had any luck in finding a shopping buddy. Wait, where was Kat? Ohhh, I know where she is. I grinned to myself as I ran downstairs to the gym Matt and Brian had insisted on getting installed after we moved in.

“Oh Kitty Kat!” I sang, she stopped the treadmill she was currently destroying and turned to look at me.
“Yes dahling?”
“I wanna go shopping and get my hair done, come on, I need a buddy.” She grinned and nodded, hopping off the treadmill,
“Ok, can you give me twenty minutes to shower and change?”
“Of course Kitty, I’ll be in the family room watching cartoons.” I stated as I calmly walked back upstairs. I was sitting on the couch watching Spongebob when Kat came running in and plopped down on my lap,
“I’m ready, let’s go!” she exclaimed, clapping her hands and jumping to her feet. She grabbed my hands and pulled me up, but she pulled too hard and we both ended up on the floor.

“Well that didn’t work out the way I wanted.” Kat remarked dryly, I just laughed and got to my feet, pulling her up with me. We both managed to stay on our feet this time, so we grabbed our bags and walked out to Brian’s Tahoe.
“So where are we going first?” Kat asked while we were pulling out of the driveway,
“I think we’ll go get my hair done first, and then go shopping. I think we should get yours done too, the brown is getting boring, no offense. But you aren’t in the Army anymore, so you don’t have to follow their rules. Sound good?”
“Sounds good, I’ve been wanting to do something to it anyway, and isn’t Trinity’s birthday soon?”
“Yeah, shit, it’s in three days dude. Ok, so we’re gonna go get our hair done, then we need to start planning Trin’s Sweet Sixteen. Oh this is gonna be soooo much fun!” I squealed as I pulled out my phone to call Matt,

“Yes you pink haired pixie?”
“Oh shut up Hulk. I have a question.”
“What the hell did you do?”
“I haven’t done anything yet you asswipe, and it’s your daughter’s sixteenth birthday on Tuesday, have you guys planned anything yet?”
“Oh shit, it’s that close? No we haven’t planned anything yet. Why?”
“Ok, chill out. Me and the girls have this shit covered man. We’ll do a family thing on Tuesday night, then an actual party on Saturday. Is that cool?”
“Yeah, sounds great. I have to go, thank you so fuckin much Lynn. Tell Kat thanks too.”
“No problem Matty. Wait, how did you know Kat was with me?”
“Because all the girls; with the exception of Jase and Trin, just showed up at the studio.”
“Oh…Ok bye!” I said and hung up my phone, quickly dialing Trinity’s cell.

“Trinity’s fun house, how can I harm you today?”
“Nice kid, really. Where are you?”
“I’m with Mitch, why?”
“Ok, well we’re gonna pick you up in a few hours so we can start planning your birthday party.”
“A party? Guys, I don’t need a party, it’s seriously just another day.” I could hear Mitch mumble something in the backround before I heard Trini yell at Mitch to give her phone back.

“Hey Lynnie, she wants a party, she just doesn’t know it yet. Trinity, baby, it’s your Sweet 16, you want a party. Ok Lynn, where do you want me to take her?”
“Haha, bring her to the Shore Crest Mall in two hours, we’ll meet you in the Hot Topic by the food court.”
“Alrighty; will do. See ya later!” I laughed when I heard Trin start yelling at Mitch, then the dial tone. I looked at Kat and grinned mischievously, she just quirked an eyebrow.
“Trinity says she doesn’t want a party, but according to Mitch she does and just doesn’t want us to spend money on it, so I’m gonna go with Mitch and say she wants a party. He’s gonna meet us at the mall in two hours, I think we should go pick up the rest of the girls.” She smirked and nodded, pulling out her phone and dialing a number,

“Danny, meet me at the Shore Crest Mall in an hour and a half. No I’m not telling you what you’re doing. I don’t care if you want pancakes. Daniel Adam Donahue, if you don’t agree to meet me at the damn mall in an hour and a half, I’ll Trish about that one night in boot camp. Yes I know I’m evil, you love me anyway. Ok darling, see ya in a bit.” I just smiled to myself as I waited for Corra to pick up her phone,

“Hey sexy, what’s shakin?”
“We’re planning Trin’s sweet 16; meet me at the diner on 85th and Hunt in twenty minutes with the girls. Is Aja feeling better?”
“Ok sweets, we’ll be there. Yeah she is, I think she was just tired honestly.”
“Ok, well I have to go, I’m driving and I see a cop. Later!”
“Bye chick!” I looked at Kat and smirked as I hung up my phone,
“Operation Sweet Sixteen is a go.”

Corra’s POV
“Girls! I NEED YOU IN THE LIVING ROOM!” I screamed as I snapped my phone shut. I smiled as they all came running down the stairs, looking extremely confused.
“We need to go to the diner by that little strip mall on Hunt Street. We’re going to plan Trinity’s Sweet Sixteen.” They all squealed and clapped, running to grab shoes and purses. We piled into my truck and made the twenty minute drive to the diner, running inside when we saw Kat and Lynnie already had a booth.
“So, how are we doing this thing? Should we go big? Or something small?” Jaz asked, we all looked at each other,
“Big” we said together. We sat in the diner for an hour, talking and eating and planning, and by the time we were done, we had the most amazing party ever. I couldn’t wait to see Trinity’s reaction when she sees what we have planned.

Trinity’s POV
“But baby, I don’t want a party. I don’t like being the center of attention, and knowing those girls, this thing is gonna be fuckin HUGE! Do I have to go?” I whined at Mitch, he just laughed and nodded. We had talked everything over, and he wasn’t mad at me for stopping our little ‘session’ he was just frustrated. Everything was cool now, and I was currently trying to talk him out of meeting the girls at the mall.

“Trinity, baby, your sixteenth birthday is a big deal; just let them do this for you. You know that if you don’t have one, you’ll regret it. It’s not even that big of a deal, they want a party, let them do all the planning ok?” I nodded and walked into his open arms, resting my head on his chest.

“Ok, I’ll let them do it. But I swear to god Mitch, if this gets too out of hand, I’m blaming it on you.” I mumbled against his shirt. He just laughed and kissed the top of my head,
“Ok baby, but we really have to leave now, or we’re gonna be late.” I sighed and nodded, pulling away and putting on the most pathetic face I could manage,
“Alright, lets got meet my doom.” What the hell have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh snap, the mall shit will be in the next chapter =] Whats going to happen? I honestly don't know yet lol. So, a small challenge for you, my dear readers.

When you comment, give me any ideas you may have on what you think will happen, or what should happen. Give me your favorite part of this chapter. The person with the best comment shall either have a guest appearance if your not in the story already, or will have something HUGE happen to them if you are in the story. That being said, I want 6 comments before I start writing the next update, and 10 before I post. Good? Good.

I LOVE YOU ALL =]