Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Chapter 33

Matt’s POV
I clutched Trinity to my side as I tried to maneuver my way out of the mall, all the kids were freaking out, they had no clue what was going on. We were almost out of the door when I heard his voice,
“And where do you think you’re going princess?” I felt Trin grab my arm, she didn’t want this to turn into a confrontation. Too late.
“Fuck off asshole, or I’ll call the cops.”
“You can’t tell me what to do, I’m her father.” He sneered and walked forward, and before we could even blink, all the kids had surrounded Trinity, Evan and Blaze in the front.

“Don’t you fucking come any closer you god damn prick.” Blaze hissed, putting his hands in his pockets,
“What are you gonna do little boy?” He took one more step and Blaze pulled his hands out of his pockets, brass knuckles now adorning his hands.
“This,” was all he said before he crashed his fist into Derek’s face, sending him crashing to the ground.
“She is NOT your daughter, she’s Matt’s daughter, and she is OUR sister, and we protect OUR family. Remember that the next time you decided to fuck with her.” Evan spat, kicking Derek in the side before grabbing Blaze’s arm and turning back to Trinity. They gently pulled her away from me and into their circle, keeping her surrounded as we walked to the car. Twenty minutes later and they had her inside the house, down in the basement, everyone wrapped around each other. I studying them when Brian came downstairs,

“What are you doing man?”
“Look at them; they’re drawing comfort from each other. All of them are touching, and all of them are touching Trin. It’s like a litter of puppies.”
“You think one of us should call Mitch?” I nodded, walking upstairs as I pulled out my phone and dialing a familiar number.

“Hello?”
“Hey Mitch it’s Matt.”
“Oh, hey sir, what’s up?”
“Something happened with Trinity today,”
“What happened? Is she ok?”
“She told you about what happened before I adopted her right?”
“Yeah…”
“We had a confrontation with Derek today.”
“I’ll be there in five.” I stared at my phone as the line went dead, then tucked the phone back into my pocket. Exactly five minutes later the doorbell rang, and I opened the door to find Mitch,

“She’s down in the basement.” He nodded and bolted down the hall towards the stairs, I smiled as I shook my head, he’s good for my girl. I was contemplating daughter’s relationship when the doorbell rang again, I walked over and opened it to reveal a very unhappy looking man in a monkey suit carrying a manila envelope.

“Are you Matthew Sanders?”
“Yes?” He held out the envelope,
“You’ve been served.”
“Wait, what? What the hell is going on?”
“I’m sorry sir, I just deliver the papers, I don’t know what’s inside,” was all he said before he walked away. I went and sat down at the table as I opened the envelope, taking out the papers, scanning over them I realized that Derek and Jennifer were suing for custody of Trinity. Shit, I walked over to the intercom and dialed the guy’s rooms, knowing they would have the girls with them.
“Emergency meeting in the office, NOW.”

Trinity’s POV

I was laying with my friends, not saying anything, just drawing comfort from them, when Mitch walked in and immediately picked me up, walking over to the couch and sitting down with me in his lap.
“What happened baby?”
“He saw me Mitch, he talked to me. I was so scared, how the fuck did he find me? He’s gonna get to me Mitchell, I can feel it.”
“Shh, baby it’s ok. He won’t get to you, you know that. We’re all gonna protect you, and I know Evan and Blaze went after the bastard.” I nodded against his chest, a faint smile playing across my lips,

“He took a step towards me and my dad didn’t even have to move, Blaze hit him in the face, and then Evan kicked him. I’ve got pretty awesome brothers don’t I?”
“Yes you do sweetheart, and you’re not going anywhere alone anymore, one of the guys will be with you at all times, got it?” I nodded and cuddled deeper into his lap, laying my head on his chest. I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head and I smiled before looking up, he got my silent message and kissed me softly, but I was tired of soft. I heard my friends leave the room as I ran my tongue over Mitch’s lips, asking for entrance, which he quickly granted. Our tongues battled for dominance, before I gave in and let him explore my mouth. I pulled away and pecked his lips again as my dad came downstairs.

“Alright Trin, quit sucking face, I need to talk to you, right now. Mitch, grab the kids and take them into the office, Brian is waiting for you upstairs.” He nodded and kissed me once more before bounding up the stairs. We followed him up into my dad’s office, where everyone was sitting. Ok, now I’m nervous.

“Sit down sweetheart.”
“Daddy, what’s going on?” I asked as I sat down, I really didn’t like the way everyone was looking at me.
“Someone was just here sweetheart, he gave me some papers. It turns out that Derek and Jennifer are suing for custody of you.” I shot out of the chair,
“What!? NO! Daddy, you can’t let them take me, they’ll kill me! Ohmygodohmygodohmygod…” I was cut off when dad grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to look at him,

“Trinity Rose Sanders, you listen to me. They are NOT going to get you back, EVER. I’ve already called all the attorneys; we’re going into the office tomorrow after school, and yes, you have to go. I’m not going to give them any reason to say that I’m a bad father. So you are going to school, you’re going to pay attention, then I’m going to pick you up and we are going to destroy these mother fuckers, ok?” I nodded and allowed him to pull me into a hug. I pulled away and went to on Mitch's lap, where all my friends crowded around me, silently letting me know it was gonna be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright ya'll, heres the chapter, betcha didn't see that one coming =] Thank you to all my loverly commenters, ya'll know the drill, 6 comments before I start writing the next one, and 10 before I post. Oh, and go check out my co write with my darling Kit Kat,
The Other Part of Me, comment that one one too lol. I LOVE YOU ALL!

-Becka